Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Snow performance??

If your concerned buy a set of dedicated snow tires. I have heard that with a good set of snows it is better than a lot of pickups. I'll let you know once the snow starts flying. I bought a set of Blizzaks. I should make it through anything. I'm coming from F250's and F350's. A friend of mine...
  2. S

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

Airborn, well said. Kevin
  3. S

Removing the grille

Great write up and pictures.....
  4. S

2011 Explorer on 245/70R17s

Very nice looking Ex. I like how the tires really fill out the wheel wells. Are you having any rubbing issues? Kevin
  5. S

Max tire size - XLT

I run 275/45/20 on mine and ride is the same as stock. You could go larger without fear of rubbing. I didn't want to go to wide as it'll drop my gas mileage to much. I went with aftermarket rims, 20x9.5. Kevin
  6. S

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

Truck looks great. Cutting springs has been done for ever. If someone has a negative comment, back it up with fact. Otherwise I'm guessing you just like to hear yourself. Everyone's a forum tough guy......lol
  7. S

Disconnecting Battery

Just a quick question about disconnecting the battery. Does the Sony stereo lose all preset stations when the battery is disconnected. I ask, as my truck does not and was wondering if the Explorer is able to hold the presets. Thanks, kevin
  8. S

livernois question

jjl, you upload and Livernois sends you the tunes. Well worth it. Gotta love some of the answers you get. Kevin
  9. S

New Rims and Tires on the Sport, now With Pics

Peter, I'm going to go with the Blizzaks. I found some that will go on the stock rims. Kevin
  10. S

I probably should have said that I'm planning on keeping my stock rims. I'm going to use them as winter rims. Kevin
  11. S

Here are a copy of pictures I took with my phone. Best I have so far. Windows are tinted, 3M black on the door handles, Livernois 93 performance, Mach 5 rims and soon to be not Toyo tires. Kevin
  12. S

I will post some pictures tomorrow. As soon as I can figure out how. Kevin
  13. S

This weekend I installed new wheels and tires on my '14 Sport. I went with Mach 5 wheels, 20"x9.5", 40 offset. I wet with Toyo Proxes S/T II, 275/45/20. I also installed red caliper covers. The rims and caliper cover look great. The tires look good but are the loudest tires I have ever heard...
  14. S

XSports with Tuners, are u happy?

+1 on the Livernois. Incredible.
  15. S

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

Peter, I'm showing a variance of -.98% on 1010 Tires. Going from a 255/50/20 to a 275/45/20. Am I incorrect? Kevin
  16. S

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

20 x 9.5" wheels and 275/45/20 Tires I'm ordering Mach 5 wheels, 20 x 9.5, 35 offset and mounting Falcon 275/45/20. I just want to make sure I'm doing my math correct. The stock rim is 20 x 9 with a 44 offset. My change should add about 6mm to either side of the rim and the offset will add...
  17. S

Gas efficiency

I have a Sport and I'm getting about 18 around town. If I could keep my foot off the gas it would be much higher with highway driving. Maybe someone will chime in with something other than the sport.
  18. S

Mileage on Delivery?

83 miles. Couldn't be happier. Don't care about the 83 miles.
  19. S

Ford really does not care about "Quality is Job One"

Sorry your having a problem, but I couldn't disagree more. This is my 6th Ford, had so few problems I can't remember them. The Sport is top notch and if something does go wrong, I have faith they'll take care of it. I don't think the small misalignment in your picture is much of a problem. I...
  20. S

1/4 Mile Run Times

Can I ask who's tune your using? Is it Livernois or someone else Kevin
  21. S

Question about receiving Iphone text on MFT

Let me start by saying, I really like MFT and Sync. Everything works flawlessly. I setup to receive notification of texts. I know I cannot text outgoing. The setup is simple, turn on notifications on the blue tooth menu, shut Explorer off and turn it back on. Did a few tests and it all worked...
  22. S

My blacked out Explorer

I really like the blacked out look. I agree you should leave the center caps black. Kevin
  23. S

New Member and Explorer owner!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats, your going to love it.
  24. S

Explorer Police Interceptor

I was almost positive that I read the ecoboost was limited to 122. You could be right, and I'm not planning on testing it. Not yet at least. Kevin
  25. S

Explorer Police Interceptor

I respect your opinion, but don't agree with any of your reasoning. But, that's why manufacturers make multiple models. Kevin
Back