Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Part number for front lic plate mount ...

My 98 had this new - F57B-17A385-AAW https://www.ebay.com/itm/373810687917?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338590836&toolid=10044&customid=cc320f965ba5149449c76d2af7cbf64b
  2. D

Do I need sealant on throttle body?

The throttle body uses a gasket only- check them out here https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1998,explorer,4.0l+v6+sohc,1304413,fuel+&+air,throttle+body+gasket,6474
  3. D

1998 Ford Explorer GEM/Instrument Cluster Fuse Blown

So here is what I got for you: Fuse #25, 7.5 amps - 12 volts to GEM, PATS anti theft module and the speedometer. Wire for all of these is W/Y = white with yellow stripe. All these are hot at all times. The speedometer circuit consists of the 12v feed fuse #25. The vehicle speed signal comes...
  4. D

clutch interlock switch

Here is a diagram for the 1999 Explorer start wiring diagram. Might help, It's what I have.
  5. D

99 Power Seat Wiring ID - 4 wire plug to seat

Using a 99 Ford Ex wiring manual: Black - ground wire Black/ white stripe (BK/WH) - 12 volt feed. Left and right power seats and power lumbar. Grey/Yellow stripe (GY/YE) - 12 volt (run) to both heated seats. Light/Blue (LB/WH) - constant 12 volt to both heated seats. These are the only...
  6. D

Rear blower motor relay location?

Read this- Rear Seat Blower Relay location/wiring diagram?
  7. D

Wiper linkage disconnected

Did the new part from Tasca have any kind of bushing on it?
  8. D

Hood prop installation

Thanks Donalds!
  9. D

Hood Prop - Tired Of Struts Failing

Hi Joney. Installing a prop rod is the best thing, I have done for my head and my wallet! Go here - Hood prop installation
  10. D

Ground g800? In rear help anyone?

August 97 Ford wiring manual- Right hand column G800
  11. D

My 98, never had any kind of bushing between the inner arm and wiper motor. When I replaced my broken passenger linkage recently, I installed 2 zip ties in that space. Works fine.
  12. D

I can't find the correct headlight switch for a 2001 Explorer.

The headlight switch and separate light dimmer switch. That is mounted from behind the panel is what my 98 has. Go to to Rock auto.com and research headlight switches for 2001 and earlier explorers.
  13. D

Weak low beam driver side - no LOM

wiring diagram headlights 99 Ex
  14. D

97 explorer windshiel wiper motor.

Go here - Wiper linkage disconnected Plenty of WD-40 and something to pry it off the wiper motor.
  15. D

2001 Explorer 4.0L fan clutch

Do you know which thread you your fan clutch has? Should be marked on fan shroud. You mentioned the tool rounded out. So I would check this and post back, before you try anything else.
  16. D

Tube Name Question

I agree about the hose to the valve cover is too big, compared too my old ford piece. Is there a online source for this hose? Also a part #. I went to the dealer years ago and got my current replacement.
  17. D

The linkage that is still connected to the wiper motor just gets pried off. The linkage your finger is holding has a clip on it, I circled the clip How it goes together the inside linkage slides on first. The linkage your holding slides on last. Then the clip goes on over the wiper motor...
  18. D

For all the wheel spacer questions, watch this!

The wheel spacers is the high light of this video.
  19. D

air in power steering

20. D

4.0 SOHC hose diagram

I would watch the hoses while the engine is running at idle and at a fast idle, to see if the hoses are collapsing under engine vacuum. As mentioned above listen and check for leaks.
  21. D

EATC/Air Blend Door

Time to have the head unit checked out.
  22. D

Washer Fluid Suddenly Not Working

On my 98 Ex, the windshield washer fluid pump has a rubber bushing/ filter screen in the fluid tank. To Check remove the washer motor and then there the bushing/ screen is. Pull out and clean. link below is for 97 Ex on rock auto, you can se the screen/bushing clearly...
Back