Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Resonator Removal on Sport

Maybe that is why they incorporated an X-Pipe into the design to even out the gas pulses and assist with back pressure? It's not their first barbeque so I trust them. They work on all models and makes and put in the research. Like I said it sounds fine and I very pleased with the performance...
  2. B

Resonator Removal on Sport

Local custom muffler shop replaced my resonator with a 2.5" straight pipes and X pipe. I have no drone what so ever. It actually sounds the same as stock. They also cut of my 3' tips and replaced them 4" stainless tips that have a factory look. I was hoping for a deeper throatier sounds and...
  3. B

Member Interested in Mods / Ideas

Yo bburzycki, I am seriously considering purchasing a 2017 Sport. Not sure if you have purchased an X-Sport yet but i would be willing to sell it. Hit me up on PM. I have added the basic performance mods and absolutely love it. LMS is the way to go to satisfy you need for speed and more...
  4. B

Lowering the Explorer

Darren, So you traded your 14' for a 17' and they are doing a spring swap for you? I agree with Peter and sounds like a great dealership. That's how you keep your customers coming back and buying Fords. Are you swaping any other parts? What made you decide to get a 2017? I am actually...
  5. B

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

I am very interested in this mod. I love the way the Range Rover Sport looks without a roof rack. I never see anyone using there XS roof rack or with cross bars installed. To bad Ford didn't make them all slick tops and make us purchase the entire assembly if we wanted a rack. The Sport should...
  6. B

Running an OCC (Oil Catch Can) on the 3.5L Ecoboost

In my opinion I wouldn't bother installing one. I had one on my truck and it didn't work as well as I thought and at one point it began leaking due to a bad connection from one of the quick connect clamps. I removed it and threw it away. Waste of time and money. Others my have or had better...
  7. B

Lowering the Explorer

I have had my H&R Springs on for 2 years now and have experencied zero problems. It has been to the dealership once for a key fob issue and they asked if i had changed the springs. The mechanic comented on my truck and said I wish they came this way from the factory!
  8. B

How to: Explorer Sport EB convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

I only did the front hose and eventually got tired of hearing it go off too often. I put my hose back on and used aftermarket clamps to secure it. The sound gets old after awhile in my opinion.
  9. B

2016 Sport misfire issues after mods installed

I think you should return your truck to 100% stock and trade it in on a new one with a different color. Tell the dealer you or your wife doesn't like the color? You may loose some money by but you have so many thousands in parts and it sounds like you like XSport and you still want to add mods...
  10. B

Aftermarket wheels

Your truck looks amazing with those wheels and tires and the stance is killer with the drop. How is the ride and does it rub? The one thing a hate about these Explorers is the rear fender thickness. Which tire company did you go with? Who did you purchase the wheels from? I am probably just...
  11. B

For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport

X Pipe For those considering the X-Pipe and resonator removal on your stock exhaust do not worry about drone or the tone being too loud. It didn't really change the exhaust note much at all. I think the key is in changing the mufflers to a straight through design. I would like to get the...
  12. B

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

M Design CAI More pictures please! I would like to see a wide angle shot to more of the filter.
  13. B

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

Wide Tires stock rims I am still searching for the perfect 20 x 10 rim for our vehicles. I plan on keeping with the stock Sport rims for now and when I need new tires I believe I will go with [265/50R20 Pirelli Verde plus tire. I purchased custom spacers and they are currently off of my truck...
  14. B

My blacked out Explorer

Blacked out Looks really good brother. I am considering doing a mat black vinyl hood decal also. Are you happy with the results? It really looks like a Sport and besides the Turbos are over rated...JK!
  15. B

RX Performance catch can for Explorer Sport

UPR Catch Can 2014 Ford Explorer Sport UPR Catch Can 2014 Ford Explorer Sport This install took approximately 15 minutes! I am hoping the hoses are connected to the correct places. I plan to inspect the contents of the catch can after 2,000 miles and at which time I will report back with...
  16. B

UPR Catch Can 2014 Ford Explorer Sport UPR Catch Can 2014 Ford Explorer Sport Install
  17. B

UPR Catch can The kit did not come with any instructions or installed photographs with the engine cover removed so I going attempt this install after I receive confirmation from EcoPowerParts on which hoses connect where. The kit appears to be very well constructed with all quick connect...
  18. B

Catch Can I ordered mine last week and I am still waiting for it to arrive. I plan to post photos of the install and I will let you know how it goes.
  19. B

Ford Mod Center (TDM) at CAP

Rear interior cross brace Nice photos, thanks for sharing that with the forum. Do the EXSPORT come with that X-BRace or is that installed after the fact on the Interceptor?
  20. B

Caliper Covers for Sport

Painted rotors That looks so much better painted. I plan on doing the same to my brakes. That rusted metal looks horrible in your before and after photos. Nice job! it appears that brushing them vs. spray painting holds up better??? I still need to remove my wheels and give them a good...
  21. B

Livernois Tune

3 bar 93 octane tune How much horse power and torque are you guys getting with the Livernois 3bar 93 Octane tune over the standard 93 Octane performance tune. Is it more of a seat of the pants feel or is it considerable power gains? Has anyone completed any before and after quarter mile times...
  22. B

Caliper Covers for Sport

Mgp I received the correct covers and the installation was quick and easy. Didn't want to draw attention to them so I went with black and the "SPORT" logo. I am not one for the fake look either but it looks so much cleaner than that ugly factory caliper. Too bad these trucks didn't come with...
  23. B

Wheel Spacers

Springs and Spacers Thanks brother. Drop it, space it and tune that ECOBEAST :bsnicker::burnout:
  24. B

Wheel Spacers

Wheel spacers on factory rims Not sure if these photos help with showing how far the spacers push the wheels out. I used 1'' Bora spacers in the rear and .75" in the front. I am using my factory lug nuts. The kit comes with everything you need. The only thing I did was smear a little...
  25. B

New Tint, LED conversion

Headlight and fog light conversion Secondlook, Your lights look extremely bright. Have you gotten in complaints from on coming traffic, ie. "flashing at you". I would like to do the same mod however I hate when I see someone with after market headlights and fog lights that are so bright that...
Back