Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Tire Size help 2014 Sport: 275/50/20

As soon as they come in I will get those pics up!
  2. M

So decided not to be the test pilot and have any rub or clearance issues (even though I highly doubt I would have). 265/50/20 Nitto NT421Q's are on the way. Ran Nitto's and Toyo's on my old Excursion in various sizes and treads with great results so I expect nothing less from these. $970 out...
  3. M

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Anyone out there with info on the 275/50/20 tires?
  4. M

I have read a lot of the posts about tires and sizes. Wife wants to keep her Sport package wheels, but she would like a wider tire. I have read that several have gone with 275/45/20, but I wonder if the 275/50/20 will fit? I do not want to sacrifice the sidewall height of the 50 series we now...
  5. M

LED rear turn signals

I am going to float a couple of questions over at one of the Ford Fusion boards I am on. There is a lot of mods being done over with those vehicles and somebody had info on re-flashing to make some changes work with the CANBUS. Maybe they have some info or ideas on it. I am not necessarily...
  6. M

LED rear turn signals

Peter, thanks for the info. But that is one of the posts I have read through and still does not answer the question I have and maybe I should be more specific. I am looking to see if someone has solved this issue by replacing the bulbs only without adding additional resistors to the electrical...
  7. M

LED rear turn signals

I have read through every post I could find, but I still can not find a definitive answer to this question: Which bulb will replace the rear turn signal bulb and give me an amber LED bulb with no hyper-flashing or other problems? I do not want a link to another thread, I want the solution...
  8. M

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Peter, That was what I was thinking too, but they insisted this was the problem. Due to heavy traffic I was not able to have that nice open air around me to see if there was a fix. I still have the hood flexing, but not enough time to eval the A-Pillar repair.
  9. M

A-Pillar seals done yesterday, hope to have feedback on my noises being eliminated tomorrow after a drive down the freeway. I still have the hood vibration which I suspect is due to broken epoxy between the top and the cross bracing near the cowl area. I guess tomorrow should tell me if the...
  10. M

Hood Struts ??

I just saw this post and from what I can tell, it is just the hood strut. You would need the upper and lower ball studs the strut attaches to. I am going to check mine as soon as I get home tonight and see if there is a way to make this work. I would think it could be done, but we might need...
  11. M

2014 Sport - What could be wrong?

Sounds silly the CEL will not light up. Unlike a lot of the other turbo vehicles out there, there really is very little whine when you wind this motor up. Does it have to do with the twin turbo set up? I barely hear it when I get this one going, but the seat of the pants feel lets you know...
  12. M

Update: Humming noise found to be from the A-pillar area according to service writer. They ordered a "kit" to fix it. Seat cover on the passenger side will be receiving a new cover (on order). Now for the wheel, they are still waiting for info back on it. They said I should have brought it...
  13. M

Explorer hood vibrates

Explorer is in for the humming noise, seat and wheel. Not a real positive vibe on the wheel being replaced. Service writer said because it has been two months since purchased And it being a RF wheel they may claim curb rash, but it clearly looks like a trapezoid shaped wheel weight was on...
  14. M

Explorer hood vibrates

I have my appointment this Wednesday for the issues. After a 2500 mile trip on vacation, I can say the vibration humming was a little annoying, but hey just turn up the radio and jam on right?! Seriously though, this Explorer was just awesome to drive through the mountains on the West Coast...
  15. M

Explorer hood vibrates

Ok some good news. Service writer said yep the epoxy holding hood to cross brace looks like it popped and the wheel damage is most likely going to be covered. Unfortunately he would not write it up right now without leaving the Expy with him. ALL DAY due high volume if traffic. I could not as...
  16. M

Explorer hood vibrates

I work grave shift Crystal and have not yet been to the dealer. I have the vehicle with me tonight and am stopping off to have it washed and the hood inspected as well as what appears to be damage to two of the wheel from shipping and bad paint (white spots in it) this morning. Work has been...
  17. M

Explorer hood vibrates

Yep same issue here noticed it with less than 1000 miles on it. Going to the dealer in a couple hours on the way home from work.
  18. M

Itjdp I have the same problem. Mostly when driving into a headwind at freeway speeds. Very annoying. Stopping by dealer in way home this morning to see what they can do? Anyone have a resolution to theirs yet?
  19. M

Removal of the front and rear ford emblem

I bought my emblems from the same guy on ebay. The front came in with dirt in the paint and he is replacing it with no issue. I replaced the rear emblem today since I had it in hand and had only one issue. The rear one was barely being held on by about 1/16" x 2" of the factory tape along...
  20. M

Return to Explorers

Have had two several years ago, but with my Ford Excursion 6.0 starting to lose head gaskets again, it was time to go. Hello 2014 Explorer Sport! Now time to start modding!
Back