Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. daChurchPcGuy

Interchangable parts for 2001 sport trac

Body parts, no, interior parts maybe. I have a long console from a Gen 2 Explorer in my 2005 Sport Trac with custom audio mods. It looks stock. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/gen-2-explorer-console-with-custom-audio.411890
  2. daChurchPcGuy

Gen 2 Explorer console with custom audio

Yes Dom, yours was one of many articled I read. I also have the shop manual set for the ST and found the wiring diagram for the Gen2 Explorer. You can never have too many power outlets, I'd put two back there if you carry passengers on trips. Every power port in my truck got used on my last...
  3. daChurchPcGuy

Here's a picture of the bracket from the Explorer, like I said, it's nothing like the ST bracket.
  4. daChurchPcGuy

I just got back from a nearly 600 mile round trip with the new console installed ... it worked exactly as planned. Even without a rear bracket it was firmly placed int the truck. The extra screws I installed did the trick quite nicely. Even though the fan is weak my daughter complained that...
  5. daChurchPcGuy

The rear Explorer bracket was riveted in and it looks totally different than the ST long console bracket. I brought a drill with a few bits into the boneyard. The one bolt took twice as long to remove than all the rest of the console. I did it by feel with a long open end wrench. I kept my...
  6. daChurchPcGuy

Here's the new rear panel with connections outlined. The USB and Aux ports connect to the rear of my new head unit via custom cables I made. The USB cable is a re-purposed connector from and add-on external slot connector. The AUX connection is a socket from Radio shack connected to high...
  7. daChurchPcGuy

Views of the installed console with the reupholstered lid
  8. daChurchPcGuy

Since the rear Explorer mount doesn't work in the ST I added some self tapping screws where it bolted into the Explorer. The result is a stable, secure console.
  9. daChurchPcGuy

Are you kidding me!

Finally, after three months I got a replacement cluster that works the first week of July. I ran it for two weeks without issue so I had the odometer set. It's used and the dealer paid for it all. I still have the old one so if this one fails I have a core to send and avoid a $500 core charge...
  10. daChurchPcGuy

I usually have two teenagers in the back so power points are CRITICAL! No more "Dad, can I plug in the front, my phone/ipod is almost dead?" No more pictures yet, but a few more details: I used the connector from the old cigarette lighter to power the right side power point. I'll run it...
  11. daChurchPcGuy

I've got a daughter that loves her music and the stock radio in my 2005 ST has no inputs, so ... First task was to find a head unit with Bluetooth, rear USB and AUX input. This way I can route the USB and AUX to the rear of my long console. (The one I didn't have.) After a bunch of searching...
  12. daChurchPcGuy

seats

If you're going to replace the seats why not switch to leather, that's what I'm doing. I have a set of tan leathers from a 2001 Mountaineer that is scheduled to go into my 2005.
  13. daChurchPcGuy

Hey, that's a nice rack!

I needed some way to secure a kayak to the roof of my ST so I searched the forum and I was about to order a set of crossbars from an ebay seller when I ran into a CargoLoc set at a local place called "Ocean State Joblots" for $39.99. The real kicker is they're on sale for $29.99 until Wednesday...
  14. daChurchPcGuy

Guess what I did!

I haven't had great luck with Krylon Fusion paint or even Rustoleum's paint for plastic. It looks great until it starts coming off. The better choice is to use Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter and then paint.
  15. daChurchPcGuy

What is the most you have loaded in the bed of your trac?

Well, my load wasn't all that heavy but it did surprise me that I fit it all in. There's a Wheel Horse rider, grass catcher for it, my loading ramps, and the OEM hard tonneau cover.
  16. Full Cargo Box

Full Cargo Box

17. daChurchPcGuy

What is the most you have loaded in the bed of your trac?

My bad, I mis-read the post, I thought he had TWO 250 gallon tanks in the truck.
  18. daChurchPcGuy

Are you kidding me!

Well, all is NOT well, the gauges failed after nine miles. They removed the cluster at the behest of the rebuild shop. Their thought it might be the wiring harness ... it's not. It's the right hand connection on the cluster for the harness. The rebuild shop doesn't fix that so, it's new...
  19. daChurchPcGuy

Are you kidding me!

Actually CT, where I purchased the truck, does have buyer protection but only for vehicles under 6 years old. I finally got the truck back last night and all is well.:D
  20. daChurchPcGuy

Are you kidding me!

I thought about that but this is a known issue with the 2005 cluster. I'd rather wait for it to be repaired than get another that might have the same issue. Besides, it's the best one I could find around here, in my price range, and all the other issues were repaired when I purchased it.
  21. daChurchPcGuy

01-06 sport trac bed cover wanted

Typical for CL, make sure you put your phone number in your email so he knows you're a human, not a scam program.
  22. daChurchPcGuy

01-06 sport trac bed cover wanted

According to Searchtempest, a craigslist search engine, there's one in Kansas City for $100 Search Results
  23. daChurchPcGuy

Are you kidding me!

Well they got the cluster back last week and the cluster was still broken. It worked if they pressed a spot on the back, but failed otherwise. They sent it back. I've owned the truck for a month and a half and driven it for five days. I've already made a payment on the loan, I'm just a tad...
  24. daChurchPcGuy

Tach works off and on

If you pull your cluster to re-solder the tach connections you might as well re-solder them all. It's either a design issue or maybe our gauges were made on a Friday.
Back