Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Steering Problems

I was driving it all day yesterday, I came home at night and I parked it in the garage, and this morning it didn’t started and it showed that message. I never heard any weird noises or felt the steering rough, it just happened overnight while in the garage ‍♂️
  2. X

Steering Problems

Yes, it shut off as it gave the warning, the explorer is in the garage, I would not drive it like that. It still under warranty but what’s stopping me calling dealer is that the explorer is lowered and I’m afraid they’ll void the warranty. But this evening I’ll check every connection. Funny...
  3. X

Steering Problems

I was going to try jumper cables, but I tried to start it just for the heck of it, and it started right away. It lasted like 30 seconds on and then it shut off giving the steering service message. I had to leave for work but this evening I’ll check all the cables.
  4. X

Steering Problems

Hello community, this morning my 2018 explorer didn’t start and it gave me a message “Steering Assist Fault Service Required”. Does anyone have had this problem before? My Explorer is lowered with H&R springs, do you all think it has something to do with it? Any experience if the springs will...
  5. X

Lowering the Explorer

Part number is 51635
  6. X

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

Hello there! My mods were/are, 1. Tint (if tint is considered a mod) 2. Weathertech mats (same) 3. Livernois motorsports 93 tune/ airaid cai/ 3bar map/ thermostat. 4. Lowering springs 5. Livernois/corsa full exhaust. I definitely recommend LMS for your performance needs, although there’s some...
  7. X

Got Livernois?

I have LMS full exhaust, absolutely no drone.
  8. X

Got Livernois?

I have all the goodies LMS have for the sport, I have 20k miles on the tune and it's beautiful. I just put the exhaust 6k mi ago, LMS downpipes and catback, and I love it. With the exhaust I'm getting 20mpg hwy and around 17 in town. I'm waiting for the HPFP for the explorer to try a flex fuel...
  9. X

Got Livernois?

As far as I know, V5 is the latest.
  10. X

Sport Aftermarket Struts/shocks

I run mine yesterday, and it stated the same. I was gonna check the manufacture date but I forgot.
  11. X

Better pic. Rock auto doesn't always have accurate descriptions.
  12. X

Tasca parts show those part numbers as the "with HD brakes"
  13. X

Hey man I'm sorry if my first reply to you was rude. Yea, every time shocks were swapped an alignment was performed, or at least they told me that at the dealer. When I did them on my own I took it for an alignment and it was good, no adjustments were needed. My wife is not a bad driver and...
  14. X

Problem is that none of those brands manufacture shocks for 5th gen Explorers
  15. X

According to my local dealership, sports and police explorer has the same suspension/brakes. And like I've said before, I will understand if both struts fail together, but it's just the passenger strut the one going bad. It really doesn't make sense.
  16. X

Lol, It's my wife's daily. It's a '14 and has only 47k miles. Never been driven off road, and have only seen track around 3 times but I doubt going a straight line would make any damage. You don't know what r u talking about dude, but thanks for your comment ✌️.
  17. X

Well just an update, I followed ford technician about putting bearing grease on the strut mounts, they went bad pretty quick. I had to replace them with new units because I had a rattle in both struts. (Sorry for the dirty engine bay)
  18. X

Explorer Sport Black Red

It does look good, I checked their Instagram and their work is amazing. I really like their custom steering wheel.
  19. X

Thanks for that info, I'll re torque everything today. I forgot to ask the technician at ford about the torque specs when I went to pick the struts at the dealer. What he did told me, was to careful pry open the strut bearings, they are contained in a plastic ring so they'll not fly out, and to...
  20. X

I didn't find any torque specs anywhere, but I torqued the strut-to-spindle bolts to 148ft/lbs, the stabilizer link to 85ft/lbs and the upper strut nuts to 26ft/lbs. those are specs for my 2014 mustang, I know they r different complete vehicles but I didn't have anything else. I even checked the...
  21. X

I did the installation, but I took the struts to a local shop to have the springs swapped, I was there the whole time and they used the adequate press to do the job. the second time was at the dealer, so I doubt it was installation failure. I understand if both struts went bad, but it was just...
  22. X

The first time it went bad, they replaced under warranty because I was still under the 36K warranty. This time it was already under the extended warranty I bought, so they didn't want to replace them. Everything else is covered, only suspension is not.
  23. X

Passenger side strut was the one bad like I said. Brand new ones. One assembled, one to go. After I finish inhalation, went for a test drive and my explorer felt so beautifully smooth. :chug:
Back