Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

'94 302/4R70W/BW1354 Upgrade

Well since my last post, I haven't been on here too much (if u already haven't noticed), but recent, I got promoted to a new position at my job which requires me to go back to school to get an EE degree. So since last fall semester, I've been attending University of Hawaii at Manoa, as a full...
  2. O

Cleaning Upper and Lower Intake

Wow! I would've thought the same about the oven cleaners. Its a good thing I didn't try it out before I read your post. Hmmm...maybe the safest thing to do is just leave the gunk in there? At least it'll be all intact instead of in a whole bunch of little gunk pieces just waiting to get...
  3. O

was thinking about going this route if there were no other homemade solutions!
  4. O

Does the above method work well enough for the upper intake so that nothing gets sucked back into the engine? I was originally thinking of just blasting as much of the insides as I can with a carb cleaner. But after thinking about it more, I may cause more harm by having an accumilation build...
  5. O

Does anyone know if the valve covers for non-efi 302 broncos that have "Bronco Powered by Ford" will fit with the 1" intake spacer installed? Looking to change out my stock valve covers with something better! The Ford Racing website only have "Cobra", "Ford Racing", and "Mustang".
  6. O

lol, yah I was expecting the roundy holes but when I pulled it out of the box, I saw squarey holes! And you know what, I noticed that the holes were squared on the summit website but I thought it was one of those "picture does not represent actual product" kinda pictures. Are the E3 plugs...
  7. O

1" Heat Spacer Install- 5.0 GT-40 ( Upper Plennum Removal and Replacement)

You ordered the correct one for our intakes (cobra). I learned I had ordered the wrong one after I had already received it. Oh well, lesson learned!
  8. O

Update: intake spacer mishap from summit is on another thread posted below. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2204646#post2204646
  9. O

Mods, You think it might be helpful to add the correct p/n somewhere on the first page? Just as a helpful tool for future people wanting to install this spacer but don't want to read all the threads to page 4. I know posts 5,6 and 7 talks about the bolt lengths and i think around posts 11 & 12...
  10. O

btw, i know i can't be the first to run into this problem, this had to have been mentioned before!
  11. O

ok, gotcha! thanks for the help! hopefully this will help future intake spacer-ers! I wouldn't have known what to order!!! Maybe summit needs to chnage this!
  12. O

so if i wanted to order the upper intake and replace my stock one, the cobra upper intake would be the way to go??? would this be an upgrade to our stock uppers?
  13. O

OK, so tfs....018 is the p/n I need to order. On summit's site, it says its for a cobra, does that mean we have cobra intakes??? why don't the 96 tfs....04 work even though it says for a 96? I called summit and spoke to a rep there, and he didn't know what was going on with the part numbers...
  14. O

So it'll say for a 96 5.0L but its not the same for my 96 5.0L Explorer???
  15. O

Wrong Intake Spacer sent from Summit?? Or Not?? I ordered the 1" intake spacer from summit (p/n: TFS-51520004 )for a 1996 Explorer 5.0L and this showed up at my door. I thought I ordered the wrong one, but when I checked summit's website, they have the same one. WTF???? I need the ones...
  16. O

Looks like I got the wrong intake spacer from summit!! :(Well, I came home today to the wrong intake spacer. What 302 is this for? when I typed up 1996 Explorer 5.0/302 1" intake spacer on summit, this showed up???? part number: TFS-51520004...
  17. O

Ford 9 inch pinion bearing removal

Oh , I forgot to add that the noise is mostly heard when in coast and not drive. Usually more when going down hill versus going uphill. Basically when no load is on the gears
  18. O

Ford 9 inch pinion bearing removal

Does anybody know if I can change out the pinion bearings without having to remove the whole 3rd member and just remove the pinion retainer? I have a sound coming from the 3rd member that sounds like the pinion bearings are rolling around in there. Kinda like the metal scratchy noise of...
  19. O

i was reviewing some of the CPS threads, I may need to research it a little more before I try to tackle it. Don't know very much about engine work so I don't want to screw something up! I'll also look more into the priming of the oil pump and drive procedure. Sounds like it should be...
  20. O

Accidently removed something I shouldn't have??? I am hoping someone will be able to help me and give some insight to my mistake. :( Basically I "accidently" removed the camshaft position sensor and synchronizer assembly (as a whole) while trying to clean around the top front area of the...
  21. O

Trying to remove a broken stud bolt!

Finally got that sucker out!!! Just added some heat, banged on it and used the vise grips to get it out!! Oh and of course a slow approach and some patience! Whew!! Thanks for all the help guys!!
  22. O

5.0 Intake manifold spacer PROBLEM

Any updates? Following this thread since I am doing similar work on my V8 swap. Engine looking nice and clean. You did any work on your engine? What made you paint your block black? I like the look but just wonder if its hard to see leaks. Or maybe thats the point.
  23. O

How much of a pain is it to remove the timing chain cover and remove the stud that way, replace the gasket and button everything back up with a new set of studs and bolts?
  24. O

I agree! I need/want to get that sucker out and replace it. All of them! Been doing that and its wearing the stud down..wondering how tight becomes the point of no return to where there won't be that half inch sticking out anymore. no threads, only stud remaining. The stud broke just...
  25. O

Will this work? Will it be ok without this one bolt? It does have a lot of bolts!
Back