Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

New Member Intro

I ended up going a different direction...
  2. N

New Member Intro

Well didn't last quite as long as I imagined. Traded the explored in recently on a new rig (needed more towing and off-road capability...) but great car that will truly be missed. I have the Setina push bar and my two rigid led light bars sitting the garage looking all said now. Let me know if...
  3. N

Push Bar for Explorer

I sold my 14 Sport and have the Setina push bar and rigid LEDs sitting in the garage now. Let me know if I can provide any further details if anyone is interested. Perfect setup for adding huge light!
  4. N

Hidden 30" LED Light Bar install

I have two rigid light bars in my garage that need a new home, 20 inch driving pattern and 28 inch combo. Let me know if you are interested in learning more. Great size for these type of installs
  5. N

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

I have two of these light bars sitting in my garage now, mounted to a Setina push bar if anyone is considering an upgrade... Let me know and I can provide more details on the install
  6. N

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Loving your raptor. I am a big fan of Rigid's products, I had a bunch of them on my old F150KR and I knew when I got my new Explorer I would be getting some again... I ended up going a 28 inch combo E2 and and a 20 inch driving E2 on my push bar. I really love how bright they are!
  7. N

2015 Ford Explorer Sport Performance not as good as MKT

The transmission is almost certainly the limiting factor. The other thing that is important to note is that two engines that are called 3.5L ecoboost are not necessary identical... nearly all german turbo'ed engines come in multiples variants to suit various models and performance criteria.
  8. N

Sport with Limited Rims?

Not to thread jack but where is the best place to sell my factory Sport wheels/tires? I took them off within the first few days of getting them. Do you guys recommend eBay?
  9. N

LED lightbar for my grille guard

Thanks! Kind of a weird angle, I will try to get better pictures. I am very happy with how it all turned out.
  10. N

Push Bar for Explorer

The installation of the push bar and it's accompanying hardware seemed pretty simple, assuming you can manage the removal of the bumper cover. Best of luck! I think Setina includes installation instructions if I recall correctly.
  11. N

Push Bar for Explorer

I do not. I can't comment on the placement of cruise control but I imagine it would be obstructed...
  12. N

Got mine installed finally. Very happy with the light --they are exceptionally bright!
  13. N

Push Bar for Explorer

Pushbar requires bumper removal, took my local shop around ~45 minutes. Light install does not require the bumper to be removed.
  14. N

Push Bar for Explorer

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n22qmc6pdlb0zvo/AAD8o9RDljeuy8MOZs39tJIxa Setina pushbar with 28 inch + 20 inch LED Rigid light bars.
  15. N

Looks great on the grille guard there, I'll be doing something very similar in the coming week or so.
  16. N

Rigid Duallys.

Very cool, I had a few pairs of rigid D2's on my old F150, they were great!
  17. N

Roof rack with lights?

^ this. 50 inch light bar, grab a pair of the clap mounts, bolt the light to the forward crossbar. If you're uneasy about drilling holes in the roof, you could probably run the wiring down the A-pillar and then under the hood. The wiring harness that Rigid supplies is plug and play and has...
  18. N

New Member Intro

Just ordered a pair of E2 Rigid light bars, one 28 inch and one 20 inch. Should have them within a week, I'll post pictures when it comes time to install. No ideas from anyone on what my 20 inch Sport wheels/tires are worth?
  19. N

My 2013 Explorer Sport 17k review

Yeah I'm hoping that I can shake the habit as well, maybe attend some Automotives Anonymous meetings or something. Fingers crossed.
  20. N

"Black Panther" 2014 Ford Explorer Sport

All the dimensions should be on their website, they were exceptionally helpful when I asked for the dimensions via email so you could inquire. If you get the aluminum one like I did I imagine it's fairly light, the steel one is clearly the heavier of the the two. I can email you pictures? I am...
  21. N

If the car were red no one would think twice but because mine is black there is that knee-jerk reflex that people think it could be the police. The LED's are rated for "non-highway" use which really translates to them being perfectly acceptable for use as high beams on back roads and as...
  22. N

I recall getting stuck in a caravan of E30/36/46 M3's that must have been part of some sort of auto club and having absolutely no problem running from highway speed (towing a 2500 pound closed trailer) and losing them. That was right when I got the car which would have been around the time the...
  23. N

Steel wheels are on, Setina push bar also. Still brainstorming on the best possible combination of lights. I'm not ready to drill holes in my roof yet so all lifts will be on the pushbar.
  24. N

I used that G2/3 paint on a past project as well. Really good stuff. No issues for years and years even with the heavy (ab)use.
Back