Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Soft brakes

I was doing my typical service today and I noticed a leak coming from my axle. I only noticed this because I pulled the rotor seeing as the leak was coming off my dust cover. I put back on my right rear rotor, I put on the caliper etc. And finished up. As I am pulling my explorer out of the...
  2. K

Sputtering, lack of power, rough idle

Were new spark plugs put in with the rebuild? Id sure hope so, but this sounds exactly like the problem I had. 185000 miles on mine, kept having problems, but never stopped and thought of plugs. Didnt know how mine even ran in the condition those plugs were in. May be bad plug wires too. check...
  3. K

Not your typical headlight switch question.

not sure about the wires...but with headlights/tailights/etc going out, did you check the alternator? My Ex started shutting things off and left me sit a week after i SHOULD have tested the alternator when these things started happening
  4. K

1995 misfire/lugging engine...HELP!

I think i am going to replace plugs and see if that will fix my problem
  5. K

no codes come up. And i blamed the lugging (the car was thumping and could not accelerate) on the transmission slipping and just being a piece of s***.
  6. K

Okay. Here's the situation: I have been having off and on misfires for almost the past 6 months now. what started out as rarely happening is now becoming a trend. I first blamed it on my bad trans, but that has since been replaced by a new rebuilt one. This happens usually when the Ex is...
  7. K

Replacing Stereo 1995 Ex with Clarion 6 disc changer

Ok. I had no idea about the amp...are most wiring kits meant to be combined with the amp or meant to bypass it? and how do i deal with the previous wiring to the CD changer?
  8. K

Replacing Stereo 1995 Ex with Clarion 6 disc changer

So my stereo is getting pretty worn out. going over small bumps it skips and casette tray doesnt work (got a casette that i can plug my phone into to play music). anyways, its dated and i want to get a new head unit. Ive helped replace them in other vehicles, but it was basic installation. what...
Back