Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Ranger t-bars/keys on an Explorer

Ride doesn't bother me, my girlfriends ranger rides worse... I was thinking 2wd bars, but finding one is hard enough. And I haven't seen any keys, other than a set of eBay keys, but I've seen 5 inch drop keys for a Ranger, so I wanted to make sure they were the same. I'd imagine reindexing would...
  2. C

balljoints aren't really a problem. I had to crank the driver side up because it was leaning. Cv's might be, but they aren't binding at this point. Is there a a thread to reindexing?
  3. C

They're already flipped... someone said to grind them down, but that seems sketchy. Coming from someone who has no problem cobbling things together. But, how do you reindex them? or is that flipping them? edit- i cut the bumpstops out, so they're no longer an issue.
  4. C

I can't find anything on this, so hopefully you guys can help. I know 98+ Rangers have torsion bars, but i haven't had time to get under my girlfriends to measure. Are Ranger torsion bars the same size as my Explorers? I'm trying to go lower and the only way i can think of are drop keys for a...
  5. C

Road race my 96 xlt

With a key flip you'll want more than a 3 inch block. I'm on a 3.5 with no air in my shocks, and the rear sits higher. Also. shorter end links, I learned the hard way. They'll last a while, then they'll snap. If you're 4wd a set of street coilovers may not fit. I can't find a small enough...
  6. C

Flipped keys..Now what?

That's what i figured, But a shop asked about LCA bolts, i said no. Just uppers. So when i get around to replacing both upper and lower control arms, i'll have them align it. I've been trying to get the Auto-X guys to let me in for an event to see what the limits are, and see how bad of a time i...
  7. C

Flipped keys..Now what?

He said $90 so i wasn't too sure if it was the same keys. Thanks. And i will, but, like i said.. I'm want to go as low as possible, while maintaining usability.. I don't want to go so low i drag the front cross member, or the gas tanks skid plate. But maybe another inch or two. Once i'm done...
  8. C

Flipped keys..Now what?

A link for the drop keys please? As for the rear.. I got a 3.5 inch block in it, cut bump stops, and a pair of air shocks. No bangin' unless i'm careless. I have that 5th shock, but i'm sure it's blown. I got a 'tie bar' off my buddies Talon he couldn't use, i was planning on making it an...
  9. C

Flipped keys..Now what?

So..I got a set of Cobra R's. I decided, my 2-2.5 inch drop wasn't doing it anymore, and we pulled the truck in, flipped the keys, got everything settled..and now i still want it lower. I tried a local shop and they said they couldn't make custom keys.. I'm too broke to afford front end brackets...
  10. C

Misc lowering questions

Awesome, How hard is it to put a '98+ sway bar on the front of my '97? There's plenty of them at my local scrap yard if i can just grab hardware to make it a direct fit. And i was debating those shocks, But i also wanted the air shocks.. I'll have to look into a dual shock mount type of deal at...
  11. C

Misc lowering questions

Thanks! I was trying that, but it seemed to move the bar out, but i can try again. Alright, i'll look into those links. I haven't upgraded any of the bars yet, But EE can't be the only one with a solid front bar upgrade. And aren't the rears hollow too? I was looking at the Hellwig rear bars...
  12. C

Misc lowering questions

Thanks! I've been curious about the end links for a while, I've been trying to get it more planted for awhile. I knew, or knew of the procedure for the key flip, i've been trying to get time to do it. But how would i remove the key? I'd problem end up doing it the safer/quicker way and...
  13. C

Misc lowering questions

So, i've gotten to the point where i'm going all out, and i'll fix whatever i break over the winter. I've gotten the torsion bar off the little catch bar the bolts go into(I can't think of the name right now) The other problem is, the bar doesn't droop at all, How would i remove the torsion key...
  14. C

Coilovers

Thanks guys! Thanks! i wasn't sure if custom mounts were like fitted coilovers for say, a Honda, where you can lower it through moving the mount up, or if they were strictly through spring compression.
  15. C

Coilovers

I can't seem to find anything too recent other than a for sale thread or two from this year. First, can i still get brackets? There's a for sale thread for uppers and lowers(with lca's) but i don't have the cash right now. Second, is it possible to get a set of adjustable coilovers to lower/lift...
  16. C

No power to the rear speakers

I got it all done today. the driver side rear was toast, so i ended up running both rear together. not a huge deal since i run everything in the center anyway.. I'm having an issue with the rears going to half power for some reason.. When i get the time and money i'm just going to run new wires...
  17. C

Which wire colors go to which side? Im going to guess the black striped ones are ground.
  18. C

So, a few months back i installed brand new Rockford speakers in my 97 Explorer, keeping the factory amp, but upgrading to a Pioneer radio, and using a Metra harness. Recently i had to take the carpet out and shove the body of the truck back to center, and i'm not sure when i lost them, but the...
  19. C

Torque App

Well, i was hoping to run everything off my laptop, but maybe i can check everything via my phone. It'll be awhile before i can afford one, but i'll probably get one after i get plugs and an oil change.
  20. C

Leather Seat Replacement/OEM Covers?

Then it probably wouldn't be worth going to Ewe Pullet for a pair of seats. Did you try Lems Auto Salvage?
  21. C

Torque App

The only bad thing about OBDLink is i'll be spending about another $160 for software for ABS(which is no inactive) and trans codes, I'll probably snag it and just use it to monitor fuel and miles per gallon.
  22. C

Leather Seat Replacement/OEM Covers?

How close to South Dakota are you? I was at Nordstroms Ewe Pullet a month or so ago, they have a 2nd gen with tan leather seats, they had some snow on them, but they were in pretty good shape. I'd bring a battery if you want to take the whole seat(s). I don't remember how much per seat, but to...
  23. C

Torque App

Old stock? And they should have from the beginning, I guess if it doesn't work on my Ex, it should work on my dads 05 Stratus. But, it's nice knowing i don't have to run 3 or 4 gauges just to know the basics, or to hook a steamer to the intake, since some of the readers actually have intake...
  24. C

rims

The tires will mount to the Mustang wheels, if you want the rims aswell, you're going to have a problem. Luckily, they make 5-to-6 lug adapters, but they also act as spacers so if they would have sit flush, they will have some poke. And those tires may be a bit big to lower it though.
  25. C

Torque App

I found one working on Amazon that 'should' work on a 99-F250(Powerstroke), as it is OBDII and the product works on every OBDII vehicle. I may be wrong, but many readers say they don't support diesels. I may just get a USB reader, i found one that data logs, reads and clears codes, and has...
Back