Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Looking at the 2016 Explorer Sport...questions...

Like others have said the new Explorer is most comfortable on paved roads. Light sand/ruts would be fine, but anything more severe and your asking for trouble. The only offroading mine has seen was when my Ford dealer was paving the lot and I had to go through a muddy section to get in and out...
  2. O

Ford Explorer problems...

Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
  3. O

2016 explorer odometer

Smokes right. This isn't your problem. You pay your premiums so they will handle this if/when the time comes. I would assume they can still get the car into Accessory mode to check the ODO. If they can't its stored internally and a Ford dealer should be able to pull it. Either way make...
  4. O

Oil Change interval

My dealer tells me to trust the OLM and to only do it when the computer says to under normal conditions. If i was towing I'd probably do shorter intervals.
  5. O

Time for tires

Glad to here the Michelin LTX's have been good to you. I'm looking at the Micchelin Defender LTX M/S which I believe replaced the LTX M/S. TireRack reviews look to be quite good for the new ones. Anyone else have any opinions on this tire?
  6. O

Stock Michelin Woes

Hello Everyone! 2013 Explorer XLT @ 37,000 miles here. Has anyone had any out of round issues with the stock Michelin Tires? We've been fighting a vibration for a while and my local Ford dealer just spent mucho $$$$ upgrading all of their stuff (Hunter Road Force machine, Vibration...
  7. O

Leather Seats and Warranty

If you have a good dealership I don't think they would fight you too much on this (hopefully). Being so new with so few miles I would think they would consider fixing it. The biggest issue will be if they decide that it was abnormal wear and tear caused by you and they could try to deny it.
  8. O

Leaky Rear Diff

I'd maybe consider replacing the vent tube on the rear diff. Maybe its clogged/stuck so your getting to much positive pressure in the rear diff. Its towards the top of the diff housing on the drivers side. Its about 10-20 bucks from the dealer.
  9. O

Tire Pressure

This. Check your door sticker for psi information. I believe 5th gens are 35psi all the way around. You can also look at your manual which gives you a nice chart on how to adjust the psi based on ambient temperature.
  10. O

Ringing noise during accelleration

This. Maybe swap the factory one back in and see what happens.
  11. O

Waranty Issues, help and advice needed.

One easy thing to try that solved the noise I was getting in the same area. Go buy some dry silicone spray. It MUST be dry silicone spray. You can get it at most auto parts stores. Pull the weather stripping off the inside of the door (the weatherstripping that is attached to the body...
  12. O

Warranty Issues

That's a load of crap. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership is just being lazy. I would definitely push them to fix it under warranty or find yourself another dealer. My dealer addressed all of my noise concerns while my Ex was still under bumper to bumper.
  13. O

True 4wd? Or awd?

On AWD Explorers there's a dial right next to the gear lever/cup holders. I'm not sure if you can get this feature in FWD models. Someone else will have to chime in on that one. If you don't see a dial in this position I'm afraid you're out of luck.
  14. O

True 4wd? Or awd?

One could almost write a book on this topic. There are varying types of Four Wheel Drive and AWD, but I'll just hit a couple of key points on each. First an foremost I will differentiate each of these. AWD, 4WD (Four Wheel Drive, same as 4x4) accomplish additional traction by sending power to...
  15. O

New Sync Version

Hello Everyone! Just wanted to post quick that theres a new version of Sync available for anyone that has MyFordTouch (v 3.8). The update includes the following improves for those of us who have iPhones with Siri: Making phone calls to contacts in their address book Looking up phone...
  16. O

Anyone Tow A Car with their Explorer Sport?

While Explorers are rated up to 5000 (properly equipped), I don't think I'd be comfortable towing that. Explorers are meant to tow smaller things like a couple jet skis or a smaller boat. Beyond that I think you'll be taxing it. If you were just going across town i'd say go for it but any...
  17. O

3.5L Engine Oil Capacity

I usually get a 5qt and a 1qt. Its a little expensive for the extra quart but i don't like the idea of having 4qts sitting around that long. If we hit the oil change interval faster it wouldn't bother me but 6 months of oil sitting unsealed bothers me. I used to get two 5 qts with previous...
  18. O

2016 Sport review after 1300 miles

As long as you turn on notifications as others have said it should work just fine. I get texts on both of our fords from my 6.
  19. O

Steering Noise When Stopped

Steering gear going out maybe? This is something you'll have to have the shop look at. Sounds are so hard to diagnose over the interwebz.
  20. O

About to let my Explorer sit for 5-6 months, Anything i need to do?

I would use jack stands. This will keep your tires from flatspotting as well as remove strain on your suspension. Remove the battery and get a battery tender to keep it charged while your gone. I'd also look a gasoline additive (Stabil maybe) to keep moisture out of your tank.
  21. O

Rear brakes

There's all sorts of rear brake issues with Explorers. Do a search and a bunch of stuff will turn up. Getting 60k out of your rear brakes isn't half bad considering some members here have been doing them with under 30k. The brakes are known to drag on these. There can be corrosion...
  22. O

Aside from your '11-'16, What is your "other" car/truck

I have a 2010 F-150 XLT in Blue Flame much like this one. Difference is that I have the chrome package so I have chrome along the doors and mirrors. I also have chrome nerf bars. Oh, and this bad boy (1984 Yamahopper):
  23. O

Turbo cooling question

I'm assuming the the ecoboost explorers are similar to the F-150s. The F-150s will continue to cycle coolant through the turbos even after the vehicle is off for a few minutes to help bring the temp down. I'm assuming the Ex's do the exact same thing. As for the fans after shutting off the...
  24. O

0% Financing on 2015's

Like whats already been said, incentives are usually gone or cut way back. You also have to watch the prices. Dealers will sometimes inflate prices to cover losses from the 0% financing. I've been looking at new f-150's lately and a few dealers just jacked up prices once the 0% financing started.
  25. O

Question on something.

I believe the tubes you are referring to are coolant lines that are run from the compressor to the back of the vehicle. The water you are seeing is the drain for the rear system. All perfectly normal.
Back