Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Just got home from buying a 99 explorer have question

I did mine just had to zip off a little on the radio bezel now getting ready to install a backup camera
  2. C

After looking at crutchfeild I need a 6.2 to replace the mach audio system. thanks for letting me know about crutchfeild.
  3. C

This is my stock radio is this not a double din I know it is not a single
  4. C

As The titles stated I just bought a 99 explorer want to put a new radio in it I Want to have bluetooth in it would it need 6.2" , 6.5", or 7" right now it has a YU3F-18C868-AA cd/cassette
  5. C

1998 Explorer Eddie Bauer

I have a 1998 explorer with auto 4x4 if I pull the fuse will it just be a 2 wheel drive vehicle. I noticed sounds from the front when I switch to 4x4 or if it slips and kicks in itself so was going to pull the fuse till I can get it fixed. I am thinking 2wd is rear wheels
  6. C

1993 explorer double din project

Not yet this project got put on the side for a bit... still looks like last pic I added I have to wait till beginning of the month to buy some fiberglass cloth and matt and risen to finish it off. then I will take it all apart and show step by step what I did
  7. C

My 93 Explorer

only rust was under back door where the running board is on drivers side I got a piece of metal in running board bolted to backside of it then welded in a few places holding it up
  8. C

Crazy Question

the tires on the Bonneville were 205/65/15 regular is 235/75/15 what I did is take two new tires of the Bonneville and place them on the front so smaller on front and bigger on back just taking it easy with it till 3rd of next month then buying all new 235/75/15 for it
  9. C

Crazy Question

It fits over the rear fine right around the lip..... but I went another way removed the tires and mounted them to my explorer rims using my manual tire changer but now my back is sore...lol.
  10. C

My 93 Explorer

This is my explorer not the prettiest but for the price I paid $0.00 (given to me) because the lady was sick of it. no windows work , they try but have to help them all up and down and no exhaust from cat back and she was out of work and could not fix it so gave it to me free runs and drives great
  11. C

Crazy Question

I have a 93 explorer I had a tire go bad not flat but tread separated from tire surprised it is not flat anyway I have a 95 pontiac bonneville same bolt pattern but the center cap will not fit though center hole (4X4) will it hurt to put it on the outside of rim for a bit it sits flush against...
  12. C

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

You said you had a extra one you didn't mention it was used :D
  13. C

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Today I ran new speaker wiring to my back doors and using a plastic straw from a hospital cup made it real easy to get though the boot into the door. Gonna do front tomorrow
  14. C

1994 will start then idle down and die after 5-10 seconds

I would look more towards a vacuum leak specially in the plastic/nylon lines not saying it is not something else but start with the easiest first real easy to check lines.
  15. C

Problems Installing New Stereo

The blue/white wire is the power control wire it connects to the remote terminal of a amp if you are not running a amp the wire needs to be taped off and not hooked to nothing. If you got no sound it has nothing to do with that wire. now that being said where did you get the harness for the...
  16. C

must of been messed up.. mine goes so dim I can barley see it
  17. C

I have Kenwood DDX719 with 2 Rockford P2 10' subs in a ported box a 600w 2 channel Rockford amp and a Rockford capacitor that is all getting hooked up
  18. C

Here is my progress I have a piece of cardboard on top I ordered a piece of black plastic plus I needed the sleeve and trim ring so ordered them to. When they arrive I will take everything apart and make a video of what all I did and what tools I found best to make the install. I will be...
  19. C

The units plays dvd, backup camera , bluetooth installed , has two extra audio/video hook ups where which my bud had a old school playstaion hooked up , can use gps with a iphone/ipod
  20. C

Double din install on a '94 explorer

I like the other guys better
  21. C

First Generation Explorer Double DIN conversion

I have to ask what is the syringe and needles for ??
  22. C

Well in my case I have a cheap dual (walmart radio) and someone I know got a new radio so we took this one out and he gave it to me which is 100% better then what I had
  23. C

I am getting ready to set my explorer up to accept a kenwood ddx719 double din unit I will be adding pics as I go along the first pic I am adding is just my plan so far I am gonna cut out the area in the black box when i am done with the cut I will add the pic of it. taking top part off...
  24. C

Brakes clicking sound in the back

I went and looked I took off the drivers side tail light there is no wires spliced in, the wiring goes though a hole behind the tail light into the spot where the jack goes hooked to a connector the other end goes behind the bumper and has a 4 plug connector for the trailer on it. And cruise...
  25. C

Brakes clicking sound in the back

I have a 1993 ford explorer (4.0L MFI 6cyl) when I hit the brakes I hear a clicking sound coming from the back same as you hear when turn signals are on. I do know I need to replace the negative battery cable due to corrosion and gonna replace positive too just to be safe. the 4x4 does...
Back