Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2013 Rear toe link breakage

Did search on e-bay. Found several listings for "used" toe-links. The new toe-links that Ford installed are heavier looking than those on e-bay. Don't know why anyone would buy used suspension parts. crrobbins
  2. C

Thanks, Local Ford dealer just performed recall. Surprisingly it only took them about 45 minutes, including realignment, to complete. They did say my front end was a little out of alignment and wanted to schedule front alignment at later date. Alignment guy went home at lunch. Recall doesn't...
  3. C

Peter, Did Ford replace your parts with heavier duty parts? I have scheduled to have recall completed. Just wondering if getting stronger toe-links. crrobbins
  4. C

You probably already know this, Ford just issued recall on this same issue. You should get reimbursed for your costs on this. It depends on manufacturing date and where it was built. crrobbins
  5. C

Explorer spark plugs replacement

I have the 3.5l not EB. Just noticed you have the Sport. Probably not same plug. crrobbins
  6. C

Chan Changed plugs and intake gaskets on wire’s 2013 XLT at 120000 mi. The old plugs came out no problems. I used Champion 7975 plugs. Checked gaps on plugs and all six were gapped at right distance out of the boxes. It is running great so far. Currently have about 130000 miles on it. Purchased...
  7. C

Spare Tire?

I recently purchased a funnel at our local Walmart that looks almost exactly like one that comes with spare in our XLT. It appears to work just like the Ford one. Used it a couple times. Works great. crrobbins
  8. C

Does anyone actually love their 5th gen Explorer?

We love our 2013 XLT. Does this make the percentage go up any?
  9. C

I agree with you mcpcartier. If I have a question or need help I would prefer an answer to question. Not the third degree. crrobbins
  10. C

PTU Problems

That is good to know. Plans are to keep ours at least a couple more years. Other than PTU and fuel module recall it has been an excellent vehicle. Love it. crrobbins
  11. C

PTU Problems

We had to have PTU replaced a couple months ago. It was leaking and Ford dealer said it had to be replaced. I had noticed the leak myself a couple months before that. Had about 2 months left on aftermarket warranty. After our $100 deductible the warranty paid remainder of $1350. So I think any...
  12. C

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

We owned a 1999 Windstar that was involved in a large recall because of rear "axle" corrosion that caused several axle breaks. We were provided a rental car for nearly 3 months at Ford's expense. Ford finally made a buy back offer for our Windstar, because of corrosion of front end components...
  13. C

3rd Row Seat Headrests

I was able to locate the headrests on several online Ford dealer parts stores. But that was for a 2013 XLT. 2017 may not be as readily available yet. They were over $200 each. Didn't look like a real difficult job. Ours is a manual fold down. We used a couple pillows to make the ride more...
  14. C

3rd Row Seat Headrests

We had exact same issue with our 2013 XLT. Purchased used and about a week after purchase we needed to use back row seating. Would not stay up. Both were broken. Got lucky and dealer we purchased vehicle from actually replaced both of them free of charge. I found them new on a couple Ford online...
  15. C

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

If you do not have power lift gate, I don't believe you need 5 button key. We have 2014 XLT without power lift gate and am using 4 button key after using Forscan to activate remote start. Probably save you a few bucks. crrobbins
  16. C

Leaking PTU Vent

fixplane1, Sorry it has taken a couple months to update on wife's XLT ptu issues. Just before I was going to remove PTU, wife reminded me that she had purchased an aftermarket extended warranty on car when purchased. So I drove to local dealer and had them inspect PTU again and contact warranty...
  17. C

Sport Grill, Headlights and Tailights on an XLT?

What about using Plastidip for grill. I at one point thought about using Plastidip on grill. If I do not like it, just peel it off( I hope). If it looks good then go the expense of actual sport grill. Has anyone tried this? crrobbins
  18. C

Leaking PTU Vent

fixplane1, Just read your posts. I am considering doing the same work on wife's 2013 XLT. It is leaking from top of PTU. Getting the Works Service at local Ford dealer and they noticed leak. Said the only way to repair it is replace PTU at cost of $1500+. How difficult was removal and reinstall...
  19. C

Right rear brake light not working

Had an issue last winter with right side taillight getting moisture in it. Cracked somehow. Water filled light about 1/2 up. It made both brake lights flicker constantly. I removed the taillight and emptied and dried it out. Reinstalled light. Only left brake light would work then. No flickering...
  20. C

Knocking sound passenger side under dash

Sounds like noise is in same area of heater blend door clicking. Don't know why heater blend door would be running when opening front doors. Just a thought. crrobbins
  21. C

2014 Ford Explorer - locate ac evaporator drain tube

Wrbeckett, I recently went through the process of locating condensate drain on wife's 2013 XLT. Located it on driver's side firewall. Could not see it from above, but crawled under vehicle and found it on driver's side firewall sticking out of some silver insulation attached to firewall. A...
  22. C

LED rear turn signals

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Amber-7440-7440A-7444-992-LED-Bulbs-Load-Resistors-For-Turn-Signal-Lights-/161457855392?hash=item2597a35ba0:g:WSUAAOSwR0JURb5n&vxp=mtr Try this from E-Bay. Worked great for my brother's 2014 XLT. crrobbins
  23. C

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

I agree the Explorer is an extremely comfortable drive. Would like a larger tank. But how much extra weight would a 22 gallon tank create that would cause much of a decrease in mpg? Of course if they find several ways to cut weight, it would add up to an increase in mpg. Still would like a...
Back