Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

Im still on here. though I just moved to northesat PA. I'm still close enough to go wheeling though. Really want to get the new truck into the woods.
  2. D

Second Gen Roof Rack

Tubing is 3/4" box 16 ga. Flat stock is 6 x 1/8". Rack Dimensions are 56" long x 34" wide x 7 1/2" tall. The rack is the same dimensions as the factory rack tracks. I mounted it to the track by using a strip of 1" x 1/8" flat stock so it could slide into the track. I drilled and tapped some...
  3. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

I go up in Mahwah fairly often but I'm so James up for the next few weeks I don't think I'll be able to get out. Possibly could go on the 8th but I'm not 100% sure yet
  4. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

It was never legal to go wheeling up in Mahwah, It's just that the cops dont care that you do unless you start acting like an idiot up there. Unless you bother the residents that live up there the Mahwah PD has better things to do than harass a bunch of people out to have a good time. That...
  5. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

I'm up in the hills of Mahwah...
  6. D

Second Gen Roof Rack

Me either, I only built it out of boredom and a need for something to hold my lights lol
  7. D

Just Another Custom Second Gen Console

The switches on the A-pillar are only for the emergency lights that I use when responding to a call. Off road lighting will be controlled by switches on the the console. Just havent had a chance to put them in yet...
  8. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

A-Pillar switches run the emergency lighting.. Grill heads, headlight and taillight hide-aways.
  9. D

Second Gen Roof Rack

rear LEDs are 27 watts and throw a ton of light. i use the same ones for my fogs. They are Grote Trilliants. I used a piece of 3/4"x3/16" plate to mount to the existing track on the roof. all stainless hardwear.
  10. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

I've been busy putting some new stuff on my rig, just finished my roof rack and center console. Next up are some sliders, bumpers, and t-case swap so I can get real 4wd on my 5.0L!
  11. D

Just Another Custom Second Gen Console

So I was looking around the interior of my ride and desperatly trying to find a place to install my radios when I felt that the only way to make it look really clean was to build and entirely new console. A trip to Home Cheapo and a stop at RadioShack and JoAnn ect. and I was fully ready to...
  12. D

Second Gen Roof Rack

So the other day I finally finished building my rolling welder table and I figured that I need to get going on all the projects that Ford forgot to put on the second gens: racks, sliders, decent bumpers, tow points, ect. So I went to my local iron works with cash in hand and gave the owner 75...
  13. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

Well it wa just Truck and I and a local friend up there today but what a blast. Felt good to put some flex on the Ex's suspension for once. Maybe next time some more EF guys will come along. We barely scratched the surface of the trails up there! For those that didn't get out enjoy!
  14. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

so who all is in tomorrow?
  15. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

So who is actually in for some rocks and trails this weekend? Im planning on going regardless with a couple local friends. Still planning on the Stateline Diner at 1000the on Saturday.
  16. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

Rocks and trails my friend. Give your suspension a bit of a workout.
  17. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

Sweet I'm thinking sat the 10th or sun the 11th. Meet up at stateline diner on rt17 north in Mahwah at 0930 or so. Any takers?
  18. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

My ride is stock except for 31" all terrains. Usually not a problem but sometimes its nice to have a friend around to give ya a quick yank.
  19. D

North Jersey Trails/Wheeling Spots???

Yeah, I think there's maybe two or three of them left up there. Besides the trailhead is before you get to the top. Most everybody that lives up there are decent folks, they're just like everyone else. They don't want a bunch of jack-***** tearing through their community.
  20. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

would love to get a couple guys together for a North Jersey run next month...
  21. D

Really? Been going up there for years without any problems. as long as you're not acting like an ass nobody cares.
  22. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

sorry it took so long but here's my pics from wharton:
  23. D

i'm always ready to head out on the trails. there's a decent loop, nothing too extreme that i like to do. wont be around til sunday though. in mississippi right now doing a habitat build.
  24. D

Hey guys, I live up in Mahwah and there's miles of good rocky trails up here by me. Everything from fire roads to scary **** that I would't do without some really serious hardcore mods (35's, lockers, winch, ect.)
  25. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

Hey guys, had a great time and it was nice to meet all of you from the other state of NJ. next time we should do a run up my way and hit some rock! Ps I've been having trouble pulling the photos and video off my phone. Soon as I get that worked out I'll post some pics.
Back