Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

01 Explorer Sport with flat spings

Had the same issue, can ise the Warrior 153# shackles or the Monroe self adjusting shocks, both work well and are cheap
  2. C

2001 Ford Explorer Sport SUV differential or axle problems?

Cant belive the first mech somehow messed up a simple drain and fill, bet he forgot to add the FM, I just recently changed my rear end Pinion Seal with a new flange and a new G2 axle Cover, used 75w140 and Ford Racing Friction Modifier. As for the sag, my 03 had it bad, i just bought the Monroe...
  3. C

Changed tranny filter now o/d light flashes

I did the same thing recently and re torqed my valvebody back to spec. It shifts like new now Maby your over torqued it in a wierd way were you crushed the valve body gasket? Maby Change the Filter and make surw you give it a good push to seat the 2 ends
  4. C

Ford Explorer Xlt 8.8 Diff Fill Capacity?

Whats that in litres?
  5. C

Ford Explorer Xlt 8.8 Diff Fill Capacity?

2003 explorer sport xlt 4x4 Rear end fill capacity? And if so how much does ford call for? Thanks ccm
  6. C

How To: 3rd Gen Rear Pinion Seal and Gear Oil Replacement

Im changing my rear seal and ordered kit dorman 697507. Wich has the Flange Seal and Nut.. How would i go about aligning it properly since im removing the old nut and flange? Just line the new flange infront of the old one and mark it?
  7. C

No driver side brake light

Try tilting your steering wheel all the way up and see if that work.
  8. C

Something weird happened today..

When its dealing with the pump not turning on, Check your Inertia Switch, also the pigtail it self, it usually melts..
  9. C

Gas tank shield

I swear mines is plastic 03 sport
  10. C

Can i run 245/70/16 instead of 255/70/16

dumb question but, will it make a diffrence? im eyeing a set of 245 70 16 and currently running stock 255 70 16s? Thanks 2003 explorer sport xlt
  11. C

2000 ford explorer starter and running problems

Check wires connectors carefully. I had the same issue
  12. C

2000 ford explorer starter and running problems

Check inertia switch and also the plug
  13. C

Tranfer Case Fluid Type? 03 sport xlt

Thanks, Going to call ford dealer tommorow to see the price fore the fluid if not Amazon has the xl12 motorcraft 15$ a litre
  14. C

Tranfer Case Fluid Type? 03 sport xlt

03 sport xlt 4x4 4.0l 5r55e trans auto Not sure what fluid to use Mercon or Mercon V Also missing the counter balance weight. Anyone know were i can get one online possible? Thanks CC
  15. C

Changed Heater Control Resistor Same Prob still

so i changed the switch just now and still same issue!, wtf can be wrong, i changed the resistor and switch.. any other ideas guys?
  16. C

Thanks alot could you direct me to the part no# on rockauto.
  17. C

Only 1 & 4 work on my dash for the blower. 2 & 3 dont. I changed the Resistor and still same problem. Once in a while 2 and 3 will work but rarely. Any Ideas? Is it the switch i should be looking at Thanks Ccm. 03 xlt 4.0 sport
  18. C

I'm dying here! 01 Explorer is killing me.

Try to clean the MAF
  19. C

2001 Explorer Sport trouble....

Do me a favor check your Enertia shut off switch And check the connection , mines burned out a couple times with a no start. Stumped my mind could of never figured it out.
  20. C

So did i total my buddy's rig with a spark plug? Let's find out (warning: Cologne V6)

Maby a tiny needle nose or a flat head to push the tread?? Very slowley
  21. C

Picture of leak, replace caliper or just the pin?

Change the hose and the caliper
  22. C

Forscan Adapter

Ive ordered 3 diffrent cheapy types off ebay and non work in my 03 ford. But work in other carsa like nissan etc :s Bludriver and Lemur work fine but they are 100$
  23. C

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

I got a set of Mevotechs for 120$ so far great. Advice if your hub is stuck in the knuckle Leave the 3 hub bolts half way in and give them a good wack it will break the rust and your hub free from the knuckle instead of banging like a mad man for hours
  24. C

Fuel pump or something else?

Have you tried checking your Inertia switch. Check the power lines could be burnt. I had a similier issue. Also you dont need to drop the tank to change the Fuel pump. There are many guides on here on how to.
  25. C

What's it called?

Hit up a junkyard part should be free or under 10$
Back