Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Moog Ball Joint Fitting Problems

Yeah I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they can get it in to fix it. It's just a little off and drives me nuts! Other than that can't complain it drives straight and when I brake it stops straight can't ask for anything better :D
  2. A

Rear main seal question?

Hmm I have never heard of that repair kit but I will try and look around for it up here thanks!!
  3. A

Rear main seal question?

Will do on the jack end! And I can definitely second the no room thing. But I was also thinking during all of this I also have a lifted problem so either I fix the rear main seal or just pull the motor and try my luck that way because I also need to change out my rusty leaking manifolds!! But I...
  4. A

I need some more help with this front diff whine noise!!

I will have to try it! The only reason why I am really trying to right this problem is because of the 4800 mile road trip from Alaska to South Carolina and don't want anything to break if I can help it that is! I'll have to look into the pinion to the ring gear to see if that is what is...
  5. A

I have a question about switching out my seats!!

Awesome will do most bolts have come off pretty easy til the rear shocks I am replacing now.. Anyways I will start soaking them so that way by the time I find a good set in the wrecking yard they'll be good to go!!
  6. A

I hear you there my passenger side was 5.3 and my driver side was same as yours .7 steering wheel is almost straight and really kind of drives me nuts because it is off just a little but my front end is very stiff and newish feeling and sits up way more than before!! But right now I am in the...
  7. A

How did your alignment go? Mine went alright the passenger side they got as close as they could to specs but not perfect
  8. A

Awesome ok thanks and yeah my current seats are non heated but have pretty much 7-way options if you know what I am saying the lower air cushions no longer fill up and of course the driver seat has seen better days!!
  9. A

Rear main seal question?

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction to see how much of a pain this process can be? When the transmission shop rebuilt and reinstalled my tranny they didn't replace the seal well as they should have it is now leaking a lot at highway speed.. The bad part of all this is my...
  10. A

I need some more help with this front diff whine noise!!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422738 Ok so after replacing the axle seal and all of the front end parts I still have the whine noise.... After it leaking for so long I have to wonder if the bearings need to be replaced or inner diff parts may be needed! Can anyone...
  11. A

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD 281,345 miles previous owner drove it up to Alaska from Texas, slowly rebuilding her to her former glory... Adding years back to her life after many of neglect!! She will be a great running machine soon!!
  12. A

96 awd 5.0 front drivetrain whine noise ..

Ok so I found the axle to Wheel bearing shield if anyone needs to locate it here is the part number and what it looks like
  13. A

Looking for some more power out of my 96 5.0L Explorer

Oh wow yeah I dont blame you for not wanting to drill into it at all..... And I will have to do some research on it to see what they have thanks for the info!!
  14. A

5.0 Exhaust Thread

That would be awesome thanks!!
  15. A

302 lifter replacement!

Man.... I was afraid you would say that I figured with the little room I had they couldn't fit I just needed a second opinion and got it thank you!!
  16. A

302 lifter replacement!

Thanks for the picture!!
  17. A

302 lifter replacement!

Since we are on the subject will fox body 302 shorty headers even work for an explorer? Someone said they should but not sure if ou have heard this or not
  18. A

302 lifter replacement!

Thanks and yeah I can't wait to get rid of my diesel tick loudest at idle but gets quieter as the rpms climb during normal driving conditions, both of my manifolds are on the schedule to be replaced as well because they are leaking and rusty and I am losing a lot of power when I try and get on it
  19. A

302 lifter replacement!

Right before I bought my explorer from the transmission shop that rebuilt the tranny they put cleaner in there and it didn't help the only thing no one has done is tighten anything as far as I know that is..
  20. A

302 lifter replacement!

Awesome thanks for this info I already have the gaskets needed for the job just wanted to see what was Involved
  21. A

Looking for some more power out of my 96 5.0L Explorer

The only thing I can even remotely say if you want more hp is maybe a supercharger most of the Cobras do get decent gas mileage and the 5.0 can handle it, definitely worth lookin into, but as for me I am in the same boat as you looking for mods I really want a CAI cold air intake but can't seem...
  22. A

Ok I have a fully loaded XLT and I just had a question about the seats my leather seats are pretty much all cracked and callin apart as the vehicle is from TX. Anyway my question is can the limited leather seats fit into my XLT or do I need to modify anything?
  23. A

302 lifter replacement!

Has anyone replaced theirs yet? Even during rebuild? I have a bad lifter ticking issue in my 5.0 I just hope to gather some info to what I am up against if any of you could share what you went through and things to look out for please let me know thanks ahead of time!!
  24. A

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Do you have any video of it? Would love to hear your setup
  25. A

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I am thinking of doing something similar to this!! I have pretty much the stock system right now except the new 9" vortec muffler and they took out my resonator haha But I am looking at getting 1 more 9" vortec true dual my exhaust, manifolds back, cat delete, and new manifolds and my baby...
Back