Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

175,000 on mine. I have several vehicles.
  2. D

Anyone still driving 2nd gens?

What he said......
  3. D

96 Explorer 5.0-----What he said....
  4. D

do i replace a water pump that is not failing

Mine started leaking at 150,000,... I just replaced it. At 205,000, I would not hesitate, if I were you.
  5. D

Same here. 96 5.0, just installed New Water Pump, nothing else. Good to go. 302 still "Humming".
  6. D

Exhaust flange broken behind the cat

Get a 2.25 Split Flange. That will work. May have to get longer bolts. my friend used spacers and two bolts.
  7. D

1996 Explorer Alarm

Lately, whenever it rains, my alarm starts goes off, once or twice. Had to leave it unlocked last night, just to be sure.Thinking of changing Keyless Entry Remote Battery,Hope that helps. Any help???
  8. P012715_1126

P012715_1126

9. D

Driver side power door lock switch inop

Good stuff .. Good stuff man. My mechanic followed your directions.He went straight to the door boot,found three broken wires and smiled. All is well now.
  10. D

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Taking a chance. In my search for Explorer Front Wheel Assembly, Ebay was the first to jump up. Detroit Axle and several others were there. Just not too sure. I love Ebay,and never had any problems with their auto parts sellers. I love Rock Auto, and they too, had several . Some low-end,and...
  11. D

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Front Wheel Bearings Greetings all. My mechanic told me I need passenger side wheel bearings,but I am confused: I assume,I have to buy the whole hub assembly,but I see so many online from 40 up to 170 dollars. I know we get what we pay for,but since my explorer is my second vehicle, I only...
  12. D

Wow 96 Explorer.Mileage is 92,630. Just can't get rid of that "pesky" ABS Light.
  13. D

Wow We both got lucky. Bought mine from a friend of a friend in Mar of this year. Truck has aftermarket wheels and tires,worth over $1,000,and only 91,000 miles when I bought it. Paid 2,000,and already got several offers for more,if I choose.:salute:
  14. D

Front-end knocking

Passenger side Knocking... After local service dude bled my brakes this morning, i went down the road,and at about 30 mph. this "knocking" noise from passenger side started. Went back to station, and they put it on the ramp, and decided it was probably a bad bearing in front dif??? Any...
  15. D

How many miles Bought mine (96 )from a friend of a friend. Sat for about 2 years or so. 91,000 when I bought it. True story.:salute:
  16. D

Strange Light issues

Yeah, perhaps you're right. Anyway, it hasn't happened since.:salute:
  17. D

Strange Light issues

Not the full headlight system.just the parking lights. I am not sure about the daytime running lights,but I think it is just auto headlights. Like I said, it has not happened since that one time????
  18. D

Strange Light issues

Gentlemen, I have a strange problem. The other night my neighbor knocked on my door,and when I opened it, he pointed to my 96 Explorer. THE PARK LIGHTS WERE ON! Strange. I went to the truck,got in,the light switch was off! Started the truck, turned on the lights, turned them off, cut the...
  19. D

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

Iac No vacumn leaks found.Got annoyed cleaning IAC, just got a new one. Truck idles beautifully. Thanks for all the help guys.:exp:
  20. D

To be honest, never owned a Ford before myself; never wanted to. Friend had this Explorer sitting for about 2 years, trying to sell for his brother. When I saw the miles (90,000) I laughed,but he said its real. Did a Car Fax,and I'll be damned, it was!. Already been offered more than I paid for...
  21. D

Yeah, I will do that as soon as I can. Never had anything like that happen before. Scared the Living Daylights out of me. Thanks for the info.
  22. D

Ha guys, my 96 5.0 Explorer, revved up at a stop sign after applying the brakes! Had to throw it neutral fast to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The day before this happened, I noticed my idle was high (2500-3000) after starting? Cleaned IAC yesterday, same problem today. Any ideas?
Back