Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Borla Cat-back install on my 2014 Explorer Sport

What model number were/are these RaceRamps as I would like to get a set? Honky.
  2. H

Heat Only When The Car Is Moving

A few weeks ago as it is getting colder, I noticed that even if I cranked the 2013 Explorer Sport up and let it run 10 minutes or so to heat up the engine that the windshield would not clear off much unless I revved the engine to about 1,800 rpm. Then you could feel the heat coming out. Also...
  3. H

XLT to ST is it worth it?

Good choice, good choice indeed. You won't be sorry.
  4. H

2016 Ford Explorer Sport engine torque thrust mounts.

Looks like I will be going with AD! Thanks for the update.
  5. H

Installed Upgraded Transmission Mounts...what a difference!

Interesting indeed! I'll have to crawl under the '13 Sport to see what's going on under there. May have to do this. Thanks.
  6. H

Riding down the freeway

Get yourself a new Explorer Sport with the ecoboost engine. It will take you as fast as you want to go and handles very well in the corners. Or you can go for the 400 Hp model. Enjoy!
  7. H

Intermittent clicking sound when turning right. Pop, wheel comes off…

If there are any people out there that don't like you--and can handle a wrench--they could have set this up to try to kill or hurt you. Keep an eye over your shoulder and report any off the wall happenings to the local cops. I would ask you to report this to them as it may be bigger than we...
  8. H

So, what are you going to do???
  9. H

But, if you are into performance--the ST wins it hands down!
  10. H

I like the performance of the ST--and, you will too! You only live once. So, I'd go for it.
  11. H

2018 Explorer SPORT tune and exhaust?

Did a Borla cat-back system several years back. No drone. Sounds off when you juice it. Plus, I pressurized the intake to the air box/filter. Wrote about this on a different thread years ago and am not going to repeat it (look it up). Was looking for performance--and I got it with +93 premium...
  12. H

More than likely my last EXPLODER

Well, my friend "a man has to do what a man has to do." Good luck!
  13. H

Replacements For '13 Explorer Sport.

The original Hankook s were fine. but, are no longer made. Did a lot of research for replacements. Every tire dealer had a different idea. Very confusing. Finally decided to go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 255/50R20/XL 109H (the original tire size). My Ford dealer in Ayer, MA came up...
  14. H

Oil change in the wilderness

Been hanging around with Mick Dodge too long!
  15. H

And, he's down to the minimum again!
  16. H

Since the oil plays a big part in cooling engine components, I have never let an engine of any kind get down to the minimum level. I'm 80 and we had a saying years ago and that was, "oil is cheaper than bearings." Still true to this day especially if you have a turbo charger or two under the...
  17. H

Some questions on a 2021 Ford Explorer Purchase

Well, Bluesnakes01: Some of us are not waiting in great anticipation--but, what are you going to do? Honky.
  18. H

What we have overlooked here is the different final gear ratio that you mention. Do you know what the ratio is for both models? If so, what is it? For a driver that is going to put thousands of highway miles on it--it could be the decider because of gas mileage. For those of us that don't...
  19. H

Somewhere along the line, you're gonna have to make a decision. I have this feeling that if you buy the ST and don't like it--that you can find someone with a Platinum that will make an even swap with you (for their own reasons). As such, since you seem to be like many of my friends that can't...
  20. H

I suspect the ST will ride a touch stiffer but should handle better. Don't think seat comfort will be much different. But, when you mash the ST to the floor--you'll know why you bought it to begin with. Otherwise, you will always have some questions in your mind as to whether all the things...
  21. H

Hankook Optimo H426

My 2013 Sport has these and they need to be replaced. Hankook has the Ventus S1 Noble 2 H452, size 255/50R20H, but Consumer Reports only gives them a 57 rating. Where as the Michelin Premier LTX gets a 74. Some tire sellers list a 255/50R20H for the LTX while other sellers do not show the 50R...
  22. H

Finally, custom exhaust complete...time to show it off...

So, how does it feel power wise when driving it? I made my own forced, cold air setup for the '13 Sport (see "Air intake--from where?"). Had to use a Borla cat-back system as we have emissions tests at the regular state inspections up here in MA. I can tell that it gets up and goes better and...
  23. H

Borla Cat-back install on my 2014 Explorer Sport

Did another mileage check. Never went over 45 mph. Through a couple of towns with 50% of it at a steady 25, 30, 40, or 45 mph. Made the trip 6 or 7 times. Not much stop and start mileage. Engine was never working hard, just coasting along. The mileage came back at 19.997 mpg. 40 to 45 mph...
  24. H

Borla for the Sport

Just shined a light up my cat-back system for the 2013 Sport. Looks like a solid straight pipe in there--no perforations. And tapped on the shell. Sounds empty to me. So, I think you got the real thing for a super price. Put the system on and let us know what happens. My gas mileage went...
  25. H

Borla for the Sport

Did a cat-back Borla system on my 2013 Sport. Noticed no loss of torque or power as the turbos seem to spin up quicker and are not wasting energy by having to force the exhaust through restrictive resonators and mufflers. My gas mileage went up which tells me the engine is not working as hard...
Back