Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Water Leak

I would have paid 200 just to have had mine fixed right the first time. 9 trips to dealer and over 20 days in shop. Hope they got yours right. I am waiting on a good rain to check mine.
  2. T

Water Leak

Broken strut has the dealer jacked up the rear end only ?? The water hose will not flow enough water to simulate a rain shower. The rear rain canal would handle the hose without leaking but with the rear end up it filled the canal up and leaked. This simulated a higher amount of water in the...
  3. T

Water Leak

But now it is a Dealer induced problem and ford will tell you they can not help. It is between you and the dealer. Good luck.
  4. T

Water Leak

It is pretty bad when to buy American you have to settle for poor work man ship (Ford) or poor engineering (G.M.). Then you get to fight the stealer ships to fix the problems and if their shop screws it up ford claims (dealer induced problem). Ford claims they can not help you. I am at the point...
  5. T

Water Leak

Crystal I have talked to the lot boy, service writer, service manager, sales manager, and the General Manager. Ford care has many phone calls on file. The BBB has now also started a file. They all talk a game and say they will fix it. But talk is cheap and their work is worth even less ...
  6. T

Water Leak

Two other dealers will not touch it. When they look at it they say it was dealer induced and they aren't going to get stuck with the mess. Filed complaint with BBB also may have to file criminal damage charges against the half $$$ grease monkey and dealer. Ford is done with this issue as it is...
  7. T

Water Leak

Crystal Had the Explorer back to town and country ford in Louisville, Kentucky today. I left it for them to complete the work on it from the water leak. This was a low speed rattle, 3 rd row ppanels loose and carpet hanging loose. I drop it off at 0800 and was told they would call when it...
  8. T

Water Leak

They have the parts. I got a bill for 260.00 for the parts !!!! Service department can not get to the repair on till wed. They left the trim lose, carpet hanging and grease monkey broke the trim panel. Per the service writer he did not report breaking it but they said he had to do it removing...
  9. T

Water Leak

They seam to have the leak fixed. But have I have had it back to dealer three times about the rattle. This started the day they fixed the leak. Just about ready to put it in their show room. They again say they have to order parts. Other dealer said it is dealer induced and not a ford problem !!!!!
  10. T

Water Leak

They had to jack the rear end of my Explorer up about a foot to get the leak to show. They said the seam by rear hinges about a 1/2" above the bottom of the rain chanel that runs across the roof in front of the tail gate was not sealed properly. A hose would not fill the channel with enough...
  11. T

Water Leak

Dealer thinks they have the leak fixed. Both side seams at the rear hatch. They had to jack the rear end up to get the water in the hatch channel to stand like a heavy rain to get it to leak. Waiting for the next rain to see if it stays dry. Rusted 3 rd row seat parts were replaced.
  12. T

Water Leak

If ford put a part on a new car it has a part number. I also found the part numbers on ebay !!!
  13. T

Water Leak

Called the dealer to get an update on what they are doing to and when I can get my Explorer back. Service stated that the body shop had it. They also stated they did not have the part numbers to replace the rusted seat parts. They have to remove the 3 rd row seats break them down to parts that...
  14. T

Water Leak

Dropped off the Explorer today for the dealer to get photos for Ford. Water in the 3rd row cup holders and rusted 3rd row seat parts. This is the first time I have ever had to take any of my fords back to this dealer for the same thing. Will update on what they find and what they do to resolve...
  15. T

Water Leak

Same feeling here about customer service. Have been called three times and return the Call each time only to go to voice mail. Their message is to have dealer take photos of seat belts and seat so they can evaluate what needs to be done. I did not buy a new explorer to have the third row seats...
  16. T

Water Leak

They had it for a week. It is still leaking and they did not repair the seat belts or third row seating. A friend just called and said that they got a recall notice from ford on roof leak and seat belt repair ??? I must have been to early on my complaints !!! They also own a 2013 limited explorer.
  17. T

Water Leak

Just an update. Called dealer to check on progress. Service desk tells me that they do not know anything about it. Told I have to talk to service manager. Then they hang up !! Called service manager and left message asking him to call me at ### at 1205 hrs and 1410 hrs. No return call. Called...
  18. T

Water Leak

Thanks. I got a hold of the dealers service manager and G.M. I also got a hold of customer care and got a case number. It is just a pain when you have rattle the box to get a repair done. Love the explorer and the stang. Dealer service has been go up till this.
  19. T

Water Leak

I have a 2013 explorer that is also having a 3 rd row water leak. Water running down the seat belts. The dealer has had it for two days and just called me to come and get it. They also said they could not find the leak and they can not fix it ! They saw the water on Monday am and the service...
  20. T

Just to say hi

New to site.
Back