Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2014 Explorer Sport 3.5T DTC Misfire Codes

2014 Explorer Sport 3.5T DTC P0171, P0302, P0420 and P2096. Any ideas or help is appreciated.
  2. R

Active Ford Service Rep?

Maybe Ford cares or doesn't care. We could be back in the 60's when the Big 3 thought that they knew ALL. And, customers had to take what they thought was best. Now we have Honda, Toyota and Datsun leading the way. I live centered between 5 dealerships. I have taken my 2014 Explorer Sport to...
  3. R

Explorer Code P0016

Did you drop the engine or access the timing chain from above?
  4. R

Factory Remote Start doesnt work in Cold weather (below 40F)

I used to experience a similar thing with my 14 Sport. However, it was operator error. Now, I push the buttons slowly with a slight pause. Sometimes, I have to press start 3 times before it starts. But I make sure that each press of the button is deliberate and singular.
  5. R

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

2014 Sport: My commute is 44 miles each way. Half of which is on I-95 in the DC suburbs, meaning bumper to bumper stupidity for those not familiar with DC traffic. I still average about 20 mpg and therefore 360 miles per tank. My other car is a Lincoln LS (V8), 19-20 mpg commute. I much prefer...
  6. R

Driver Seat and Foot Well Complaints

I am very happy with the seats. We've made 2 trips from DC to Miami without complaints. But, I have experienced some left knee issues as well as foot and ankle discomfort while driving. However, I have adjusted the seat, pedal and steering wheel to find comfortable positions for the drive...
  7. R

Auto unlock doors in Park

Are people really that lazy that they cannot push the unlock button? I remember what life was like before power door locks. Come people, exercise those fingers!
  8. R

Sport Oil questions & Analysis

There may be a lot of differing opinions. But in the mist of all these replies is knowledge. This community serves to help disseminate and enhance our knowledge base. Thank you to all who have replied!
  9. R

Sport Oil questions & Analysis

Which is the Best Motor Oil I am getting ready to change the oil in my 2014 Sport. Does anyone have good advice for what motor oil to use? Other than simply Full Synthetic 5w-30. I used to use Amsoil in all my vehicles. It's great. But other companies must have perfected the art of producing...
  10. R

Eco Boost vs V6 for towing

The only answer to your question is "YES" or "ABSOLUTELY". More HP and TQ available at lower rpms. What you tow is always, ANOTHER ISSUE!
  11. R

Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself?

And I thought I was alone! I keep setting it to RED. It will stay that way for a few days and then go back to BLUE. Very annoying!
  12. R

Cat Replacement

It's my brother's 2002 Sport Trac. His engine had to be replaced. It was replaced by the local Ford dealer. And, afterwards they told him his cats were bad. His fuel mileage is down and the check engine light keeps coming on. My 1st advice was get a free estimate (2nd opinion) from Midas. He...
  13. R

Optional items on new Explorer

The tow package includes the frame mounted class III hitch receiver, oil cooler and 7/4 pin wiring harness. It's well worth the little added cost. I bought my 2014 Sport for towing the boat around.
  14. R

Cat Replacement

2002 Sport Trac: I was told by the dealer (service) that I need new cats. Any suggestions on where to buy new ones and how difficult it is to replace them myself?
Back