Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

AC Problem

Turns out it was low. I added a 18oz can of r134a and she cools great now and both sides blow same exact temp! :) Now for the details: This might help others... I didn't use a gauge set so sorry if this isn't scientific... I just hooked up the gauge that comes with the recharge can on low...
  2. T

AC Problem

That's what I was thinking on the return/low pressure line it should be nice and cold. I have fixed it now. I will post details in a few.
  3. T

AC Problem

I'm assuming it's the stock compressor and truck just hit 200K miles... I doubt it's been serviced... My initial thought was it's running a little low on the refrigerant but the compressor runs constant (doesn't do the on-off cycling like you see when they're low) I didn't own it last summer so...
  4. T

AC Problem

Ok Yeah I know... another ac issue... My AC is not cooling good when it's hot out Takes 20+minutes of driving before it starts to cool down inside even with rear ac and recirculate on. Weird thing is it blows warmer on driver side vents than passenger and rear (I have the 3 zone setup). I've...
  5. T

chasing misfires.... thinking egr valve??

I've never tested but I would think the pressure would fluctuate some as the fuel pressure regulator usually gets input from the engine vacuum. Also check that your coil boots are dry I got mine wet from coolant leaking from the intake and started having problems... Then I washed the engine off...
  6. T

Dual Climate with no heat on the passenger side

Additionally, if you want to test the functionality of these before removal you can watch the white axle with the square shape in it (the red circle in the image below) this should rotate slowly as you change the temp... It should make a quarter turn (90 degrees) rotation from hottest to coolest...
  7. T

Here is where mine are located: Passenger Side: Drivers Side
  8. T

I'm not sure on removal of the passenger side but I thought from looking at mine the dash would have to come out some to access the screws... However here is a video of a guy doing the driverside replacement without pullinig the dash... -He has a single temp system but It looks like it's the...
  9. T

studders/bumps when accelerating sometimes

Update: New intake manifold -Dorman (stock intake was leaking coolant also causing a misfire) New Coils - MSD New Plugs -Motorcraft Platinum Compression test passed. 170psi on lowest cylinder 180psi on highest. Engine runs and idles smooth no missing and no codes. $400 later I still...
  10. T

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Is it possible to replace just the bearings not the entire hub? Can they be pressed/hammered out of the hub assembly and new pressed/hammered in? -I see them (just the bearings) for quite a lot cheaper on rockauto.
  11. T

4.6 Intake Manifold Options

Update: I'm throwing this out there incase others are interested... I ordered the Dorman 615-175... I will let you know how it goes... I decided against the Speedmaster for 3 reasons: 1. It doesn't appear to have the coolant fitting up beside the thermostat so I would have to bypass that...
  12. T

Update: So I think I might try the speedmaster but from the pictures of it, it doesn't have the heated pvc hose connection beside the thermostat like I have now. Anyone know if this can be bypassed or deleted?
  13. T

I need to replace the intake manifold on my 4.6 2003 explorer. I have seen folks recommending the Dorman. But I rather put an all metal one on if possible. What options do I have? Will any of the 2v 4.6 intake fit say from a mustang? --- I've found these online but don't know if they fit...
  14. T

Thanks for the tips guys... Things really got bad on way home yesterday I could definitely tell it was missing and it set a misfire code on cylinder 8 which is back driver-side I think. I found I have coolant leak from the intake manifold under the thermostat area. Its getting into the plug...
  15. T

Just picked up a 2003 explorer 4.6 4x4. It sometimes studders surges and bumps when accelerating hard or up a hill. Other than that shifts smooth and runs smooth. No service engine lights yet. What are your thoughts? Random misfire or tranny issue? When it messes up, it starts off as a...
  16. T

4.0L SOHC Intake gasket leaking?

BTW that's not the actual picture of his engine but I know his is that type intake. Can't remember which side the oil filler was on... Perhaps his engine is not really a 98 model? I will try to get another look at his tonight or this weekend.
  17. T

4.0L SOHC Intake gasket leaking?

Ok I've been searching the web and sounds like my buddy might have intake gasket leaks... However his intake looks different than others could it still have the leak or is his intake an improved version? His intake looks like this... Others look like this... His is a 98 Eddie Bauer...
Back