Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rear Lowering Block Alternatives

All I can find is the entire kit, front and back, and its $170. I was just looking for explorer lowering blocks, i guess i need to look for a universal lowering block. Does any block work with the explorer?
  2. C

Rear Lowering Block Alternatives

This is just a shot (and may get flamed) but I have searched and came up with nothing. Is there anyway, that cost under 100 or less to lower the back just a little bit (even 1/2 an inch would be fine). For example, is it possible to put something like a hockey puck to use as a lowering block...
  3. C

Intake Question

Not to hijack the thread, but... What if someone was to buy just a k&n drop in filter and modify the air box? would this about be just as good as the kkm?
  4. C

My new brushguard

That does look good. Post more pics once you have it on!!
  5. C

what intake?

You can take the air silencer off your air box. Then drill it out, if you like it just keep it that way. If not then get the new intake.
  6. C

Clay Bar

Thanks alot, sounds like its alot easier than i had originally thought.
  7. C

Clay Bar

I found some spots on my explorer that looked like rust spots, but i could scratch them off with my finger nail. Anyway, i have decided to clay bar my 98' this weekend. Are there any tips or hints you all could give me that would help?
  8. C

Newest, wrecked truck I've seen!

Our family dealership (very small) got a new 05 mustang in, and went to trade it for another and on the way it hit a deer. Lots of damage, but the car held up really well.
  9. C

New Therm Stat = Better Mpg

Not to take over, but wouldn't changing to a higher temp thermo have negative effects like engine wear?
  10. C

Want a lift, but still need for daily driver.

$150 - $200 dollars for an alignment???? I got mine for $54 after my tt/ws. Guess thats livin in a small town.
  11. C

99 Explorer sounds like exhaust rumble

My 98' 4.0 SOHC does the same thing. When im sitting at a stoplight it will vibrate and make the low noise, and when i let off the brake it will do it for a little while but when i accelerate it goes away. it will vibrate for about 3-4 seconds then go away then come right back.
  12. C

Shocks

I have only about 62000 miles on my 98 X. The shocks are starting to make some noise. Is this normal? and how much longer should i wait to replace them? I know i can go a long time, but i like to keep up on upkeep.
  13. C

Correct PSI tire inflation

There will be alot of different opinions on this. I would put the pressure at about 38. The higher pressure the better your gas mileage will be.
  14. C

Ten Myths About Synthetic Oil

For those of you who use synthetic oil, how long do you go between oil changes?
  15. C

Shocks

Ive always heard that the rancho 9000's were great. But when i searched one of the threads there were alot of people saying they were wearing out really fast. I am just looking for something thats a good price, last long, and to help out the handling a bit.
  16. C

Shocks

What are the best shocks to get after a ws/tt has been done?
  17. C

Effectiveness of Rear Sway bar

Would it be that dramatic of a change if the explorer has the warrior shackles and tt? and 31in tires?
  18. C

computer chips??????

I've done alot of searching on the subject but i cant find an answer. What exactly do these chips change that makes them so great?
  19. C

98 4.0 sohc planned upgrades

Why not drop in a 5.0?
  20. C

Would a F150 16x7 rim fit on 2001 Explorer Sport 4wd?

What is the bolt pattern for 2nd gen x? and if anyone happens to know, an 87' f150. I would check myself but i dont have either vehicle w/me.
  21. C

2" lift kit question

Just out of interest, what lift kit are you looking at?
  22. C

Anyone w/31x10.5x15 Revos at stock height

Im putting some 31's on my 98 4door this weekend. Once i drive it around a bit and check for rubbing, i will let you know how it works out. ps. its stock height
  23. C

Goodyear Fortera

Ive looked at alot of reviews for this tire, but every one of them are different and i wanted a more professional opinion.
  24. C

Goodyear Fortera

I was wondering if this would be the right tire for me. I do alot of highway driving, but also have to go on dirt/muddy roads every weekend, which get very bad in alot of rain. I travel to Colorado and New Mexico often so i would like something that is good in the snow for a little bit of...
  25. C

noob lift question

I read through the threads and I still have 1 question. Is this suppost to be done while the front end is in the air, or on the ground?
Back