Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: In before OP states that you have a complete lack of knowledge.
  2. L

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

The fact that you cut your springs and are quite pompous about there not being any 'ill effects" shows a complete lack of knowledge. But we're not here apparently to debate the good and/or bad. So I'll continue on topic to appease you and other fellow members looking to botch up their...
  3. L

My 2105 Explorer Sport Special Order Has Arrived

A 2105 Sport on order? Man.... that's gonna be a long wait time.
  4. L

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Peter, you were accounted for.. haha.
  5. L

Average age of 5th gen. owners

For ****'s and giggles, I decided to attempt to answer the question of the thread. Average age of 5th gen owners, according to my math is 42.7 (rounded up from 42.652777.......) I added up everyone's ages that replied, with a 5th gen, and divided by the number of 5th gen owners who replied...
  6. L

Picked up our new X Sport

Looks good. Nice to see yet another CO member. I used to live in Breckenridge and Colorado Springs. I hope to move back some time in the future. Good luck with the Sport!
  7. L

Rust on exhaust, etc.

If you're overly concerned about it, which is totally understandable.. get yourself a can of this and go to town. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4026-winzer-tekwax-rust-proofing-spray.aspx
  8. L

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Let me know what they say!
  9. L

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I heard a similar type of rattle/vibration for the first time coming from the same area today driving on the highway in windier than normal conditions. The sound seemed to occur driving into the wind or during strong gusts.
  10. L

Mileage on Delivery?

Thanks for the info Nick. That sounds familiar now. It's funny how folks like yourself know more than dealerships when it comes to these common problems.
  11. L

Mileage on Delivery?

Early as in 2003? Mine was a 2006 which received the 'rev-up' refined motor that was supposed to be free of those early model issues. IIRC the issue was with the valve guides?
  12. L

Mileage on Delivery?

Forgot to mention, I bought a 350Z years ago brand new. The car was driven from a dealer 100 miles away to the dealer I purchased it from. A few thousand miles later.. all the motor did was consume oil. I brought it to the attention of the dealer, and they asked if I knew how to drive stick...
  13. L

Mileage on Delivery?

I bet 182RG thinks you watch too much TV also. :wtf: :confused:
  14. L

Mileage on Delivery?

Do you think over your post before you hit the submit button? And no, they put the paper and plastic on the floor and seat.. that's just fine. :D Trust me, you'd be appalled at some of the stuff that service techs, valets, delivery drivers etc etc do to BRAND new cars on dealer lots with less...
  15. L

Mileage on Delivery?

Hahah.. precisely. Thank you for the late morning laugh :D
  16. L

Mileage on Delivery?

So you're cool with spending $30/40k on a vehicle that someone else could have romped on and tortured before you received it? I'm not. Dunno bout you, but I'd rather not have someone else possibly cause me problems later down the road with my new vehicle because they felt the need to joy ride...
  17. L

Mileage on Delivery?

2 miles when it got off the truck, 9 miles when I picked it up.
  18. L

Drivetrain clunk at low speed/RPM

Interesting.. it rarely happens for you? Seems like almost every time I am in lower gears and let off the gas it clunks.
  19. L

2100, but has been happening since day 1. As soon as I get some free time and my Subaru road worthy again, the dealer will be taking the Explorer in :)
  20. L

Anybody? I've noticed the clunk occurs more when letting off the gas pedal in first gear rather than when getting back on to the gas pedal after braking quickly. So it's happening more on deceleration....
  21. L

2013 Sport modifications/Accessories?

You may want to start here, plenty of information: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
  22. L

B pillar overhead rattle

Hmm.. kinda sounds like what's going on in my Sport
  23. L

new JLT Oil Separator

Catch cans are legit.. looks like a nice product and a sooner than later investment for myself.
Back