Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2018 Explorer SPORT tune and exhaust?

Too bad no one is doing anything on the exhaust quad tip yet. Magnaflow said mid-may would be out, now they even removed the part number from their website! go figure. I will definitely advise how it sounds when I get my hands on one. Now, a question for you: What do you mean about a "turbo back...
  2. B

Pretty much for the sound only. With a 93oct performance tune I got fro livernois, I feel that the car has enough power now, without compromising any other aspect. Hoping that a axle back comes out soon! Magnaflow is taking a bit of time!
  3. B

For those with a 2018 Explorer Sport. Magnaflow is putting out the very first quad tips for our car. It is supposed to be a nice axle-back system, with a moderate sound according g yo technician I spoken to. Just got an email from them that they are now building it.Soon it Will be available...
  4. B

Anyone find a dual tip exhaust for the 2018 Sport yet? Thanks
  5. B

Muffler Needed

Hello all, I need information on the OEM muffler on the 2018 Ford Explorer Sport, now it has a split dual tips on the rear (quad tip) and I want to put an aggressive sound muffler in it (Flowmaster Super 44?), but I need to know the dimensions of the inlet and outlet on the 2018. Also anyone in...
  6. B

Exhaust sizes?

Hello all, I need information on the new muffler for the 2018 Ford Explorer Sport, now it has a split dual tips on the rear (quad tip) and I want to put an aggressive sound muffler in it (Flowmaster Super 44?), but I need to know the dimensions of the inlet and outlet on the 2018. Also anyone...
  7. B

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

Hello there, It would not be easy for me to provide torque numbers as I am not that technical, but yes, the car is very different to what it was before the tuning. Also I noticed a lag and delay on the gear changing and acceleration while stock, it was like it hesitated once you stepped on the...
  8. B

Exhaust Options for the Sport

Can someone help with information on how to just add a MUFFLER (Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc) to the new 2018? Those dual tips on the back may be an issue. Can someone help please. I am tuned and very happy, just want to increase the sound on my 2018 Sport. Thanks, LCL
  9. B

Here is the impression on my first 200 miles in the 2018 Sport, 93 OCT performance tune from Livernois: The car has a considerable increase in torque, the shifts are faster than before (not so much lag), the car even sounds a bit different, more aggressive and the top speed and RPM is now...
  10. B

Yes sir, they did mine, got the tuner and provided them the Strategy Code of my car and ID (as per Livernois instructions). 24 ours later I received the tuning files and VOILA. DONE DEAL. Great stuff. I just need a muffler now. Please help if you already know mufflers for the 2018 Sport. Cheers LCL
  11. B

Post Your White Explorers!

This is the mighty 2018 Sport with a CAI from AirAid and a 93 Oct tune from Livernois. Awesome beast. Cheers.
  12. B

Dear Peter, they already have them for: 87, 89, 93 and 93 Towing. Just received mine. Awesome.
  13. B

Yes, Just received mine for the 2018 Explorer Sport. Also added a AIRAID CAI, the only missing MOD now is an exhaust, no one is making it yet. Livernois is amazing, and when you buy, mentioned the Forum and you receive a 35 Dollars discount. Very happy with it, plus their customer service is...
  14. B

Thanks Peter, Just did that. Appreciated it. Safe driving. LCL
  15. B

Hello everyone out there, I am the owner of a 2018 Explorer Sport and it seems to be quite different coding on the ECU, even though the engine is the same ecoboost. I wonder if someone could advise if a TUNE comes out for the 2018 and where I can get it. Thank you in advance LCL
  16. B

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I have DYNO 3 fords before with CAI only and then CAI + axle-back exhaust (FORD MUSTANG 5.0 and a 2014 Shelby GT 550) Here is what I learned: 1- CAI only, increase in air intake noise and no mileage gain, but 7HP gain on the Coyote engine and the same for the Shelby. 2- CAI and axle-back from...
  17. B

Thank you again, The 2018 has a muffler with dual tips now, no longer single. Just found out there is no axle-back, mufflers or system yet for the 2018 as it is a quad exhaust exit on the rear. Also there is no tune for the 2018 either. I guess I will have to wait. All the best Regards, LCL
  18. B

Thank you, As I suspected, no of the posts you mentioned cover the 2018 Explorer Sport yet. I updated my profile as well, however it says I am not authorized to add a profile picture.
  19. B

Not sure, but I called k&N and they told me it is not compatible and not the same .
  20. B

Anyone making a AXLE BACK 4 tips and a tune for the 2018 yet? I just installed a AIRAID CAI, Fantastic... But tunning and exhaust needed. Please post any news. Thank you LcL
  21. B

Should I buy an Explorer Sport?

Agreed that there is no comparison between the two, regardless of the price issue, but I will say I got out of a Macan now and a Cayenne a couple of years ago, and just purchased a 2018 Sport...night and day in terms of Explorer being able to drive in beach sand and absolutely no comparison in...
  22. B

K&N is not compatible yet, however AIRAID is making a CAI for the 2018, I just purchased and installed without issues. I got from realtruck.com Model number AIR-400-260 - Performance Air Intake System. THANKS LcL
  23. B

Major concern/issue with 2014 ford explorer sport

I heard that SOME Ecoboost engines out there (2014) did not have the intercooler plate redesigned and these are the ones having the issues! WEIRD! That is also a know issue, or maybe just a safety feature, which when the computer senses that both the accelerator and break has been touched at...
  24. B

Major concern/issue with 2014 ford explorer sport

Hey guys, this is a very well know issue with all ECOBOOST vehicles that came out since 2012. Even the Rnage Rover EVOQUE had the exact same problem, and it was fixed in all Ford F-150 Ecoboost and Range Rovers in 2013. The problem was a sensor in the inter cooler, that sensed water...
Back