Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

fair price to rhino line my truck?

texture I've searched & found that some guys are disappointed because the rhino material is very bumpy and holds dirt, holds cleaning sponge pieces, etc. Are there varying degrees of texture available?
  2. S

fair price to rhino line my truck?

I recently bought a 95 suburban & I want to protect the body below the two-tone stripe. Rocker panels, under the bumpers, etc. Basically, I think you'd have to pull the bumpers off, mask everything but the bottom 12-15" and spray a color matched coat of rhino liner, herculiner, etc. Is this...
  3. S

Keyless entry codes.

mine (1999) was on a card that was tucked in a pocket inside the owner's manual (in the vinyl cover)
  4. S

NEW USER, WHAT YOU THINK OF MY RIDE???

DOH! sphaugh [writing in the 3rd person] thinks that was funny, bob....
  5. S

Rogue's 2000 Limited before and after

easy, there killer. tinted windows do nothing more than attract the attention of local law enforcement. spend 50 bucks on something useful instead, like taco bell
  6. S

New Concept for a Spare Tire Rack

interesting idea. probably should incorporate some kinda wing nut type attachment at the base - so you can throw it aside once in a while if you need to haul something in back. 3/8" plate sounds excessive. very heavy, also. 1/4" plate is some strong stuff, and probably more than enough...
  7. S

New Goodyears Exploding in Brazil

watch the news this summer: the furor over firestone tires mounted on explorers has only just begun. goodyears, and other 'replacement' brands continue to fail on Explorers in South America. I heard this from a firestone factory employee who got the lowdown during a speech from management -...
  8. S

Do you think this can be emergancy repaired?

any chance that the drop brackets were heat treated? if so, proceed with extreme caution....
  9. S

00 EXP. SPORT-4U2NV

Ed, are those factory Wheelwell edge guards? If not, what kind are they?
  10. S

'98 keyless entry location

look for a card in the owner's manual jacket, also
  11. S

SOHC tensioners: warranty program

go see http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21814 I posted my correspondence w/ ford, which matches what robert's telling you... & nope, it does not appear to be viewable directly via the 'net... hope it helps
  12. S

SOHC Tensioner & Intake Manifold Warranty

some of my correspondence w/ ford -------------------------------- my original email to Ford: -------------------------------- re: camshaft tensioners & lower intake manifold o-rings in SOHC explorer v6 engine. Question: I've heard about a service bulletin, number 00M12. It's apparently...
  13. S

Good time to buy a J**p

check out http://www.aev-conversions.com/
  14. S

here's a real greenhorn question: ----nevermind--- answered it myself using google.com, found http://search.mailgate.org/rec/rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer?QUERY=gasket [Edited by sphaugh on 11-27-2000 at 07:25 AM]
  15. S

Are the manifold gasket & tensioner problems exclusive to earlier SOHC engines, or are they prevalent in all SOHC's? mine's a 1999, 55K on the clock - only problems I'm aware of are an infrequent stalling immediately after startup; I wonder if it's the rings.... my nearby dealer is...
  16. S

Straight Axle Conversion

you may not be out of luck after all, according to this description of the same kit: Dead Link Removed still pricey...
  17. S

Factory Head Unit RCA Hookups??

Maybe I was a little out of line. I won't say that it can't be done without any hiss; a good ground goes a long way. However - if a new head unit is an option (and they're so cheap anymore) I'd definitely go that direction.
  18. S

Factory Head Unit RCA Hookups??

another 2 cents the line level converters are noisy. no way around it. if your amp has speaker inputs on it, it'll probably be pretty noisy anyway... my advice: get a new head unit. as cheap as they are now, just do it. you can get a CD head that puts out decent power for four...
  19. S

Explorer tire test finds no problem.

I've read CD for years, and a simple objective test is what they do best. I'm not surprised by that article at all. The only circumstance that I can imagine an explorer rolling over due to a tire delamination is in a curve or in a turn. In many cases, the tire continues to hold air after...
  20. S

'95 CD Changer with a '98 Head unit?

link for crutchfield Dead Link Removed
  21. S

CD-BURNERS

IOMEGA I recently bought an IOMEGA ZipCD 650, external USB. Excellent all around. Portable (definite plus if you have friends). CD creation software is by Adaptec, which I would bet most of the other mfr's are using. mine's only 4x write, but it gets the job done & I bought it at sam's club.
  22. S

'95 CD Changer with a '98 Head unit?

Try calling Crutchfield. Every time I've asked questions such as yours - they've been on top of things. They'll know what can be linked to your factory Mach system & very likely have a harness for the wiring if one is needed. good luck
  23. S

Wheels & Tires?

not sure about wheel widths; but I'm sure that it goes without saying that you should do some research on the proper backspacing. check out http://www.explorer4x4.com/faq.htm for some tire size info. hope that helps.
  24. S

1998 SOHC rough idle

Jeff, I have doubts too, but since the filter may be long overdue - I'm doing it today. I bought my explorer with 42K miles - and the previous owner was a MB technician with family he visited often - way up the coast. I had it checked out & it was/is very good mechanically; however the...
  25. S

Please help me find out whats wrong!!

slow-d. thanks for the real world solution. one question: what are the chances that solution is in Ford's Quality Care database?? LMAO
Back