Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

power steering pressure hose help and check valve?

i just replaced my rack and pinion and now i cant seem to get the air outta the system, ive tried every way i know but it still vibrates the front tires when i turn the wheel. while rechecking all the connections i noticed some very slight seepage around the high pressure hose into the rack...
  2. G

Power steering pressure hose replacement, sounds easy dosent it.

had a similar problem, i soak everything in Liquid Wrench for atleast 10 minutes and wire brush as much as possible, more liquid wrench. I swear by that stuff, have had a few bolts i just couldnt budge even with a breaker bar, soak em over nite and they popped right off.
  3. G

Check Valve in Steering Rack

ive had this same problem on my 99 im working out. my new rack came with a check vale installed already (and a paper saying to swap them out, i ignored it cause new is better right?) so i tossed aside my old one. think i messed up on that one, should have swapped them. cause now i cant get the...
  4. G

transmission vibration? Torque Converter shudder? U-Joint? Stumped.

sorry for the late reply, and thanks for yalls, cant really take it to a reputable transmission shop as the closest one is over 2 hours away. I swapped out both u-joints on the rear drive shaft on a whim and alot of the vibration is gone. on the rear axle one, the inside of 2 of the bearing...
  5. G

transmission vibration? Torque Converter shudder? U-Joint? Stumped.

got a problem im stuck on here. have searched the threads and still couldnt pin point my problem, which is a first! I have viewed these forums many many times as a guest looking for solutions to various problems and yall are spot on. so I thought Id join up and see if yall can give me a hand...
Back