Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

PATS system tied to door?

Yup, Thanks guys, I confirmed with the master PATS thread that without a rapid blinking theft left, it is not a pats issue. So now I have it ruled down to a no start, no crank situation. (also,it warmed up enough and i got the door shut!)
  2. H

Or can I unplug the battery for a while and it might reset itself?
  3. H

So my door froze shut last night and took a bit of effort to open this morning. I got it open but now something broke and it will not latch shut.. I had to drive to work holding it shut (hard to do when you are turning right) Now the PATS system will not let me start it.. The theft light...
  4. H

new heads overheated for 5 mins help

do you thank anyone for reading it or for offering help? because i have no help but i did read it so your welcome :P
  5. H

Three alternators since November

do you have a volt meter or dmm (digital multi meter)? you should hook that up to your battery with car off it should read 12.6ish. with vehicle running and idling and radio turned down it should read 14ish. you can also check at the alternator just be careful you keep loose clothing away from...
  6. H

your amp is small and shouldnt be a problem. do you have your "remote lead" wired correctly? it is the tiny blue wire. it gets tapped into your radio on wire so it only draws power when car is turned on to acc or started. if it is tapped into something else it could be drawing power 247 which...
  7. H

not to mention your equation is wrong lmao... try dividing by 14.4 since when my truck is running that is what its at. not 12.. given 100 percent efficiency.. which no my amp is not. but running at 4 ohm instead of 1 ohm makes it A LOT more efficient..
  8. H

Thinking about selling.......

im thinking if i were closer id wanna buy it!!
  9. H

On my new purchase

how many miles on your xlt?
  10. H

Wonder what I have.

check your door sticker for your axle code someone back me up but i think it goes 43 Open 3200 3.08 41 Open 3200 3.27 42 Open 4.10 46 Open 3.73 45 Open 3200 3.55 D4 Limited Slip 3200 3.73 D2 Limited Slip 4.10 L73 Limited Slip 3.73
  11. H

Joined the 2nd Gen club

well lets see the stereo man!!! congrats on the new ride! :)
  12. H

2000 Explorer XLT HID Problem...

guess your hid bulbs are broken?
  13. H

2000 Explorer XLT HID Problem...

ive installed hid bulbs and ballasts into the stock housing with no problem. both lit up fine. they sucked because the factory housing isnt set up for an hid bulb though. now i put a different housing set up with all new bulbs and leds.. had to do some splicing but it all lit up just fine...
  14. H

'97 Mountaineer 2WD -How bad did I screw up?

which part of minnesota!?
  15. H

Crap In oil pan HELP?? pics

i thnkfully do not even own a 4.0 and I know that is bad!!!
  16. H

V8 owners -> Input pls!

dang.. both you guys beat me to it lol
  17. H

V8 owners -> Input pls!

any new front end replacement parts? tie rods ball joints and stuff seem to fail on these vehicles and also check underneath to make sure the front drive shaft is installed.. we have heard tons of stories about people buying an awd explorer that has had problems so someone along the way took out...
  18. H

'97 Mountaineer 2WD -How bad did I screw up?

I cant comment as i got awd in Duluth Minnesota and have never drivin a 2wd explorer.. but from what ive read as long as you got decent tires you should be okay. It is a limited slip i believe.. and if you really want you could always sell it and keep shopping for an awd..
  19. H

'97 Mountaineer - totaled!

yeah a lot of times you can "buy back" from the insurance company.. or say they go hey the value is 3 grand so they write you a check for that but say you wanna keep the car they will say you can keep the car and well write you a check for 2500 or something.. then you can look for another...
  20. H

5.0 AWD fuel economy

plus i just re upped my tabs.. cost me 42 bucks for the year. that is like 3.50 a month.. my moms new jetta is close to 400 which is 33 a month. and right now my collision insurance is like 40 a month. if i were to get something new i could easily expect to pay about 150 a month. so this...
  21. H

5.0 AWD fuel economy

and chop the top so its not so poorly aerodynamically designed
  22. H

5.0 AWD fuel economy

I agree completely about accelerating faster.. i got laughed at when i mentioned that in a similar thread on here but its true.. the faster you get to 4th gear the better..
  23. H

Stroked 2000 5.0 long block into a 97 5.0

too bad I just sold my brand new torque monsters! i should have bought a few extra sets... but with the power your making id worry about the transfer case holding up. the awd is great for winter and snow but wont hold up to much over 300 hp id consider doing a "bw4406" transfer case swap...
  24. H

Spare Tire Rod

are you sure its missing? there in two different locations.. one part in the compartment in the back. if your standing by the tailgate its in the compartment to your left. then there is another piece behind the backseat under that flap that hides the metal and stuff.. it fooled me at first too..
  25. H

Explorer Towing WOES

I have heard they would rent to a mounty though lol.. which is ironic because it has the same engine..
Back