Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Solution to Interrupt Courtesy Lighting *Will this Work?*

Installed it last night, and it works perfectly!
  2. D

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

Just curious, what explorers owners use a dash cam for? Just record yourself driving?
  3. D

Overhead LED cabin lights are the main concern and reason why I targeted fuse 12. Hoping to drop this in today when I get a slice of time.
  4. D

I built and tested the harness last night on my work bench. Everything works as expected. Here is what it looks like. I hope to install it tonight... pending my girl gets home from the hospital before the daylight is out.
  5. D

Going to start building the harness tonight. I will report back if this works.
  6. D

Please confirm if this is what you are saying. Slot 12 inside the Factory Fuse Panel has two terminals, but only one is the hot side? In terms of the Add a Fuse, I think Terminal 1 and 2 are both interconnected inside the Add a Fuse Module. I do not think 3 and 4 are interconnected. So...
  7. D

Haha Peter. Lets walk though this solution on paper first. I'm not one to plug it in and hope for the best. Any wiring experts on here that care to double check my work/solution before I try this?
  8. D

Guys- Could use some help here to determine if this solution will work for disabling the courtesy/interior lights powered via Fuse Slot 12 on the 2014 Explorer. Since the Explorer has a low profile mini fuse I looked for a solution that would give me clean plug and play access to interrupt...
  9. D

2011 Explorer - Interior Lights

I have not looked at all yet. They make fused extension kits for adding things like this. As long as I can get my hand to where its located its simple plug and play. Then just building the wire harness to control the switch. It will be mounted in a very user friendly location.
  10. D

Ok. So, no existing mechanical switch and no known software change to be made via the Ford IDS tool? So if this really comes down to interrupting fuse#12, then the only solution is to build a inline switch into that circuit right at the fuse panel. Has anybody done this yet? Maybe I will be...
  11. D

Is this possible? Need some help here. We have a 2014 Explorer XLT. My woman typically leaves for her shift at the hospital in the 5am hour. She places our kids into the car for daycare and they are still asleep most times. Is it possible to keep those dome lights on the ceiling from coming...
Back