Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

I have Bridgestone Blizzak LM 60 Tires that I use for Winter that ride very well and are quiet. They have the snowflake and mountain symbol. They are called winter tires but can be used in the summer. Life of the tires is unknown since they would wear more in the summer as the temp rises. Living...
  2. B

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

I have a 2015 Sport that had the yellow fog lights and I fixed it by purchasing some led fog lights from VLeds. They are actually brighter than the factory plus they are white light. A big improvement over the yellow ones. I have heard from other people that yellow is actually better for...
  3. B

Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade

For Led H11 Fogs I bought Vleds.com 3000 lumen LED's. They have a 4500 Lumen LED now that would be 50% more light output. The 3000 lumen has the same light as a halogen but it is white 6000k color and much better than halogen and matches my HID headlights in light color. I would expect the 4500...
  4. B

SCT Tuning Options

I from what I found when ordering custom tunes for my SCT livewire is SCT does not have base tunes for the exp sport ecoboost but custom tunes are available and the Livewire will hold up to 10 custom tunes. I bought custom tunes for mine from 5 star tuning (843) 536-1244. They have 8 custom...
  5. B

2015 Explorer Sport in Colorado

Congrats torquexp! Enjoy your new ride!
  6. B

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I have seen the LED's fade in like a step pattern that you can see and I have seen the same step pattern in the incandescent bulbs before I replaced them with LED's.
  7. B

5 Star Tuning

I am running the 5 star 91 octane performance tune with stock components. I have much improved shifting which gives the sport much better acceleration that makes it feel more powerful. The improved shifting alone to me is more preferred over an increase in power and with no changes in stock...
  8. B

You did not read the fine print below that states you return your OEM lights and get a $56 credit. Not a bad price for a light that will probably not go out for several years! Plus I cost out the Ford parts If I tried it myself and broke something and the cost for the parts if I broke one of the...
  9. B

I used www.drivebright.com to replace my puddle lamps and my 3rd row map light yellow color LED light with a LED white light. You send your OEM assembly back to them for a credit against your order. Bought the brightest puddle lamp (5 Watt) Cree and it is a BIG improvement over factory. 3rd row...
  10. B

Great News! From my experience with your dealer the PDI will only take a couple of hours so if they get it early enough in the day they could deliver it to you that day or at opening the next day. Looks like you will have it by Wednesday. Now you can look forward to the smell of new leather and...
  11. B

2015 limited

Given my experience of 10 weeks and 8-12 weeks of others I would say that is optimistic. The main delay has been waiting on shipping. Everything else seems to be on schedule. Since your closer to the Chicago factory you might luck out and get it sooner since yours may come by road transport and...
  12. B

Auto Climate Question...

There is no fog sensor on the explorer windshield or rear window. You have to manually turn on the windshield defroster or rear window defroster. The auto climate will operate the main system based on inside and outside temps. The AC will not run if the outside temp is below 50 deg F. The...
  13. B

2015 Sport MIA

Ford (Michigan) is stating 8-12 weeks for special orders of Ford Explorers now but dealers are still saying 6-8 since most of their stock orders are taking that long. Not sure why special orders are taking longer but most delays are from production to shipping. Ford is having challenges with...
  14. B

2015 Sport MIA

Southern Yankee, All of us who special ordered Explorers know your pain and have gone through this. They had the same train shortage issue last year around the Holidays. Mine sat 4 weeks in the factory holding yard before shipping this summer. I swear time slows down when you are waiting for...
  15. B

Congrats COEXSPORT on your new ride. Great choice in color! Also welcome to the vehicle that has the most electronics of any Ford vehicle. It does take some time to figure out SYNC and all of the other features.
  16. B

That means you have 3 more working days on the train to Denver. You are probably looking at Wednesday-Friday next week for them to go and get it for you at the unloading yard. Depends on how UP runs the trains this weekend it could be sooner. Your wait is almost over!
  17. B

COEXPORT, Enjoy your new sport!
  18. B

torquexp, Have you called the dealer to get an update on the location of your ride?
  19. B

torquexp, Sounds like the same railroad delays they were having last year at this time. If its in Indiana its in the railroad system now and unless they have weather delays or a shortage of train capacity it will move quickly. Call the dealer back on Thursday or Friday and ask for an update...
  20. B

Time for tires

Fpo, Which Blizzacks did you get? I bought a set of LM-60's and 20 inch wheels for winter tires. I have driven them about 500 miles now and they ride as good or better as the factory Hankooks. Been through one snowstorm and some icy conditions so far and they handle great in snow and ice.
  21. B

aftermaret remote start?

There is an accessory for remote start that can be used with an app on your iphone available from Ford accessories that plugs into your existing wiring. You have to check with a dealer about what you need since you don't have factory remote start. Check with online dealers for parts if you want...
  22. B

5 Star Tuning

You need to decide if the advantages of the tune are worth the risk of a possible warranty void. I recommend 5 star since the owner Mike does all of his own tuning with Dyno and road testing. He does a tune with stock components and has a calibration form you fill out with specifics if you...
  23. B

5 Star Tuning

If you have to go to Ford for Service just reset the tune to Stock. If you have an issue with the tune it will go away when you change back to stock. If not its something else 5 Star does their own tuning with actual vehicles on dyno and on the road. Changing a lot of Stock hardware is...
  24. B

5 Star Tuning

Yes, I have the custom explorer sport tunes from 5 star that were just available a few weeks ago. I have custom tunes for the F150 ecoboost from 5 star that was my first experience with them. The tunes for the F150 solved a lot of issues with the 6 speed transmission. I have driven the...
  25. B

Does F150 use same BOV as Explorer?

I did look at the explorer sport setup and the BOV is not on the intercooler as it is on the F150. There is a hose off one of the turbo lines at the intercooler running under the top engine cover but I have not removed it to see where it goes. I am guessing that the BOV on the explorer is...
Back