Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I specifically asked this question regarding the TPMS to the mechanic & his response was a little cloudy in that they are purchased from Ford but they are NOT original equipment which makes them aftermarket. The frequency difference is something like .08 or something so the winter tpms was...
  2. R

Hey Rebecca So I brought my Explorer into the dealership & they looked at the tracking issue again. They were pretty honest with me which I appreciated. the bottom line is Ford knows this is an outstanding issue & they literally have no clue how to fix it. (which seems ridiculous to me)...
  3. R

Thanks Rebecca, we have an appointment het week after next. To look into this & also for them to try to figure out why the keyless entry isn't working on the drivers door. When we try to open drivers door it unlocks the other three but the drivers door lock flutters on & off repeatedly. We...
  4. R

We purchased the winter tires & tpms from Ford, they may have been a slightly different size but was advised they are the standard for the vehicle.
  5. R

Our problems went away when we switched out the winter to summer tired. We put the winter tires back on & boom, tracking issue is back.
  6. R

Has any of this corresponded with the removal & changing of winter & summer tires? Just curious...
  7. R

So here we are, winter tires back on - GPS tracking issue has returne. I can't say I've been looking forward to winter. But I must admit I was curious to see what would happen with our GPS tracking issue when the snows went back on. During the time the summer tires have been on our GPS has...
  8. R

**Final Update** Since the summer tires went on the navigation tracking has been perfect. We've driving from Ontario to Myrtle Beach 1200-ish miles and it's been perfect every step of the way. It will be interesting to see once we put the winters back on.
  9. R

**UPDATE** I brought the Sport into the dealer 12-13 days ago. We switched out the winter tires to summers & I had them check the navigation issue. They advised the TSB didn't apply to us because our system was up to date with everything. This didn't make sense to me because we've had it...
  10. R

Navigation "off-route" issue Hey All We've got a 2014 Sport (Tuxedo Black) with 2800km's. We love it except for one frustration issue. Frequently our navigation system shows our vehicle way off the road, in the bush, in a body of water & most definitely not on the street we're actually...
  11. R

FJC2's 2014 Explorer Sport Blog-like thing

Hey Folks we've had our 14 Sport since December & we really love it. The one significant issue is with the navigation system & I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the same problem. Quite often the arrow showing where we are on the road is in a bush, on water or otherwise off the road...
Back