Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

No one can figure this out!! (Brakes)

I replaced the MC and did a full flush and I have not had any more issues with my brakes. Thanks to all of you, I think we have this figured out. THANK YOU.
  2. B

I will absolutely report back. I appreciate everyone's opinions very much.
  3. B

KayGee- When this problem is happening, the pedal is totally soft for 70% of the travel to the floor. Then in catches the last 30% of travel and gives very low quality stopping power. When I pushed to the stopper, that's when the ABS kicked in and pulsated the tire (locking it up and releasing...
  4. B

Thanks for the input Reserved- When the ABS engaged, it was very wet and slick, it stopped very slowly. Yea, it’s only once in a while the brakes fail. If it was the master cylinder, wouldn’t it always have an issue? (I have no clue).
  5. B

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am at the end of the line with my 2011 Ex limited, 110k miles. Problem- about once in every 10 times driving it, and only in stop and go traffic my brakes go VERY soft. I mean so soft that I can push down to where they end. ( I always know it’s...
  6. B

Brake problem - sinking pedal

Hey ErnieX- Hope you are well. This is the EXACT problem I am having with my 2011 Ford Explorer with 110,000 miles. Did anything ever get figured out on what the cause was? BUT, in my situation, it only happens in stop and go traffic and if I let it sit for the night the brakes work...
Back