Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

A/C clutch engaging/disengaging constantly

I have had this problem forever. If a/c is on or off, the clutch is constantly engaging and disengaging. I went to the dealership about it, and they said that they couldnt really do anything unless I converted all the seals and plugs to new ones (or something to that effect, must be the...
  2. C

Need help ASAP! - Where is this vacuum hose?

I kept checkin around for a line, then a rubber plug fell down, so it was plugged to begin with. Runs fine now, but still a mystery to me why they blew off anyways. Thx for the input guys.
  3. C

I am looking for someone who knows where the line that plugs into the nipple is. I would have no problem plugging in the dangling hose if I could find it (either its in a place thats a PITA to get at, or just me being mildly retarded). If it comes down to it, I will plug it, but I would like to...
  4. C

Heres an easy one for you guys, Went to start the explorer and it wouldn't run. It must have backfired because two vacuum lines blew off of the back of the engine, drivers side ('94 OHV). I hooked the one back up, but cannot for the life of me find where the other one is: The ex starts up...
  5. C

Help

I jury rigged a friend's grand prix parking brake for that reason. There was a switch at the very top of the pedal, I cut the wire to it and then connected it to a ground. This way of doing it shows the parking brake on all the time, and im sure theres a smarter way of doing it, but it does the...
  6. C

new setup soon

I put infinity reference 4" front and rear in my explorer and I thought they sounded great. They didnt like playing lows, but they played mid/high perfect. I blew one of the front ones and replaced them with 5 1/4 JBLs and I like them alot, the mid has alot more punch to it. As far as ground...
  7. C

Selling my boxes.

Im gonna be selling my boxes which fit in a '94 2-dr. idk if they will fit in 4-dr or 2nd gen, but im sure someone here will. They are short enough so that subs will not go above the rear window line (allows you to stay in lower class in stereo comps). Here are the pics: I dont have...
  8. C

Subwoofer enclosures

You guys must buy expensive resin for cost to even be an issue....
  9. C

Subwoofer enclosures

ummmm, yes there is a reason and purpose. MDF = porous. And its not expensive to just buy some resin and coat your box... Edit: I noticed I said I FG'ed my box, all I did was coat it with resin
  10. C

Subwoofer enclosures

Check out my box for 4 12's. (Just ignore the massive holes I used as ports). I FG'ed the whole inside and went around all the ouside edges.
  11. C

Brake upgrade options..

I am looking to upgrade my brakes. The rears were always spongey, narrowed it down to the auto adjusters, and the cables on them were broken. Fixed them, then installed my stereo. I am guessing there is an extra 200 lbs in the cargo area plus I dynamatted everywhere accept the floor. Now you...
  12. C

New box pics

like i said before, I had some rough measurements taken, they werent THAT far off, and the person who designed the subs suggested a 23x8x1" deep port so I just went as close to that as I could, and it did sound good when I was playing music though I didnt play anythin with good lows yet. As long...
  13. C

New box pics

I swear I have the worst luck ever with stereos. First of all, if it wasnt for my luck, this all would have been installed last summer, all of it has been sitting at home for the last year. I spent all today hooking stuff up, after blowing a fuse, it all fired up, sounded great, last step...
  14. C

wiring to front door?

newer x's must be alot different than 1st gens. I was able to run new speaker wires no problem through the existing rubber tubes, and the interior panels hide it all.
  15. C

New box pics

Ya, I am aware I can damage the subs, but I am pretty confident that I will be alright since the ports are so damn big, and only 1" deep. Also, there isnt much wattage goin to the subs either so they should be able to handle it. I did download winISD and messed around with it, it said to put...
  16. C

New box pics

What do you mean? I have 9 cu.ft. of trunk space, I can still stick things in massive holes that I call ports ;)
  17. C

New box pics

Im dropping in 4 12" GTi's, powered by two 1200W amps. They will run @ 3 ohms and get around 600 wrms. I know they're really underpowered but if I were to buy amps with sufficient power I would never be able to fit them anywhere. Next season, I will prolly downgrade to two subs, sell the boxes I...
  18. C

New box pics

Here are some pics of my box. Each has 3.95 cu.ft. of airspace, and dont bother asking me what they are tuned to. I had went into a local car audio store and wanted to know what port sizes I should make, so he called the guy in NY who designed the subs and he said the port should be 23 x 8 x...
  19. C

stuck on my box...

Going back to the airspace issue... I just made two separate boxes, each for two 12" gTi's. The top of the boxes are pretty much flush with the rear side windows, and go over the wheelwells like you have in your carboard template. The boxes are made with 1" MDF, I have a space cutout to fit a...
  20. C

Resonant Frequency

Its seems like no one has any info on this, so I'm booked in wed. to find out for sure.
  21. C

Resonant Frequency

Has anyone here found the resonant frequency for a 1st gen 2-door? I remember reading it on a forum once, I think it was 51 Hz (??) but i have no idea what forum I was on... Thx, Cory
  22. C

How many sq. ft. of dynamat would it take?

I have pics of all the dynamat I put inhere and that took 1 and a half bulk packs of dynamat extreme. I didnt even come close to covering everywhere. I did most of the cargo area pretty well, and just put patches everywhere else. I ran two strips, one sheet wide, down the length of the roof, and...
  23. C

After installing the KKM true rev kit...

So if you cut away half of the airbox, wont you still be sucking in the warm air from the engine compartment?
  24. C

Do you have a pic of what you did with your air box? And ya, I had plugged both lines up with bolts, so I guess im good to go...
  25. C

What are you supposed to do with those 2 vacuum lines that were on the sensor?
Back