Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

I have a 2011 Explorer limited (52000 miles) and the first time my drivers side came off I thought "should be easy to replace. by the way it came off while my wife was doing about 60 on a parkway and flew into the woods on the side of the road. I bought a new upper pillar piece and new clips...
  2. H

Removing Front Console Lid/Cover

I just replaced the cover on my 2011 Limited and its not a bad job. First you have to remove the piece that the latch hook goes into its just held on by two clips and disconnect the electrical connector. under that is another piece that has three small bolts that have to be removed. Now lift up...
  3. H

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Really, my 2011 Explorer limited whose steering went stiff right before my wife's side swiping a telephone pole to the tune of $10,500 and then the power steering was found not to be working and repaired by Schultz Ford Nanuet ,NY to the tune of a additional $2,011 to replace the power steering...
  4. H

Called Schultz Ford in Nanuet New York that is replacing my steering rack and steering Colum to find out how my E was doing and when the work would be done,,,,,,,Service manager was rather nasty and said I should really be dealing (talking to the body shop) and not the dealership, Seems the door...
  5. H

The problem I am having is that I have owned a 2011 Explorer Limited and so far the sun roof motor failed and was repaired by the selling dealership and it cost me $100 for them to fix it again. AWD failed and Ford dealership reprogrammed the ABS module, told me I needed a new battery ( I...
  6. H

The labor cost quoted was $129. Advance. Auto was $52 platium brakes with lifetime replacement if they ever wear out rotors $52 each two year warranty. If the brakes were dragging then the rotors are more than likely warped. I will stick to doing the brakes myself
  7. H

brakes When Ford reprogramed my module for the terrain management error they told me about the brakes. New pads installed by Ford would cost $129 I opted to go with new rotors and pads to be installed by myself for about $150 I would also address the rust problem on the bracket that causes...
  8. H

Well the dealer ship and my insurance company agree that my power steering rack and steering column needs to be replaced,,,its been a month and I have not had my Explorer back.....now after getting back soon I need to replace my rear brakes because a dealer reported that my rear brakes are less...
  9. H

Well after my last post there was a rain then freezing temperatures and then snow. My wife on her way home from work at 8am said the steering became tough and starting going into the on coming lane and yanked the steering wheel to the right to avoid a collision and side swiped a telephone pole...
  10. H

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

battery Hi Peter thanks for the advice on the battery but my green eye was dark from this past summer. I checked the alternator output and it was and is good, With the green eye dark and the battery still working during the recent subzero was impressive but with the eye being "not green" the...
  11. H

battery I did not replace the battery just noticed that the green eye was dark. Here in Haverstraw NY we had sub zero temperatures and did not have a problem. I figured replacing now was a good thing. Notice how Crystal is quiet. I do not know if batteries are covered under the Ford...
  12. H

brakes Just a follow up to the brake issue. I did a search on you tube and found that dragging brakes on 2011 Explorers is a common problem. It is caused by rust developing on the caliper bracket under the stainless steel clip that holds the brake pad. The rust expands under the clip which...
  13. H

terrian management dropped of My Explorer 7am this mourning. a few hours later the service department called. I was told that my battery had failed testing because it tested 290CCA but is rated at 650CCA. I had noticed this past summer that the green eye had gone dark so I had them install a...
  14. H

I have an appointment for Monday march 2.
  15. H

schedule did not allow me to get to dealer yet, but I will this week. Going to Schults Ford West Haverstraw, NY
  16. H

Terrain error My 2011 Explorer Limited has been showing this error and my wife says there is a squeaking sound when backing up and turning at the same time. 28,500 miles. Taking it to the dealer in the mourning. I will update what happens. This is a Ford certified explorer I bought last April...
  17. H

Sync and phone volume

Sorry for the long delay for getting back...........I talked to another explorer owner and he said that to just turn the volume up on the radio when using sync and the phone........problem solved...when I turned the volume control up and using the phone everything worked just...
  18. H

Sync and phone volume

I can clearly see it and nothing obstructing it, Thanks. I do not know what MFT is.
  19. H

Sync and phone volume

What does it look like?
  20. H

Sync and phone volume

I keep the interior very clean and neat and I do not know where the mic is. I was reading that Iphones have a bluetooth volume control on the phone and that may have a influence on the sync system. I plan on turning the volume down on the phone and them sync and turn the volume (bluetooth) up...
  21. H

Sync and phone volume

I have a 2011 Limited and the problem is the sound level when using the phone through the Sync. People can hardly hear me on thier end, so much so i usally get a "sorry your voice is so low, must be a bad connection you will have to call back"....... Is there a volume control for the...
  22. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

Just an update. Ford called me back and this time thee was no back round noise and the line very clear. Conversation was short " Hello this ford calling to find out if your problem with the sun roof has been resolved" I said "yes its working but not really satisfied that I bought a Ford...
  23. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

So All American Ford called and asked if my sun roof working. I indicated to Ford via PM that the best time to call me was between 9am and noon ( I work 4 to 12) so of course they (Ford) called after those hours. There was so much back round noise I could not really hear or understand what she...
  24. H

Moonroof Will Not Close

My explorer has both an opening sun roof and a moon roof that does not open. There are two motors up there. One for the sun roof and one for the slide(cover) for the moon roof. I will try and send the PM just did not know how to do it.
Back