Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

1992 Explorer

I don't drive it a whole lot. It gets garage kept. I did daily drive it this summer.
  2. A

1992 Explorer

Grinding a little wouldn't work. I had to notch it out big time. I never bought a brand new one. Just the one that was already on the explorer.
  3. A

1992 Explorer

eh? You must be talking about the old owner. The james duff crossmember was on there. It still is but it has been modified. I have welded in a notch for driveshaft clearance. At full droop the driveshaft would rub. Also, I broke the swelds on the passenger side where it's welded to the...
  4. A

1992 Explorer

I don't have a digital camera. Those taken that I have up were taken by somebody else. I will try and borrow a camera. What are you worried about?
  5. A

1992 Explorer

A ways. I am not sure. Probably around 8"s in the front, and 5 or so in the rear.
  6. A

1992 Explorer

Yes, it is fullwidth.
  7. A

D44 outers on a D35. I found a better way.

I am just curious as to what's wrong with drilling the knuckles out? I think he could have gotten away with using the TTB 44 spindle personally. That way, just line the center of the spindle up, which is the same size, use a few transfer punches. And you are done. It will work, much easier...
  8. A

93 XLT...8'' Skyjacker

You haven't seen it done much because it's not really worth it. Drop brackets become a problem then there's too much leverage on them. Steering also becomes and issue.
  9. A

93 XLT...8'' Skyjacker

I wasn't saying it couldn't be done. But why? Steering can't be good at a height like that with inverted Y steering.
  10. A

93 XLT...8'' Skyjacker

8'' is a little crazy for TTB. Cut your fenders out a little bit bigger if you want to fit a larger tire. Steering becomes an issue when you get up there in height.
  11. A

1992 Explorer

It cost me quite a bit. I probably have about $2500 into the front. And around $1500 into the rear. That is no including springs. My springs were $225 for the fronts and around $500 for the rears.
  12. A

d44 from bronco?

Well, depends on what you want in the axles. You could do the swap fairly inexpensive. Depends on how well you are at scrounging parts together. Why 18" wheels? You'll need 3.5" EB springs if you use the stock buckets with adequate trimming. You can also get the warrior products shackles...
  13. A

FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more

I can't believe how much they are getting out of these frontends. I'll upgrade a dana 44 before I ever buy a 60 at that price. I paid $350 for my 60 4 years ago. The market is going up.
  14. A

d44 from bronco?

I ran EB axles on my explorer for a year. I loved them. I'd still have them under there if I wouldn't have exploded the frontend due to poor gear install. Low pinion front isn't that bad. Chevy's, jeeps, dodges used them forever. Nothing wrong with using them.
  15. A

That's crappy. Man, you must have lenient lift laws where you live. 19"s of lift and 44's? That wouldn't even come close to being legal up here.
  16. A

That's crappy. You can buy rockwells for $1000 front and rear up here. It's stupid when a dana 60 runs the same price.
  17. A

1992 Explorer

I am doing one in a couple of months. Already have the axles. Just waiting on my transmission to swap in the 5.0L as soon as I can get her IMed one last time.
  18. A

That length sounds about right. Just be careful with steering. With that tall of a lift you really have to worry about bumpsteer and death wobble. What tires are you going to run?
  19. A

Now, I am wondering how you are going to keep your drag link at a decent angle? with 19"s of lift. I wouldn't think it possible. I have crossover right now and am at 10. With another 9, I'd be way out there.
  20. A

1992 Explorer

No problems with APD yet. I do have rear mudflaps. I have plans for flares. But not until the 60 goes under it. I need to see what I'm going to have to trim to get the 38's to fit
  21. A

1992 Explorer

I would love to get more pics. But I didn't take those even. A friend of mine did. I don't have a camera. The 44 and 9" will make it's way into my bronco II, along with the motor, tranny tcase from the explorer. I already have the axles built for this winters swap and my motor.
  22. A

Just curious as to what you are going to do for steering?
  23. A

1992 Explorer

Kind of new to the forum. Signed up a while back but haven't posted much. Explorer specs. mostly stock 4.0, built A4LD, manual 1354, HP44 front, 9" rear. Front has 5.13's, ARB, high steer. Rear is detroited, 5.14's with a currie case, disk brakes with caddi calipers. 4" custom Alcan...
  24. A

Tranny Problem

I found one similar to the one you just told me about. If it is the one you are talking about it was fairly short and the problem was not diagnosed. That does not sound too good for me.
  25. A

Tranny Problem

Okay Chad, I had absolutely no idea what you just typed. Remember, I am slow when it comes to computers.
Back