Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Installing HID? Read this first.

Dent, Mine are 35 watt as well. I can't imagine needing the 50s.
  2. T

Here is one more against the garage door this morning. My driveway isn't exactly level it slants very slightly left. IMG_1306 by 11-Speed, on Flickr This morning I was following a Mitsubishi Galant to work. The beam cutoff was between the top of the bumper cover and the bottom of their...
  3. T

Here's a real world pic from the roads around my house. This is looking down a level stretch and stationary. First on high... Here on low. In driving, the cutoff is below the trunk line of any cars bigger than Miatas. ;) Seriously, a car that sits low enough to have any issue...
  4. T

2014 Exhaust Upgrade Question: Size and Offset>>>

Did this change the WOT smell inside the cabin or did you ever notice it before the exhaust upgrade?
  5. T

I'll get some pics too. As for what I used. I got this kit from Diode Dynamics. Super people to work with. http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/2011-2014-ford-explorer-low-beam-hid-conversion-kit.html I also got their kit for the fogs. I will tell you that the fogs are NOT projection...
  6. T

My only guess is that the folks beating on HID kits for this application have not seen the actual results. The projectors in the sport are a near perfect match for conversion. The light cutoff is extremely well controlled and matches the factory version in an XLT to the point you can not tell...
  7. T

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I got this back from Paul at Diode Dynamics .. "Indeed, as we develop new products, we are focusing specifically on LED lighting, rather than HID conversions. We do not want to make HIDs the primary product for our business, as we expect demand to slow over the next 5-10 years for HID...
  8. T

Here is the link to Diode Dynamics... http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/listed-by-vehicle/ford/explorer/2011-2014-ford-explorer-low-beam-hid-conversion-kit.html I've been very happy with my HIDs since the install. As I said in the reveiw, I was impressed with the overall...
  9. T

The CANBUS system with my kit connects directly to the battery with it's own fuse blocks. It uses the factory connector as a trigger for the relays. As for battery capacity, I have not seen any dimming at idle or indication that there is any significant increase in demand with the 35 watt...
  10. T

I installed the Diode Dynamics 4300K systems in my headlights and fogs last week. Their new systems come with the CANBUS wiring harness. It was plug and play all the way. Fired up perfectly on the first try. So far I could not be happier with the results. This should have been the factory...
  11. T

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Well, I've had my first taste of the acceleration stink issue. Entering the interstate with a long ramp I got on the gas fairly well for longer than normal for me. Not floored just letting it rev a little. As soon as I settled back to cruise it was very noticeable. I initially thought the...
  12. T

Is anyone satisfied with their sport?

I'm coming up on 3000 miles with my 14 Sport. Only minor issues. The trim on the bottom of the back passenger doors is not sitting right and the wheels are marked up. I have polished some out but will need more time to make them look good. My only disappointments are the headlights and side...
  13. T

How Long For Delivery?

Mine was ordered week of 1/20 and arrived at the dealership 3/31. I should have it in my hands next week. If my transaction was not company related I would have it already. I'm really anxious at this point to be in it. :D
  14. T

MFT Wallpapers

Yep, The size limit is 1.5 Mb. I've seen a lot of wallpaper for the F150 and Focus but not anything with the Explorer logo.
  15. T

How Long For Delivery?

From what I've read it depends on your dealer's allocation / priority as well as the combination of options that you ordered. A low volume dealer will fall farther down the line than a large metro dealer that sells a lot of units.
  16. T

MFT Wallpapers

MFT Wallpaper Anybody have "Explorer" specific wallpaper for the MFT system. The new size is 800 x 384 pixels. If you do can we make a sticky to post them in? thanks
  17. T

How Long For Delivery?

Mine was ordered week of 1/21, have VIN now with it in production, due at the dealership 4/3.
  18. T

I tried the PIAA high output halogen lamps in our Subaru fogs and had issues with the heat they produced. They burned the glare shield silvering off. From what I've researched good quality 35 watt HIDs actually run cooler than high output halogens. I've used Silver Stars off and on in my...
  19. T

Sport Oil questions & Analysis

For Turbo engines like in the Sport I would only use a full Synthetic like Penzoil Platinum or equal. Most factory tunes tend to be on the rich side to help prevent detonation which is very bad in pressurized engines. One issue that can be common is higher levels of gasoline contamination in...
  20. T

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

Yeah, I'm trying to get an update now. Hopefully, they are working through the orders and getting them out. I'm not in a panic as my current vehicle doesn't go back until the end of March.
  21. T

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

MicroSoft will still be around to support the Mobile CE system in MFT until the normal end of life required. 10 or more years. It is HIGHLY unlikely that there will be any chance to retrofit existing systems to a new operating system. So, those units currently Microsoft will continue to be...
Back