Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How to disable factory alarm?

On my vehicle the alarm horn was on the firewall by the master cylinder --could you simply unscrew the horn from it's mounting and break it's ground--that might stop it from sounding and leave your other connections alone--the other horns on most cars work because the horns are grounded
  2. T

I think you are also reading the other thread with the diagram showing the connector and listing which wires went where--the are about 4 or 5 different pins going to something in the door lock system--you likely have to find each connection taking the alarm completely out of the circuit by...
  3. T

1997 Explorer with Dealer-Installed Alarm

Take out the fuse for the alarm horn to kill sound but unless someone knows which wire fixes the locks most of the alarm wires seem to be involved in the door lock system--I just use the key since I was not given the key-chain fob anyway Mine had a fuse next to the alarm horn under the hood
  4. T

If you are willing to completely do away with the alarm sound mine had a fuse going to the alarm horn under the hood and I simply took out the fuse disabling only the noise maker
  5. T

Ford put the wiring in with the plugs for the units which have their logo on them and they changed the plugs and exterior of the units from year to year --mainly just re-arranged the wires on the plugs--if yours is a 94 you likely have a unit in the wiring above your left foot which is where the...
  6. T

The alarms were DEALER INSTALLED--not factory--they came with wiring for an alarm in the harness but any alarm was installed at the dealership and much depended on the installer--they just cut into the factory wiring and spliced the alarm into existing circuits--mine was just laying up on the...
  7. T

The alarms were dealer installed with a connector ford put in and lots of cut and spliced wires--like my post above says I used a wiring diagram to find the colors of the wires going to the starter solenoid and the ignition and find where the alarm box wiring had been spliced into the...
  8. T

2000 Ranger tranny problem

I finally got my ELM327 to function and got 2 codes P1756 and P1761 which say I have "internal Hydraulic Failure" on solenoids B &C but there are 4 identical solenoids and I can't tell them apart--I can test them electrically and maybe I can hear them click but I don't have an air fixture to...
  9. T

Thank you for the info--The "tps" is the throttle speed sensor?--It acts like any letting off of the throttle at speed causes it to either shift out of gear or have some pressure change so I'll check the tps carefully--I had the speed sensor on the rear end go out and cause shifting and other...
  10. T

It seems to be completely out of gear like it lost all pressure or just shifted to neutral--it's not slipping --it's like you pushed in the clutch and raced the engine--but there's no clunk like it suddenly catches--I have to let the engine rpm go to an idle state and then the gear is there and...
  11. T

I do not have a tach in this truck--the transmission drops out of gear and I can race the engine repeatedly--I have to let it coast and completely let off the gas and let the engine idle before it will go back into gear--it gets worse if I get above 65 especially if the engine temp is at full...
  12. T

I have a 2000 Ranger 4-cylinder automatic that drops out of OD almost every time I let off the throttle the slightest amount--the transmission was rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago and was never 100% but it worked so I kept driving--I could tell it had some type of OD problem but only slightly...
  13. T

On my 94 I really got no answers here but accidently found an answer about a model a year or 2 newer--I took the box out but lost the use of my automatic locks--to get mine to start I looked in a wiring diagram and found the colors of the wires going to my starting system red and maybe black I...
  14. T

I just soldered the starter wiring back together--I didn't even know about the alarm until I took off the steering wheel--the person I bought it from didn't mention the alarm and gave me nothing but keys--it had a blinking light and a button I had to push each time to start it but the siren only...
  15. T

Does anyone know if I can remove all the plugs in the main box now that I have connected the red to the red/blue and pulled the siren fuse--would like to throw the piece of junk into the trash
  16. T

It was super easy to get around the alarm and get the truck to start--I want to know how to get rid of the entire thing and good old ford only keeps records for 10 years-- I found a thread about a 97 model with a picture of his alarm which was just like mine with the plugs re-arranged--the...
  17. T

Jumped the wires at the plug going into the box and pulled one of 2 fuses wired into wiring harness and truck started and siren stopped--I thin k my problems are solved THANK YOU
  18. T

Thank you very much for the pictures--this is the same alarm I'm trying to disable on my 94 Explorer--the plugs are moved around but the print is exactly the same--I'm going out to try the jumper now
  19. T

Man I hope this thread is still alive--I have a 94 explorer with a dealer installed system--it has several white plug-ins with about 27 wires--under the dash above the drivers left foot--I want to disable or remove it as it keeps me from starting my truck--will disconnecting the plug in the pass...
  20. T

Help

There are 28 separate wires going to the 5 plug-ins on then box--the connectors look like part of the factory wiring so I hope there is a quick way to do the removal---such as where-ever the factory dis-arm is located--I hope someone actually knows about these dealer installed alarms --I have...
  21. T

Help

How can I remove the system? I presently have the steering wheel off as I am going to replace the Ignition switch(not the lock cylinder) and it thinks I am stealing the truck--I tried the reset procedure I found but I guess I have to completely put everything back together to get it to start...
  22. T

Help

Took out the alarm box--it says it's a Ford box but was not put in at the factory because it was held in by zip ties and the siren was put on with on 1 bolt-- which says it is a Ford CO Vehicle Security System with 4 separate pugs and about 28 different wires--all are labeled the ones that...
  23. T

Help

The switch I was sold for my explorer doesn't have a place for a switch rod --only a place for a large electrical plug which looks a lot like the plug on the alarm box as far as I can see--when I have time I will attempt to drop the alarm out of the dash and disconnect it if it is actually the...
  24. T

Help

1994 Explorer V6 Auto I recently purchased this truck and for a time it ran well but to start it I have always had to push a small button when I turned the key on--which I assumed was part of a disabled alarm then it lost its turn signals one day while I was driving and the volt meter...
Back