Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

MFT screen black but still working

Greetings all. This forum has helped me a great deal before and I hope this time as well. I have a 2011 XLT. My screen had been going off intermittently and staying off for a day or two then coming back on for a few days. One day it started blinking madly for a few minutes before finally...
  2. A

Steering Noise When Stopped

Thanks Mbrooks420. I'll check on this and report back.
  3. A

Steering Noise When Stopped

Hi all. I have a 2011 Ford Explorer and it makes a thumping/thunking sound when I turn the wheel and I'm stopped or going very slow. The steering is not affected. The wheel turns smoothly except for the low-pitched noise. I made a video demonstrating the noise. It's very hard to hear, so turn...
  4. A

Rear doors won't lock/unlock

Just took a quick look on Fordparts.com and the only mention of a "regulator" has to do with Power Windows. My windows work fine. No problems at all. Are they trying to pull a fast one on me?
  5. A

Rear doors won't lock/unlock

Hello everyone. Within a span of a month both rear door locks on my 2011 Explorer are failing to open or close when I push the button on the driver side door or from the key FOB. Nine times out of ten the passenger in the rear seat will have to manually lift the little lock up in order to...
  6. A

Reimbursement for repair???

So you're saying I should probably go back to the repair shop an ask them for the old/replaced axle to show them as proof? If they still have it?
  7. A

Thanks Dr. I'll give it a try.
  8. A

I was noticing a clicking noise from the front end of my 2011 Explorer on left turns and deduced it was a bad axle/CV joint. Even though the warranty ended several months ago, I called Ford service and asked if I was covered. They said "no", so I took it to a local repair shop and had the work...
  9. A

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

QNX update on my 2011 Explorer? Pretty much what the title says. When MFT finally switches over to QNX, are we going to be updated as well? So far I'm pretty happy with MFT, except for slow reaction times when inputting addresses and such.
  10. A

Water Leak

nchggb, I just got a call back from the service center. They fixed my leak (so they say). That was on the third row passenger side. The guy mentioned something about a seal near the sun/moon roof. Don't recall the exact wording. I had another leak two years ago on the third row driver's side...
  11. A

Water Leak

I meant to say WHY is it mentioned in my account if the dealer doesn't have it yet? I left out the word "why".
  12. A

Water Leak

Just to update: I took in my car this morning for the water leak and they said they have to wait for the "Water Doctor" to arrive so he can check it out. That sounds kind of funny. I also mentioned the recall. The guy at the service center said its a software update and they won't receive...
  13. A

Water Leak

Thanks peterk9. I will contact Crystal and post back my results from when I take it in tomorrow. Also going back for a recall (Electric Power Steering). Don't know if anyone else with a 2011 saw this.
  14. A

Water Leak

Hi all. Just want to add my name to growing list of customers with leaking Explorers. My 2011 started leaking by the third row driver's side a few months after we got it. It was traced back to a faulty roof rack seal. Hasn't leaked since. Two weeks ago it poured here in NYC and the...
Back