Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Issues: Gas gauge stuck; Inaccurate mpg; Inaccurate "miles remaining until empty"

I appreciate the suggestion, Dave! May give that a try as well, to see what I come up with. [UPDATE: 07/03/2017]: The problem has apparently resolved itself without my having done anything. Can't explain it...just glad it's back to normal again. I did check the gas mileage, the 'manual...
  2. K

Issues: Gas gauge stuck; Inaccurate mpg; Inaccurate "miles remaining until empty"

Much obliged for the follow-up info on the approximate costs involved too, koda2000!
  3. K

Hi koda2000, Thank you very much for getting back with me and the "military service thank you" notation! Although, as I'd mentioned...I'm not really 'technically-knowledgeable' when it comes to the "workings", so-to-speak, of this Explorer, the info you provided certainly gives me a...
  4. K

Good afternoon everyone, I should first mention that I'm an elderly, largely-housebound, disabled 'Nam' vet, and have no real 'technical-understanding' of mechanical things like most other forum members here do. Short-term memory gets worse by the day now as well, unfortunately...
  5. K

2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer: Intermittent startup/shutdown issue

**Topic deleted by OP as there appears to be no interest or resolutions available**
  6. K

Battery: Best way to minimize charge loss when parked for extended periods?

Thanks very much to everyone who's provided feedback/info regarding the issue I inquired about! It will take me a while to 'digest' it all, so-to-speak. Cheers! :thumbsup:
  7. K

Much obliged for the additional info and link, shucker1. I'll go give it a look-see shortly.
  8. K

Hi shucker1, and thanks very much for the info! I probably should mention that my present way of dealing with the issue I inquired about is to go out and let the Explorer sit and idle for about 15 - 20 minutes every other day (unless I'll be driving somewhere). Not really sure how helpful my...
  9. K

Much obliged for your feedback, Number Twelve! Unfortunately...being as 'non-mechanical' a person as I am, and living in a small apartment...I wouldn't be able to accomplish the task. (I'd probably end up blowing something to pieces) :eek: Cheers!
  10. K

Good morning everyone, It's been a while since I last posted. Here is my current situation and a question I have: I'm largely-housebound most of the time now (age/deteriorating health issues), so my 2002 Explorer is not driven much (perhaps 2 times a week to the grocery store 1/2 mile...
  11. K

2002 Explorer - multiple issues, not sure they are related

Good morning everyone, Just an update here regarding the startup problem and to ask a new question. I had the Advance Auto Parts store replace the battery with a new one (which I paid more for), as it is supposed to provide more cold cranking amps than the battery that was in it...
  12. K

Replaced battery: does this alter Message Center mpg reading?

Much obliged for that info, drdoom! I was beginning to think I'd somehow managed to mess something up big time! Cheers!
  13. K

Replaced battery: does this alter Message Center mpg reading?

Good morning everyone, I recently replaced the battery in my 2002 Explorer at an Advance Auto Parts store on 5/1/2015. After installing the battery, the employee said I should probably go and drive the vehicle for 15 miles or so. (This was supposedly to allow the on-board computer to...
  14. K

Good morning TruckU, BigRondo & anyone interested, [UPDATE - Issue # 4, Door Ajar alert]: I sprayed some WD-40 into all the door latches, including the rear door lift, as shown in the pictures that were posted. Thus far, I haven't seen any further "Door Ajar" alerts. (Keeping my fingers...
  15. K

Hi Trucku, Thanks very much for the additional info on the "door ajar" issue I've experienced at intermittent intervals. The photos (e.g. where to spray WD-40 in the door latches), are a definite help for me (a "senior", non-mechanical type). :) Best regards,
  16. K

Update on problem # 5 in my original post Just a brief note that problem # 5 - i.e. the grinding/grating sound/vibration I thought was coming from the Explorer's front end, turned out to be the left rear hub bearing needing replacement. The AAA Auto repair shop I went to said the bearing was...
  17. K

Hi Rondo and thanks very much for the info pertaining to my # 4 problem! :D Being the"non-techie" type when it comes to my Explorer, it's good that there are very knowledgeable people like you here who can give me some idea as to what the problem might be, and where to begin looking! Cheers!
  18. K

Good evening everyone, First time posting here and should also mention I'm no tech whiz when it comes to auto problems, or even understanding a lot of the abbreviated terms used within the various sub-forums. (Age and declining health have taken their toll, unfortunately). I wasn't...
Back