Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

I just finished installing MOOG Quckstruts all the way around on my Explorer and ended up with...

I just finished installing MOOG Quckstruts all the way around on my Explorer and ended up with 3” of loft in the front. Hope this helps.
  2. O

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Mine seals so fantastically that the entire top of the seal is red from paint rubbing off of my hood.
  3. O

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The K&N CAI for our Explorers comes with a heat shield that, when the hood is closed, actually seals it off from the engine bay. It was the first upgrade I did when I got my Explorer and I’ve had zero issues with it. Volant used to make a sealed high flow system back in the day with a high flow...
  4. O

3rd gen lift help please

I haven’t installed them yet, but I’m hoping that I’ll end up a little higher than I did after the initial install. My Explorer has 107,x.. miles and is still sitting on the original suspension. It’s very much still winter here in Montana and I’m waiting for warmer weather. But I will post...
  5. O

Spacer Lift??? Questions

It’s because the angle of the struts are different from the front to the back.
  6. O

3rd gen lift help please

I’m running a 2.5”/2.0” Supreme Suspensions leveling kit on my 03 Explorer along with 265/75R16 BFG A/T KO2’s. The person who helped me with it said my oem quickstruts were still in perfect working order. Fast forward a year: the front suspension has sunk .75”. I have new MOOG Quickstruts for...
  7. O

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Finally got my roof basket assembled and put on. It was super easy and only took about half an hour, it probably would’ve taken less time had it not been 1* outside.
  8. O

Spacer Lift??? Questions

I’m not running wheel spacers and I had zero rub until the front end suspension started sagging. Now I have minimal rub, but only when reversing to the right.
  9. O

Spacer Lift??? Questions

Yep. ST8573 for the front, and ST8563 for the rear. They fronts are currently $96.78 on Amazon, and the tears are currently $97.88 on Amazon. Mine are sitting in the garage waiting for warm weather. Good luck and happy lifting! Make sure to upload before and after pics!
  10. O

Spacer Lift??? Questions

I actually found another picture on my phone FarmageddonNRO.
  11. O

Spacer Lift??? Questions

I don’t have any photos from the side on my phone. I can post a pic that is from the front, but at an angle though. Since the photo was taken, I put 265/75R16 BFG A/T KO2’s on it. Once the weather gets warmer, I’m actually going to be installing new MOOG Quickstruts in all four corners. I...
  12. O

I just installed the Accel Supercoil this afternoon, so I’ll keep you posted.

I just installed the Accel Supercoil this afternoon, so I’ll keep you posted.
  13. O

Supreme Suspensions Lift Kit

Here is a link to Supreme Suspensions for our Explorers: Explorer | I have the 2.5" in the front and the 2.0" in the rear of my 2003 Explorer. It's a great kit and rides well. Install was easy as well.
  14. O

I'm tempted to stick a 265/75R16 A/T tire on it instead to see if it still rubs in reverse.

I'm tempted to stick a 265/75R16 A/T tire on it instead to see if it still rubs in reverse.
  15. O

My father and I actually installed the lift and it wasn't too bad. Getting the A-Arm low enough...

My father and I actually installed the lift and it wasn't too bad. Getting the A-Arm low enough was the hardest part, but with a long enough pipe we got it. The only thing I will say is that even with the 2.5" up front and the 2" in the rear, my 265/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs still rub when going...
  16. O

Raptor front grill.

I would totally buy one of these for my X in a heartbeat!! What would we be looking at cost wise?
  17. O

Spacer Lift??? Questions

I installed the Supreme Suspensions leveling kit on my 03 X. I put a 2.5" lift up front and a 2" lift in the back. It still has a slight rake but I was able to fit 265/75R16's under her. I live up in Montana and the lift is awesome. The Duratracs have zero issue with the snow and ice and I am...
Back