Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Sport Blowing white smoke???

That's exactly what I did. I noticed it about 3 mikes from the dealer. Took it right back. Their initial diagnosis is a stick injector which I call BS. I've never once smelled extra gas ever.
  2. C

Timing Chain Already???

2013 ex sport. Got P0016 at 92k. Timing chain replacement. Had them do a water pump at the same time
  3. C

Sport Blowing white smoke???

Just had timing chain replaced because of P0016 code. Has the water pump done at the same time. A week later I smell hot Coolant in my garage. Hmm? Coolant is a little low too. Next day my vehicle is blowing white smoke from the exhaust. 2013 ex sport. 93k miles
  4. C

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

I can't say I've ever experienced this. From my first beater car and all the others in between. Seems like a common issue just like the hood paint bubbles and the minor issue of power steering failing during driving. Ford, when you find your QC call me. I'll be back. Until then....
  5. C

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

My smell is getting worse. Anyone have new info?
  6. C

Diode dynamics or DDM ultra?

Diode dynamics still going strong. No problems in AUTO either.
  7. C

Installed 5000k kit from diode dynamics. Came in plain white boxes with no instructions. They do have a YouTube video though. So far so good. Works with auto. No wire relay.
  8. C

LED Headlight Conversions

Do the LED's throw light similar to HID's? I'm worried it would get washed out not too far from the vehicle.
  9. C

Then there are TRS and morimoto kits....ugh
  10. C

Thoughts on these? I'm not concerned with the price difference. I just want a solid kit. Do you have a wire harness?
  11. C

HID's or LED's - these halogens have to go

Deciding between HID'd or LED's in my 13 Sport. Looking at a 35w DDM Ultra kit or looking for LED bulbs. Looking for experiences with certain kits/bulbs. Thanks.
  12. C

User reviews on HID kits (consolidated)

Are you saying for fogs or headlights?
  13. C

Just replaced my cool bulb fogs with some bulbs yesterday. The one ballast was corroded and split open. So much for that....
  14. C

Coolbulbs kit flickering?

I hope you get fixed. I replaced ballasts and bulbs. Never fixed my issue. Added wire harness. Still cut out. Andrew was helpful but I just got fed up.
  15. C

Threw some Phillips HIR bulbs in for now. They are no better than crap oem bulbs in my opinion. Leaning towards a diode dynamics kit. Having lights turn out when driving, especially with my kids in the back seat, pretty damn scary.
  16. C

I had tons of issue with coolbulbs. Andrew was helpful and nice but I just got tired of replacing and switching parts.
  17. C

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

2013 explorer sports here. 58,000 miles +/- bubbles!!!
  18. C

Installing HID? Read this first.

wondering the same on the DD LED's. I'd be a tester if they need one!
  19. C

Installing HID? Read this first.

I'd like to see reviews of diode dynamics LED bulbs vs. HID's.
  20. C

Hit a bump and HIDs(coolbulbs) went out

Constant issues. Threw these in the trash last night.
  21. C

Been unhappy with my coolbulbs kit. Andrew has been helping me but I am just fed up with swapping parts and the lights not working sometimes. I have searched and found posts of some kits being used but wanted to consolidate them to their own thread. Please include your kit brand, length of time...
  22. C

Checked all connections. Taped them. Zip tied them. Lights still come and go. These are going in the trash for some HIR1's for now until I can get something else. Not risking the safety of my family with this crap set up.
  23. C

Well after replacing defective components once, then having to install a wire harness I can say things are tight. I used electrical tape after they clicked together. Thanks.
Back