Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

strange SOHC stall

Will do. Should point out that for the moment, it starts and idles "fine". It has always had a rough spot in the idle.
  2. M

strange SOHC stall

I found a hose matching your description perfectly, except on the drivers side? It was bolted to the Master Cylinder so I'm pretty sure that's it. Couldn't find anything wrong with the hose :-\ Now that you mention it, I thought I heard a hissing coming from the back of the intake but could...
  3. M

strange SOHC stall

Hello, My explorer stalled this morning shortly after I put it in Park after moving it around the driveway. After stalling it would not start unless i put the gas pedal to the floor. After two starts like this it now starts normally. While trying to figure out the problem, I also found that if...
  4. M

Sohc Fuel Pressure

Thanks for the numbers. I've seen those on here a few times, then there are a couple posts that make it sounds like 65 is normal at idle. From the numbers you posted, it sounds like my fuel pressure is at the max all the time which probably isnt right. I'm just at a loss as to which numbers to...
  5. M

Sohc Fuel Pressure

Hello, I've been reading about testing fuel pressure and FPR on here and just performed this test on my 2001 SOHC and was looking for a little input. Mainly I can't seem to find a specific mention of exactly what the fuel pressure should be, and for how long it should hold that pressure after...
  6. M

carputer idea

What do you guys do about cooling when the car is off? I've thought of building a car-computer from parts i have laying around but I think sitting in a parking lot around here it wouldnt last long. Thanks
  7. M

Locking Glovebox

Hello, Can't seem to find much about this in a thread that's not several years old, but has anyone figured out a way to install a lock on the glove box of a 2nd gen explorer? If not that, what about mounting a simple lock box anywhere in the car that's not very visible, maybe in the glove box...
  8. M

4.6 GT throttle body

Celly, got the same problem. If i remember right, we got the same TB off ebay. I havent worked to fix mine yet, but im pretty sure its just slack in the cable. The throttle cable for my gas pedal was pretty slack after i did the mod, so I would assume the cruise control cable is slack too. I...
  9. M

Gas modified by Acetone results

Best thing to do is add it just before you fill up, to make sure it mixes better
  10. M

Mustang 3.8 ?

Cool, may go test drive a white convertible on wednesday. Still havent made up my mind completely, i like the explorer and the mustang about equally as much but gas is killing me. Updates soon i guess
  11. M

Mustang 3.8 ?

No i'd be trading the X in. I'd actually rather stay with a truck platform, but I want something alittle more fun to drive than a 4cyl Ranger. I'm thinking if not the mustang, perhaps a grand prix gt or gtp
  12. M

Mustang 3.8 ?

Forgot to mention i'm looking for something 2001-2002 :-) thank though
  13. M

Mustang 3.8 ?

Who's got experience owning a mustang 3.8 ? If gas prices dont go down much after labor day i'm going to have to find a new car. Figured out today that something around 20mpg would save about $1100 a year for me, which is alot being in college. Anyways wondering if there's any major issues to...
  14. M

Mustang 4.6 throttle body on a 4.0 SOHC Explorer

Should it fall? Or does it mean the stop screw needs adjusting?
  15. M

Looks about the same actually, I'll get my scan tool out later and find out exactly what it's doing as the tach seems to be pretty off.
  16. M

My 2001 XLS 4x4

Definetly some better response in the lower rpms, allthough since I put both on at the same time, I cant point out which one is helping the most.
  17. M

Got mine installed today. Link I put on a MAC intake at the same time so I couldnt tell you how much the new TB helped out. I plan on getting the MAF housing in a couple weeks. One thing i noticed different about my TB compared to Aldive's and the stock TB, is that there is no hole drilled in...
  18. M

My 2001 XLS 4x4

Well today I finally got around to installing a Mustang 70mm TB and a MAC Intake. The intake was $130 off ebay, and the TB was 120, also off ebay. Note that the other TB's member's have used are more expensive as they include a TPS, however I used the one I already had, and saved some coin...
  19. M

I'm looking at the same one on ebay, but as it is the same price (or close) as the C&L MAF, I'm trying to decide which one to get. Any opinions on which would be a better mod to do first (i'll do both eventually)
  20. M

Summer Run in GA, AL, FL Area

Yeah dont start the illegal talk, they'll close the thread. Sorry bmxking I wanted to go this summer but i dont think its going to happen for me.. some other time perhaps
  21. M

Removinh the Fan?

If not an electric fan, what about one of the lighter aluminum fans found in places like Advanced Auto ? Instead of eliminating the fan completely they just replace it with a lighter one. Seem's like it'd be a mix between the two.
  22. M

Idle dying engine: solved!

sounds to me like you cleaned the IAC valve. It's under the 4.0 SOHC cover that you took off, top of the engine, held on by 2 bolts, which i think are 8mm. Not sure what you were trying to remove before, but if you didnt have to take off the cover to get to it, it wasnt the IAC edit, here's a...
  23. M

Interesting, I wasnt aware of that. I suppose i'll quit worrying about it then.
  24. M

Here's my previous posts wrapped up into one: Date Miles Gallons MPG Change 4/8 106 8.027 13.21 -- 4/15 146 10.1 14.46 1.25 4/24 110 8.076 13.62 -.84 5/10 220 17.41 12.64 -.98 Begin Acetone 5/14 219 14.78 14.81 2.17 5/20 264 19.48 13.55 -1.26 5/27 275 17.22 15.97 2.42 Looks like im...
  25. M

I wonder what the ingredients are on those improvers. Seems to me one could easily put 2 oz of acetone in a bottle, dilute it with gas, and sell it as a mileage booster.
Back