Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Rear axle wheels skipping/skidding in turns. Help!

Hi All, I have a '97 4 litre Ford Explorer XLT here in Australia. Without warning, yesterday, the vehicle started acting as if the rear axle is 'locked'. When I do slow speed turns, the outside wheel/tyre skips and skids. When the tyre starts to lock up the whole car body lurches on its...
  2. V

Only 6V on my Explorer fuel pump? Won't start. PATS?

Thanks for the info. Checking for battery Volts whilst cranking gives me something to look for tomorrow. I have also cleaned up the crank angle sensor connector a few days ago with switch cleaner spray. In the meantime, my pushbike is getting more km on it than ever before! Thanks - Rob
  3. V

Anything is possible... I'll check +ve is going to the +ve marked on the pump body. I didn't think it was possible to get it wrong given the connectors are keyed, but you never know! Also, from dry, how much cranking would it need to fill the filter and hoses and to the fuel rail? I'm...
  4. V

OK, I have done a bit more diagnosis and digging. The fuel pump IS getting 12V for about 3 secs when I turn the ignition on, which reading around the web, seems correct. I was only seeing 6V since I was turning the ignition on, then going to measure, by which time the Voltage had dropped to...
  5. V

My '97 Explorer XLT stopped suddenly the other day, and I needed towing home. I assumed the fuel pump had died, so bought another. However, after a bit of poking around, there is only 6V at the pump, as well as at the inertia cut-off switch. All fuses are intact, All relays are good...
Back