Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Hello Everyone, Explorer build front to back, few questions.

Just as a fun fact, I lived in Avondale for 3 years.... that's actually where my girlfriend bought the explorer!
  2. B

FR-425..... This is awesome. Needed to find someone like you to discuss the trans part of my build. I knew there was something going on with the pressures between OD and D. Probably why my seal pushed out then... was pulling that trailer in OD. I will have to think about the drive reduction...
  3. B

On their site they have 2 options for convertors... The first one II'm assuming is a 1600 stall. The second one they list gives an option for stall speed with the lowest being 1800. That sound right? I will give them a call. Sure appreciate all the info, I'm looking forward to hearinghow yours...
  4. B

On their site they have 2 options for convertors... The first one II'm assuming is a 1600 stall. The second one they list gives an option for stall speed with the lowest being 1800. That sound right? I will give them a call. Sure appreciate all the info, I'm looking forward to hearinghow yours...
  5. B

Also forgot to mention this: to combat the extra heat that goes along with a cast iron head, i plan to run a 180 degree thermostat, and one range colder plug. It still won't perform like an aluminum head, but it's better than how it would be completely stock.
  6. B

Megasquirt would allow me to get more power, eliminate detonation, and tune every single thing to get the best mileage. You don't need to run race gas with 13:1 compression, and actually you would add timing. E85 is race gas. Better, actually, as it cools the intake charge more than race gas. I...
  7. B

I will be doing most of those things as well. I have some of those things installed already, like the Torrington bearings and hardened drum, and the torque convertor I am buying will be theirs... but what stall? And i may not need to handle any additional power if I don't go E85 route...
  8. B

Everything that is done to that A4LD is the same exact parts I would put into mine. I have rebuilt many auto transmissions, the work is easy. I would actually be buying the ultimate kit from that company. I can save about 1900 by doing the work myself.
  9. B

Thats a great idea but a civic won't pull my trailer haha. And I want to keep the A4LD, mine is definitely rebuildable. I dont need a new engine from a junk yard either, mine is in great shape. I want to know if anyone has experience with higher compression running a different cam and the...
  10. B

Let me start by saying hello to everyone. I have been coming here often after acquiring my '93 Explorer Sport, and now have some questions to hopefully be answered. I have searched all these things individually, but not finding the answers that pertain to my certain application. First of all...
Back