Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer

This was an exhaust smell. I don't recall ever smelling rotten eggs.
  2. B

Besides my previous Explorer, I've never had a vehicle emit a burnt smell in the cabin upon a hard acceleration. I don't think this is normal. The fumes may still be there outside the vehicle, which is fine. If performing the recall stopped those fumes from entering the cabin I'm glad I did it.
  3. B

Anyone upgraded their stock speakers

Hmm, maybe I'm just mistaken. The low end sound however is definitely drastically different between my 2014 and my new 2017. I'll be going the powered sub route. Thanks for the info.
  4. B

Yeah, I'm looking into some powered subs now. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought my 2014 had a separate section for "subwoofer" in the audio controls. In my 2017 however, there is only the usual treble, bass, etc. That's why I thought maybe they had removed it. Both vehicles had the Sony...
  5. B

Had the TSB performed on my new 2017 Explorer Limited and the issue appears to be resolved. Ran it wide open leaving the Ford parking lot. My work order says the following: "CUST STATES NOTICES EXHAUSE FUMES INSIDE VEHICLE ON HARD ACCELERATIONS, VERIFIED CONCERN, PERFORMED RECALL 17NO3B...
  6. B

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Had the TSB performed on my new 2017 Explorer Limited and the issue appears to be resolved. Ran it wide open leaving the Ford parking lot. My work order says the following: "CUST STATES NOTICES EXHAUSE FUMES INSIDE VEHICLE ON HARD ACCELERATIONS, VERIFIED CONCERN, PERFORMED RECALL 17NO3B...
  7. B

Thanks, great information. Am I crazy or did my 2014 Explorer have a subwoofer but my 2017 does not?
  8. B

Going in for the first part of the TSB next week.
  9. B

I also have the 2.3. Only difference is mine is a Limited.
  10. B

My new 2017 has the exhaust problem once you push the RPM's.
  11. B

The 2014 Limited I just traded in had a much more robust sound system than my new 2017. So much so that I'm thinking about upgrading all the stock speakers. Has anyone done this? Would changing out the speakers void my warranty?
  12. B

I'm going in two weeks to have the first part of the TSB (bumper seal) done. My expectations are low. My rep said he believes this was fixed in the 2018 models. Being that I just purchased my 2017 this weekend, is there any use in pushing for a 2018 given the one they sold me has this issue?
  13. B

Got my 2017 this weekend, yep, exhaust issue still there. Actually pointed it out to them during the test drive. Have an appt with them today to discuss.
  14. B

I'll definitely be bringing the exhaust issue up and won't accept it unless they can prove it has been fixed.
  15. B

Yeah I understand them wanting to sell me a new vehicle while getting mine back in good quality, but what caught my attention was their insistence that they could do all this without it costing me a dollar or raising my current monthly note.
  16. B

I bought my 2014 Explorer brand new from the dealership a few years ago and I have the exhaust issue, but your post got me thinking. My wife was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. To date, doctors can't determine what causes MS but the current thinking is that environmental factors...
  17. B

Oil Change interval

Thanks Peter.
  18. B

Oil Change interval

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I had already read my owners manual which only mentioned regular change intervals unless I missed something about break-in periods. I had also skimmed through that 17 page thread, but there are so many pages going back to 2011 with so much conflicting info its hard to make...
  19. B

Oil Change interval

2014 Explorer Limited - First Oil Change I wasn't given any guidelines from the dealership regarding the first oil change. I've got about 2000 miles on my new Explorer and have been thinking about getting my first oil change now and going full synthetic, then regular changes at 7500 mile...
  20. B

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Ok, so I just got back from the dealership. The service guy new what I was going to describe before I even explained the issue. He said it is normal to hear some faint grinding/squealing first thing in the morning as the condensation builds on the brakes. Once you touch them a couple of times...
  21. B

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Crystal, I am also having this issue. I have a brand new 2014 Explorer Limited with 1000 miles on it. When I go to leave for work every morning, as I'm backing out of the driveway when I touch the brakes they grind. It goes away once my speed increases and I touch the brakes and I don't hear...
Back