Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

MFT to Sync 3 upgrade success... but some remaining issues

Don’t think my radial popup displays for climate
  2. B

Email Jason from Fordpimods. Pay the small fee to have him send you the programming. Its well worth it and worked perfectly.
  3. B

SYNC 3 latest version

So what is 18093? You can get it from the ford server.
  4. B

SYNC 3 latest version

What's your build number for your v3.0? I believe the most recent is 18093
  5. B

Price List and Payment Options I knew I read this but couldn’t find it last night.
  6. B

Seeing that this was the work of someone else (Jason from Fordpimods), I don't really know if this is something I should post. I would think it could lead to lost revenue. In my case, it was money well spent.
  7. B

Went with the professional... had Jason from Fordpimods send me the correct code. Running through the checklist of issues, they all seem to be working now, though I forgot to check the steering wheel button. Have to do it in the morning. Thanks Jason
  8. B

Hello everyone, This upgrade was a long time coming, but was put on hold while the dealership did a warranty fix on my radio reception. Ended up needing to replace the antennae mount and its wiring. Only took the dealership about four months to fix it, but I digress. The actual physical swap...
  9. B

SYNC 3 latest version

Here is the link to more info on 18093 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com - View Single Post - NEW SYNC 3 v3.0 Build 18025 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay
  10. B

SYNC 3 latest version

From the ford servers with a direct link that I got from the mustang forums. I’ll post it when next in front of my computer. Also search for sync 3 18093 should bring it up.
  11. B

SYNC 3 latest version

I entered the default as built from a MY17 EX XLT since the APIM came from a non Explorer. The hardware swap was pretty easy, but the Forscan programming was a PITA since I forgot my laptop at work and the only other one I had on hand has a broken screen. Had to setup a monitor in the passenger...
  12. B

SYNC 3 latest version

Just upgraded my MFT on my MY14 to Sync3. It had one of the unofficial 3.0 installed on it. I upgraded it to 18025 and then upgraded it to 18093. Its working well, just need to figure out the APIM programming to fix my lack of climate controls and a couple of other issues.
  13. B

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Tried to source the brackets alone, but either none are available on eBay or my googlefu is weak. I did find another screen ending with -SC on eBay, so I'll turn around and sell my -SB screen. From what I can tell, G2GT-18B955-SC is from an Edge. The following link has a breakdown of what cars...
  14. B

Has anyone been successful in adapting the Sync 3 screen ending with -SB for the Explorer? I didn't realize that I needed the -SC part before ordering off of eBay. I'd prefer not modifying my mounting brackets in case I need to reinstall the MFT for warranty or any other service at the...
  15. B

Wish I had read this more closely. I just got my sync 3 screen and apim. Unfortunately, my screen part number ends with -SB and the sides of the screen does not have the indent. If my existing brackets off the MFT will not fit the sync 3 screen, I imagine I'll have to enlarge the mount holes in...
  16. B

When programming the APIM on a Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade, you only need to program the APIM with as built data from a similarly equipped Ex that comes with Sync 3 correct? The rest of the modules are to be left alone? My APIM off my 2014 Ex xlt only has addresses 7d0-01-01 to 7D0-04-02. Looking...
  17. B

Question/Clarification on adding HD ACM and the necessary reprogramming of APIM and ACM

Hello everyone, Late to the FORScan reprogramming game. I picked up a HD enabled ACM from eBay (part# EB5T-19C107-FA) and planned on installing it this weekend. Thank you to all the work everyone put into determining the correct bits to change to enable it. I would like someone to confirm...
Back