Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2001 Explorer Sport - No reverse

I ended up getting it for $100. And it drives perfect in the forward gears! I mean PERFECT! No shudder, doesn't shift hard, etc.. But the 4WD doesn't work (No 4WD LOW or High) and no reverse obviously.. someone mentioned in a thread that if you kick it down into 1, it should engine brake...
  2. S

2001 Explorer Sport - No reverse

A friend of mine is going to sell me a 2001 Explorer sport for $150. Only issue he knows of is the reverse does not work. Claims it drives in every other gear just fine. I've Googled it and it seems like there are several different problems that could cause this Truck has 226k on it. I...
  3. S

Solved 2000 V8 PCM pin-out / wiring

Thanks! I think anyone with the same on going OSS issue should look into it.
  4. S

Speedometer and cruise work 100% perfect. But I decided to trace the wires on the PCM and rewire them directly to the OSS. AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY. Drove it for about 40 miles.... No CEL, No OD Off flashing. Shifted perfectly. So I am guessing the factory harness had a bad wire somewhere.
  5. S

As far as I know, My TPS is working. No CEL codes for that, and it idles, revs and shifts fine until the damn OD off light starts flashing, And then it throws a P0720 code... Already replaced the sensor
  6. S

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2260012&postcount=16 Is the one I was using. It only had one wire for the OSS. But I don't know if it's for my year or not. So, would it be wise to tap into those two to see if I can get my OSS working again? Should I check the wiring...
  7. S

So there are two wires into the pcm from the oss? Can you post the pin out you have please
  8. S

After many issues with my 2000 V8 AWDs output speed sensor, I going to start looking into the wiring. My question is, I found a PCM pin-out diagram for it. I also found the pin for the OSS, I am wondering... Does that go directly to the sensor... Or to another computer or relay, or what? And...
  9. S

P0720 Code, O/D Off Flashing. Shifting issues

I'll look into that. From what I could see of the wiring harness, It looked to be in good shape. Where does the wiring go? Does it go to the PCM under the hood, or into the dash??
  10. S

It also now has a P1000 code. Because the guy reset or cleared all the trouble codes. Now I don't know what to do to reset it. Someone posted a how to, but I do not have unlimited access to a scan tool.
  11. S

O/d Off flashing, P0720 & P0721 codes I've posted this before about the OD off light flashing in my 2000 V8 AWD explorer, It's still doing it even after replacing the sensor. I checked and cleaned all connections and reset the PCM, Still the same thing. Whenever the OD off flashes, it starts...
  12. S

Front drive shaft removal on a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer.

Hitting it with a BFH is all I can tell ya. Get a piece of wood or something, and wack it hard as you can. Mine was the same way, acted like it still had bolts attached.
  13. S

'00 V8 AWD CV joint or Transfer case [Video included]

I'm gonna do that this week. Thanks for all the input guys. How much driving would it be before the coupler starts to get damage?
  14. S

Mine ended up being a Torx 30, and 5/16 to get the back CV joint off. Two of the bolts were stripped and had to burn them off with a torch. Guess what? THE NOISE IS COMPLETELY 100% GONE WITHOUT THE FRONT DRIVESHAFT IN PLACE Now would that be my CV joint or no?
  15. S

I tried one day, and ended up breaking my only torx 27 bit off in the bolt. A friend of mine is supposed to help me today. Now to the people who said the front isn't spinning, I had my foot on the brakes to give it some load. If I am not mistaken, The coupler is supposed to allow the front to...
  16. S

2000 AWD w/ blinking o/d light

Mine would do that, and eventually it threw the CEL and was an OSS. The tires might not be an issue, but I would check those. Check your Tranny fluid as well. I would also reset the PCM and drive it around for a while. If it does it again, try to have your tranny codes pulled. And I think if...
  17. S

I failed to mention that during the video, I had my foot on the brake to give it some friction. If I just put it up and gave it gas, it wouldn't make the noise. I did have my foot on the brake, that is why it was like that. When I had it jacked up, I could spin it fairly easy with my hand.
  18. S

Figured I'd try this again. This is the noise my 2000 V8 all wheel drive Explorer XLT mades when accelerating. Sometimes it isn't as bad if I am light on the gas. It doesn't do it decelerating, or while turning. Just while under acceleration. At first I thought the chain was slipping cause this...
  19. S

2000 XLT AWD - Swapping Tcase, Difficult?

Thanks for all the input. I've seen alot of people talking about making sure the Front D-shaft is "marked" on the Tcase so when re-installed, It will be balanced properly. How do you do this if you are changing the Tcase?
  20. S

I've been up and down all around that Tcase and I do not see any connections on it to anything
  21. S

The VSS on the model I have is on the rear-axle, it also acts as an ABS sensor I am told.
  22. S

Does anyone know how interchangeable the T-cases are? Every place I called keeps asking for my Tcase ID number and said they don't have any that much or will work.
  23. S

cruise control recall - what years?

Wait, WHAT? Recall on the cruise control? What are the symptoms?
  24. S

Can you PM me please? And I have, But would rather keep it OEM for my girlfriend who drives it mostly in the winter. My tcase ID number is F87A-7A195-EB I called around to a few places, An d they said that I need that number to get the RIGHT Tcase, and that number matters ALOT...
Back