Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Water Leak

I have a 2012. My leak originated from the roof rack bolts being rusty and water presented in from my right rear seatbelt assembly. Ford actually fixed mine just outside my 3/36 but couldn't diagnose until they put vehicle in a water room.
  2. J

Rodents eating my wiring harness.

I live in Central FL and had the same thing happen. I took bird feeder out of my yard too. We have giant fox squirrels but IDK which type of a hole rodent is chewing wires
  3. J

Water Leak

My 2012 did the same thing. Roof rack bolt rusted and caused water to drain in by seatbelt assembly. Right rear 3rd row seat. Dealer covered mine after finally figuring out where the leak started and the did a full detail on the inside.
  4. J

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I have a 2012 Ford and got hood replaced by Ford Corporate after opening a case with them. I was outside my 3/36 warranty. I had to share cost like 60/40 but the corrosion issue resolved. Sanding & painting the hood wont resolve since its the metal contamination as root cause for corrosion
  5. J

Water Leak

Mine originated in the Roof Rack bolts too - and the water ran down and presented in the right rear seatbelt assembly. Once the roof rack bolts was fixed the leaking stopped. My dealer also assumed it was in the rear hatch and gooped the hell out of it trying to seal it off the first time around.
  6. J

Bad gas mileage

Sometimes it's the O2 Sensors. Can you get the codes run?
  7. J

Water Leak

Hi Lenny - My 2012 Explorer was leaking from rusted bolts on the roof rack. Water presented from right rear seatbelt assembly. It took them a while to determine that - they had to put my vehicle in a rain room before they finally got the correct source of the leak. My dealership and/or Ford...
  8. J

Water Leak

The first time I went to the dealer, they also slopped that sealant all over my rear hatch attempted to fix. It continued to leak into my vehicle with the next rain. My leak actually started from the roof rack with rusted bolts. Water runs down the same rails towards the rear hatch, which...
  9. J

Water Leak

Mine presented there as well. They fixed it first. Actual leak started from roof rack . Keep eyes on it to make sure
  10. J

Water Leak

I would post on their Facebook or Twitter page wall and indicate your problem. They are pretty good about acknowledging the issue in a private chat & setting up a case with Ford Corporate and getting your vehicle into the dealer for inspection. Seemed like my dealer wanted Corporate $ kicked...
  11. J

Water Leak

My dealer first thought my water leak was coming from the hatch so they puddy'd it all up with gray bondo looking stuff, which you can't see once the panels are put back on but next good rain - water presented again from the right rear seatbelt assembly. They brought in a 'water expert' and put...
  12. J

Water Leak

I have pictures of where it leaked from my roof-rack but my 2012 exploder doesn't have a sun or moon roof. Not quite sure how to upload pics on here. If you want to message me your email, I'll forward to you.
  13. J

See if you can private message the Ford Service Rep that posted right above your issue.
  14. J

Water Leak

The first time Ford fixed my rear hatch - it showed rust and seals were lifting on the inside rear hatch seam on the top directly in the middle of the glass. It had to go to the body shop for repairs & repainting. More recently my truck leaked again from right rear seatbelt assembly & its...
  15. J

Water Leak

Interior Water Leak - Right Rear Seatbelt Assembly Just kidding - still raining in Florida - 2 days after I picked up my truck - water still raining inside my vehicle. Awesome - and back to the dealer again today. Update 2/22/16 ~ Ford has had my 2012 Exp for the last 2 weeks. I've been...
  16. J

Water Leak

I got my Explorer back today. They removed right roof rack & resealed those - apparently water was coming in from there this time. They had my vehicle for 4 days - I was not charged for this repair.
  17. J

You need to contact Ford Corporate - not customer service. Private Message a Ford Rep on this forum or on Facebook about the bubbling paint issue. They are well aware of the corrosion issue due to them using aluminum hood mounted to a steel body. Ford Corp did pay 60% of my replacement hood...
  18. J

Water Leak

Water Leaking AGAIN in interior cabin - Right Rear Seatbelt Assembly I posted originally about the interior water leak on my 2012 Explorer on this forum approximately February 2015. Ford Corp paid for half of the repair & my dealer paid for the other half - even though I was over the 3/36...
  19. J

I picked up my 2012 Explorer today after having the hood replaced & repainted. The repair was $2260.22 & Ford Corp agreed to pay 60%. The hood lists for $1203.00, paint at around $850.00, and some other misc charge and tax. My dealer, AutoNation Ford would not agree to pay anything towards the...
  20. J

Ford Corporate is offering to pay 60%of the cost to replace my hood due to the corrosion issue. They are not sanding/repainting, which I am grateful for but still this will cost me over $800.00 to repair a manufacturing defect. I don't really have much choice, I guess. *Sigh*
  21. J

My 2012 Ford Explorer hood also rusting where it latches My 2012 Ford Explorer also has rust bubbling along the edge of the hood where it latches closed. I noticed 1 small area of paint has lifted now. The rest of my truck looks beautiful. I did buy the Permaplate protection on my vehicle...
  22. J

Water Leak

Ford Explorer Water Leak My dealer put my truck in an ionizer room all night to remove any 'mold spores' they referred to them as and then did a full detail inside/out. My truck looked beautiful inside/out. They replaced the rear seam and repainted the interior hatch tracks - looks sweet. I...
  23. J

Water Leak

I wish they would also change out the indoor cabin filter and detail the carpet as part of the repair! The cabin filter is behind the glove box and is pretty easy to slide a new one in there. I only know this because of how many times its been changed trying to get rid of the funky a$$ smell...
  24. J

Water Leak

2012 Explorer - Water Leak Ford Corporate has authorized the repairs to my vehicle. They indicated my rear hatch seams were pulling apart allowing water to present inside my vehicle from right rear seat belt assembly. Ford Corporate is paying half and my dealer is paying the other half. Car...
Back