Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2011 Explorer XLT (My Way)

Looks awesome! I like those wheels even better than the sport wheels! Nice choice. The red calipers look great too!
  2. R

Adding / Removing Dash Trim

So the trim is permanently snapped on to the door. It has melted plastic pieces that melt from the back to keep them in place. I did wrap mine in vinyl wood to Just see what it would look like. I love the way the trim looked on the glove box wrapped, but the door panels, because they are curvy...
  3. R

New Ambient Light (Self Install)

Really great to know! :) now you got me wondering if I should go find some!
  4. R

Looks awesome! Yeah, it's crazy what they charge and I was determined to do it myself! Haha! Awesome job!
  5. R

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

In terms of the gap, I saw that and stuck some double sided adhesive tape. Wider 3m tape and pressed hard. You can't see the tape at all and now the mudflap actually holds on that upper end much better. This was a few weeks ago when I installed and have already washed car and still not even a...
  6. R

Thanks! I can share the document for sure just not sure how to load the document on here.
  7. R

Hey everyone... So I finally did the ambient light install. After careful consideration, I opted to not do the Ford OEM Ambient Light Kit available from their accessory store. I used the Sylvannia ZEVO Led kit. It was $35 for the starter kit (remote, controller, two 12" light strips...
  8. R

my own version of ambient lighting.

I know this an older thread, so sorry to ask, but what did you tap into ?
  9. R

Body control module

Thanks for that! This helps to confirm exactly where I thought it was. After some googling and research late last night, I was able to conclude that all those bunches of wires that hide the fuse box are the connectors to the BCM! So today I was even able to see the shape of the c2280d connector...
  10. R

Body control module

Hey everyone, so I think I'm going to attempt this ambient lighting that I was asking about last week. I was able to get some instructions that are pretty straightforward from the dealer. But I have one question, does anyone know where the BCM is? Is it near the elusive fuse box? ;) It gives...
  11. R

Yeah exactly, it quickly slides on. It's a super easy install once you sort of look at what you're doing and take a peek at what screws your removing etc...
  12. R

Rear Bumper Protectors

Installed my BMC protector days ago too, love it. Looks like it should have been there from the beginning.
  13. R

Just installed mine a few days ago... Super easy. The front drilling does not go into the metal. It simply goes through the plastic trim and does it very easily without excessive force on the drill. I did the rears without taking off the wheels. Drilled from the back of the car through the...
  14. R

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Will take some tomorrow! After reading through so many posts about the reception, I decided to give it a go. Was happy that I haven't noticed any less reception than there was originally. ;)
  15. R

Ford ambient Lighting Kit

That's the best price I have seen so far! Thanks for that link! So it seems like mostly it's been installed by dealers only. I saw on an f150 forum by doing a google search, someone did it as DIY. Probably need to check that out again and see if it all looks like it could be related to our...
  16. R

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Installed my shark fin antenna! Looks awesome!
  17. R

Yeah, haven't checked dealer pricing yet either... I do like doing stuff myself but don't like when it ends up being more that I could take on! Haha... Going to check dealer pricing this week and see what price they give. Not a must, so If pricing is outrageous, then I'll just skip all together...
  18. R

Replacing 2nd and 3rd row dome/map lights in an Explorer?

There's quite a bit of discussion in the sticky at the top of the modified page that has some good discussion around the second row and third row. The second row I believe comes off with a screw behind the coat rack hanger pull down. Third row seemed a bit complicated because it's an LED light...
  19. R

Ok, so I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't really found a straightforward answer in regards to the self install of the Ford Ambient lighting kit on 2014 XLT. Based on everything i have read so far and can see from various sites, the kit only includes LED lighting in the front...
  20. R

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

So true... I've checked out other sites and seem to be around the $400-$500 mark for runners and hardware... Guess that's what I'll be spending for quality! ;)
  21. R

I think it was more over time with any boards, or so it seemed with the less expensive sets. I have seen some on eBay, very similar in style to the dee zee running boards but I'm afraid I'll get what I pay for! ;( but really, that is the truth right? Let me know how your install goes! I'm...
  22. R

Sounds like we should just do the switch! My aluminum ones for your wood trimmed ones! Haha! Looking into vinyl as a lot of people suggested above. Not sure... Have you tried to take them off? I've sort of just pried a bit and they seem like they are extremely tight in their places! This is the...
  23. R

Looks awesome!! Was looking at the same ones on that website! Great job! When stepping on them, they feel pretty strong and sturdy? Been reading a few posts on some potentially sagging over time. Was wondering if the install would be easy for me to do as well. I'm a good DIY person, but was...
  24. R

Did you ever find a way to swap them out? I am actually looking for the wood ones.. Not really liking anything I see on the market in regards to peel and stock kind
  25. R

That's definitely a start! Thanks so much!
Back