Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Shift to Park Warning

2014 explorer sport had shifter replaced under extended warranty in 1/4/2016 at 40K miles. Now it is 1/10/2019 75k miles getting relpaced again. Such a shame that ford doesnt replace the switch instead of replacing the entire shifter. I am calling a few different places to see if they will just...
  2. J

Tuners in general

I was quoted via email from livernois that much higher than the numbers you quoted above. please advise
  3. J

It is Almost Tuning Season!

what was the answer to my question about the tuning package? thanks
  4. J

It is Almost Tuning Season!

I am having a hard time understanding the packages for a 2014 ford explorer sport. I am looking for the tune, CAI, thermostat, bar sensor, and spark plugs. I dont see a package on your website that offers all those together? thanks
  5. J

Livernois tune experience

Fords warranty is 3yrs or 36K miles.. If you can even call that a warranty. Everyone should fully understand that a tune could damage your vehicle, but then again if it was common livernois wouldn't be in business very long.
  6. J

2015 Ford ESP Changes

Who is your contact? Thanks
  7. J

Got Livernois?

Thanks, Will do I want to get mine tuned soon.
  8. J

Got Livernois?

I contacted livernois last week and the girl I exchanged emails with wasnt really that helpful. how hard is the install on the Livernois Motorsports Cold Air Intake, Livernois Motorsports 160* Thermostat, Pre-Gapped Spark Plugs that is the only part that is intimidating. I would rather pay a...
  9. J

Side Mirror wont fold out

Yeah I am worried about owning this SUV out of warranty. I have had so many things fixed on it in the last year. very frustrating to spend almost 50K on a vehicle and have so many issues with the quality of fit and finish.
  10. J

Mirror was replaced under warranty. Something was wrong with the motor. They replaced the entire assembly and reused the painted mirror back. Nothing to do with freezing or being manually bumped.
  11. J

I went thru the car wash and now in the rain. My driver side mirror will fold in, but wont go back out via the button on the driver door console. Anyone else had this problem or know what is going on? I am going to try and get it into the dealer today. 2014 ford explorer sport 25K miles
  12. J

2015 Black Sport Mods

Sorry you have had bad experiences man. I don't really care to have an argument over law enforcement. I am extremely grateful for what they do and what they have to deal with.
  13. J

2015 Black Sport Mods

As the son of a lawyer cops do not do what they want. the problem is the average individual doesn't know his rights and gets pushed around. Tint is a motor vehicle offense and not a criminal offense. Which is a big difference. I know too many cops to believe they are all jerks.
  14. J

2015 Black Sport Mods

Your Tint laws are state specific. No cop from another state can issue you a ticket for violation of their tint law. As long as your tint is legal in your state where your car is registered then you are fine. I like your explorer and your Iowa Hawkeyes swag! did you do the black emblem...
  15. J

Custom Headlights and Fog by RIHIDS

Interesting that you think HID on Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, and Maserati look cheesy. They use 7000K HID bulbs on exotics and that is usually what the look individuals are after. I did 6000K HID and with a little blue hue it looks fantastic, but as always "to each his own"
  16. J

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I just did the Vision Pro HID kit 6000K over the weekend and it was the best $250 I have ever spent on a car. It has a blue hue, but looks ridiculously amazing. Install took about an hour, but plug and play. i researched headlights and fog lights for months and doing a HID was the only logical...
  17. J

My Sport with HID 8000K's

I did the install over the weekend with 6000K VisionPro HID kit. The results are awesome, but the 6000K is more blue than I would have liked, so I dont know how you like the 8000K. The guy who installs VisionPro kits in Utah said the blue tint will lessen as the bulbs burn in. I talked with...
  18. J

Voice Command - is it worthless

My Wife's name is McCall like the town in Idaho.. Most individuals we meet mess it up for the first few times we are around them. Microsoft sync is flawless when I call her everyday I leave work. "Calling McCall on cell" I also use the voice recognition for temperature, radio station, and...
  19. J

interceptor badge on hood

Reminds me of the league when Pete buys a Crown Vic and is mistaken for a cop. He complains about how it took him 30 extra min to get home in the city. So funny! I do like the interceptor grille, but not enough to buy it.
  20. J

2013 Ford Explorer Limited w/ Halogen Bulbs

Naming features or items on a vehicle that are not wanted don't count. Sport owners wouldn't want 20" polished wheels when they get 20" black sport rims, The other items you mentioned I didn't even know existed. I would love the active parking assist for the wife, but that is about it. Explorer...
  21. J

define more bells and whistles. The only option I couldn't get was HID headlights and fog lights, but are easy enough to get aftermarket. Everything else on options was exactly the same as the limited except the engine that is the only reason I am driving an explorer instead of another sport...
  22. J

Limited the top trim model yet cheaper than the sport? you are right it is personal opinion.. just like purchasing a Lincoln
  23. J

Ford Explorer sports without HID is a total failure on fords part. The Sport is nicer than the limited.. The only difference is the ecoboost engine.. I dont get !
Back