Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Want to know the day your Explorer will be born?

That's a hot looking Sport! Welcome to the club - Congrats! S64
  2. S

My 2105 Explorer Sport Special Order Has Arrived

Follow up on my "* Don't know (yet) if there's any way to see/use Sirius Travel-Link traffic info onto navigation use - that would be wonderful or at least what google navigation offers. If it cant do that then Travel-link is closer to useless." The same articles that mention the 2015 is a 5...
  3. S

"FYI, If your read the Sirius info you will note that the Traffic and Travel link is free for 5 years for 2015 explorers" WOW - that's a super tip - thanks. I have a lifetimed Sirius Stiletto2 I use at home and a month to month paid for subscription I use to use in my Taurus that I'll retire...
  4. S

That smell is intoxicating (and the acceleration pretty impressive for all that weight) :-) So far: * Not HID but much better than my old trade in for night driving. Happy with that for now. * Need time to bone up on many things - adaptive cruise control and for that matter cruise control...
  5. S

Also sorry to be short (work pressures) but my remote alarm installation went just as I would hope - they HAD discovered the new instructions and the tie in was made on the drivers side and yes, ODBII port available (for my BT dongle & Android tablet app). These guys were great and talked to me...
  6. S

Willy, Ask your sales person. Mine sent me a PDF of his punch list of what to go over (same list you signoff to say he did his orientation/runthrough). The PDF (you'll see a red xsport in upper right corner) has little icons for bullet listed topics that have a corresponding video on youtube...
  7. S

Well they said it was all working great s of 4pm so I hope it wasn't a hack job. BTW is your ODB II still visible & available without having to disconnect anything? Just wondering if they replicate the port after tapping into it. I hope you know what I mean. I'm hoping mine is free to use...
  8. S

Willy since 8/31 is a Sunday I hope they're a couple days early for you. I'm watching Ford Orientation videos right now from bed - learning all the features or at least figuring out what to ask more about in the am. The kid and amateur musician in me also wants to make a music stick that will...
  9. S

"Hope this helps" It's great to get the info but at this point what's done is done. I've taken both of your posts a cut & paste into an email to them tonight if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity and with the hopes it makes it easier for someone else. That Ford can't make this...
  10. S

Sweet ride Bman3!!! I just traded in my old V8 mountaineer a similar color and I loved that SUV's look in the sun esp. when new (my factory ordered 89 LX 5.0 Sedan Mustang is also Red). This time for my Sport I went for Tux Black/Black-int - my 1st non red or dark blue car or truck - time for...
  11. S

Differences between the Sport and Limited

"I do not think an extra 50-ish horsepower is going to over-power the Limited's suspension." It sure wont help and having driven a V8 SUV during the Explorer rollover period of infamy a sure footed suspension that is very well matched to the powertrain is pretty mission critical. It's 75 more...
  12. S

Also in line - ordered 2015 Explorer Sport

Touchdown! My End of June ordered Ex Sport just arrived an hour ago Just got this pic from my dealer - minute after it was offloaded: Thanks to Chrystal for being right that sometimes they're even early! ;-)
  13. S

Thanks B-man for sharing. I'm quite tempted especially now that I know I wont be taking delivery before the weekend as I had hoped. I have ordered the Sport & will have w/perimeter so I'll ask about the related upgrade costs to that & will share wit the community here. Thanks again!
  14. S

"I, for one, would love the sport engine but you can keep the suspension, I like the plush ride of the Limited. :-) " All the go but nothing to keep it cornering safely? Naw, you wouldn't want that (that's what Mustangs are for ;-). Before even considering the Sport I test drove the heck...
  15. S

Ah, yup that sounds familiar. Did some searching and was wondering how much labor goes into installing these. My Sport is due tomorrow and would consider adding this dealer installed option depending on the cost breakdowns & time to install. I already know about the annual radio/IP fee but see...
  16. S

"One is designed for ultra-luxury, the other for sportiness." Except some of the omissions from the Sport line have been offered & bundled in over the years so that's not an absolute (i.e. heated steering included in the pkg for 2015) and yet some are still missing. As an egregious example of...
  17. S

"I am getting the remote access accessory installed with the security feature upgrade on the perimeter alarm." Do tell - what's this feature upgrade all about? Links? Congrats on receiving your Sport. (mine is due mid this week in greater Boston area...can't wait)
  18. S

Will do (post pics) - I even asked my sales guy to snap a shot when it arrives since it will likely be during a busy work week. This is my 6 weeks early 50th b-day present to myself so admittedly I'm spoiling myself and having fun with the process. Also asked - no test drives to posers (I get...
  19. S

ETA @ dealer 1 week from today... :-)
  20. S

Willy according to my window sticker, and that tip, I see my Explorer Sport will be built tomorrow 08/09/14. I hope a Saturday build isn't the same as a Monday morning one ;-) Getting close.....
  21. S

Sounds good Willy - so far Crystal confirm I'm early Aug build but am otherwise only in the planning stage with no specific dates. Will ask her end of next week and see if it rolls to a date for better planning on my end. Have a good one (TGIF) Bill
  22. S

Hi Folks. Am excited to say I'm also in line for a 2015 Explorer Sport. My dealer tossing me the keys & suggesting I go take a nice little test drive in early May (a Sport 2014 they had just gotten in - sold in 24 hours) really relieved my concerns about the power to weight ratio & sport...
Back